Android Mini PC vs. Linux Mini PC???
Tlbb best of both worlds?
Concerning the Pivos XIOS, if you get one set up and working longer than a few days you're golden for a while. But when they flake out they flake out hard and you basically have to RMA or return to the store. I've had numerous issues where the box will stop handshaking HDMI and the EDID comes back as basically zeros, so no audio. Pivos thinks it's the TV's fault for not handshaking. It's a very interesting device and I got a few of them working for almost a month I was extremely happy as I had a cheap alternative to add XBMC to additional TV's, but when they started exhibiting flaky reliability I had to switch back to full blown Zotac AD04/ID81 or similar HTPC. At least the menu's aren't laggy with the full blown HTPC. YMMV
(2013-08-09, 15:13)Nu7s Wrote: You should look into one of these devices.
- Raspberry PI
- The Little Black Box
- Pivos Xios
- Ouya

Nothing compares to a i5 though.
I would say ATV1200 from Geniatech also ok
Wink 
Good News!
Rikomagic MK902 will coming soon!
MK902 runs Google Android 4.2 and it’s designed to be plugged directly into the HDMI port or AV port on a TV, converts the normal HDMI TV into smart TV and makes your living room become a widely popular home entertainment center. Watch stunning 1080p HD content from YouTube and many more! Video chat from Skype,MSN,QQ. Send emails, update your facebook status, play Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja like never before. Download new apps, create and display a power point, listen to music, read books, and play all those interactive games you love so much on your phone or tablet.
Highlight:
Quad Core RK3188
2G DDR3
8G Flash or 16G Flash for option
Bluetooth 4.0
Bulid in Camera and Microphone

Welcomes to Rikomagic official website:
www.rikomagic.com
I think I'm gonna wait till google rolls out their official "Android TV". I have a ug802 and it's fun to tinker with, but nowhere near an all around solution. Even with the 2Dark4u custom rom. Can stream pretty much anything online. But when it comes to 1080 content on my home network, It's nowhere close. So fingers crossed for a Nexus T with new KITKAT UI. Or maybe a nice shiny new update for my Vizio Co-Star.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Mini PC vs. Linux Mini PC???1