Req Movie Set Ordering
I was wondering if set sorting can be added to 1.3.x Ember. Currently we can make movie sets and add movies to them, but there is no way to sort them inside the set.

XBMC uses the <sorttitle> tag after the set tag, where a string can be set and used to determine the order of the movies. In the set manager, an UP and DOWN button could be added to the gui to choose the movie order, then when OK is pressed the sorttitle tag can be added to the nfo to set the sort order for xbmc.

Can this be added or is there a way that i can edit in this kind of change? The reason i ask is that if i manually add the sorttitle tag to my sets NFO files, then i add another movie to the set in ember, all the NFO files are rewritten and the sorttitle tag gets removed from all movies in the set.

(perhaps a wa to add fanart and posters for sets too?)
poster & fanarts for movie set's using "Movie Set Artwork Automator" plugin support is already accepted feature for 1.4x - not sure about the the sorting feature, let's hear Dan and other developers if they want to include this in 1.3.x , though I believe no more new features in "old" 1.3.x, only bugfixes Smile
There is a "Sort Title" field in the movie info (double-click on a movie name, Details tab, upper left corner, third box down). I always set that whenever a movie might not get sorted the way I want, particularly with sets that do not sort "properly". Won't that do what you wish?
XBMC automatically sorted Movies in sets by year. If you need a different order you can use the "Sort. Title" field.
Oh perfect. The problem I was having was that manually adding this to NFO was getting overwritten when the NFO is refreshed, but I didn't notice this field. That's basically it (although an up/down feature in the sets would just make this slightly more automated).

Thx
(Thread can be closed)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Set Ordering0