WIP [windows] Enable shader based HQ scalers for DXVA renderer
I am using your latest build. Shaders seem to work fine.
My system is win 8.1 beta on an Amd e450 apu .
6 gig ram
1650mhz

I have the feeling that the normal spline is a luttle smoother to my eyes then the optimized. It doesnt stutter..it just seem less smooth. Perhaps i am just tired.
This is working fine on my Eeebox 1501 (atom and ion, Win 8.1), after adding the Win variable. No problems with playback at any resolution, and gives a decent increase in picture quality with the additional scalers. A much appreciated patch.
(2013-08-22, 13:20)darknessatnight Wrote: I have the feeling that the normal spline is a luttle smoother to my eyes then the optimized. It doesnt stutter..it just seem less smooth. Perhaps i am just tired.
I have the opposite experience. Both run smooth during normal playback but if I bring up a graphic overlay like the audio or video options then the non optimized versions of Spline36 and Lanczos3 stutter. I'm assuming this is because my graphics card (AMD 5450) isn't powerful enough, but it shows that the optimized versions work perfect under any condition.
(2013-08-23, 05:31)StinDaWg Wrote: Both run smooth during normal playback but if I bring up a graphic overlay like the audio or video options then the non optimized versions of Spline36 and Lanczos3 stutter. I'm assuming this is because my graphics card (AMD 5450) isn't powerful enough, but it shows that the optimized versions work perfect under any condition.

In video(system) there is an option tha\t tells when to use the HQ shaders..on what % do you have it? Or is that setting not related to these shaders?

Did any one have the crashes also with this special build after restart? I reinstalled the latest "normal" nightly to get my system running again and that one doesnt crash.
(2013-08-23, 10:20)darknessatnight Wrote:
(2013-08-23, 05:31)StinDaWg Wrote: Both run smooth during normal playback but if I bring up a graphic overlay like the audio or video options then the non optimized versions of Spline36 and Lanczos3 stutter. I'm assuming this is because my graphics card (AMD 5450) isn't powerful enough, but it shows that the optimized versions work perfect under any condition.

In video(system) there is an option tha\t tells when to use the HQ shaders..on what % do you have it? Or is that setting not related to these shaders?

Did any one have the crashes also with this special build after restart? I reinstalled the latest "normal" nightly to get my system running again and that one doesnt crash.
I have it at 10%. This means that it will use HQ scalers for anything lower than 1920x1080 resolution. Of course, you can always change this during playback as well.
StinDaWg

Do you have a link for me where I can read about the % and what they do for the HQ shaders?
First post updated updated to new build

Testing:
When testing, please check:
render method set to PS/DXVA
scaling methods DXVA/Bicubic/Lanczos3/Spline36 and their "optimized" versions.

Please also add "AE_ENGINE = ACTIVE" to your Windows environment variables
http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-adde...windows-7/
Environment name: AE_ENGINE
Environment value: ACTIVE
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn,

can you tell us what has changed so we know what we have to look at?
only audio fixes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-25, 13:01)Martijn Wrote: First post updated updated to new build

Testing:
When testing, please check:
render method set to PS/DXVA
scaling methods DXVA/Bicubic/Lanczos3/Spline36 and their "optimized" versions.

Please also add "AE_ENGINE = ACTIVE" to your Windows environment variables
http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-adde...windows-7/
Environment name: AE_ENGINE
Environment value: ACTIVE
The HQ scalers aren't available to choose in this build with render set to DXVA.
(2013-08-26, 02:54)StinDaWg Wrote: [The HQ scalers aren't available to choose in this build with render set to DXVA.

can confirm that

ps:
the previous version crashed as I reported before. This one runs fine after restart of my pc.
I couldn't find what caused it.
(2013-08-26, 02:54)StinDaWg Wrote: The HQ scalers aren't available to choose in this build with render set to DXVA.
Can confirmed this too. Seem stuck with DXVA scaler no matter which rendere I chose.
Are you going to upload the proper build so we can test?
(2013-08-28, 10:04)StinDaWg Wrote: Are you going to upload the proper build so we can test?

Man, don't rush thing. I suggest revert to 0821 build which I'm perfectly fine with it.
(2013-08-28, 12:37)oldpoem Wrote:
(2013-08-28, 10:04)StinDaWg Wrote: Are you going to upload the proper build so we can test?

Man, don't rush thing. I suggest revert to 0821 build which I'm perfectly fine with it.
Boost volume on downmix doesn't work on that build. Since Martijn said there were audio fixes I'm hoping it's one of them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[windows] Enable shader based HQ scalers for DXVA renderer0