• 43(current)
[Archive] Arctic
(2013-11-08, 23:35)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-11-08, 22:49)hoopsdavis Wrote: Anyone know if its possible to jump to a channel in the EPG Timeline instead of having to scroll?

Seems like you should be able to the number of that channel and the TimeLine EPG will jump directly to it.
Yeah I've thought this in the past too but haven't found anything about a way to do it - it really should work in the same way that jumpsms does for the library etc. -- Luckily I don't have that many channels (only Aus Freeview so about 20 channels). You can use the Channel Up/Down buttons in the epg timeline to jump down a page - i.e. jump by 6 channels at a time. Unfortunately that's the best I can suggest currently.

Thanks Jurial, I'll us the channel button

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, will update my advancedsettings XML.

PS - A shame to see the full width option for the osd removed, I preferred that to the others, but tabbed is almost as good Wink
Jurial is there anyway to get rid of the elapsed time in the "Onscreen" info? I like the look but I prefer not to see the large timer.

Thanks in Advance

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2013-11-09, 07:15)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial is there anyway to get rid of the elapsed time in the "Onscreen" info? I like the look but I prefer not to see the large timer.

Thanks in Advance

For Music Vis, delete lines 126-147 from 1080i/MusicVisualisation.xml -- you're looking to delete this part:
Code:
                <control type="label">
                    <description>Player Times</description>
                    <posx>1350</posx>
                    <posy>805</posy>
                    <width>1500</width>
                    <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Time(mm)]</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <font>Font-MusicVis-Time</font>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                    <textcolor>33ffffff</textcolor>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1645</posx>
                    <posy>805</posy>
                    <width>1500</width>
                    <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Time(ss)]</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                </control>

For Video, delete lines 1169 - 1226 in DialogSeekBar.xml -- you are looking to delete this part:
Code:
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1318</posx>
                    <posy>757</posy>
                    <width>700</width>
                    <label>•</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <font>Font-Onscreen-Time</font>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                    <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Time(hh),0)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1278</posx>
                    <posy>757</posy>
                    <width>700</width>
                    <label>•</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                    <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Time(hh),1)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1238</posx>
                    <posy>757</posy>
                    <width>700</width>
                    <label>•</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                    <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Time(hh),2)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1365</posx>
                    <posy>805</posy>
                    <width>1500</width>
                    <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time(mm)]</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1640</posx>
                    <posy>805</posy>
                    <width>1500</width>
                    <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time(ss)]</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                </control>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Congratulations, Jurial, your skin is really impressive !

Your skin made me quit xperience 1080 (juste after your xperience1080 arctic mod).

There is some things to optimize but this is a great skin. Here are some I would like to see :

-media path (it was in X1080 arctic and it is a great info for some as me that have multiple sources on different HDD)
-option to unable the diffuse color on homescreen for home backdrops
-option to create more custom home menu (only 1 is not enough)
-power button (there is one in X1080 arctic) it has a very high WAF. So, in this skin, there no power button and some asked me "how can quit xbmc?"
-home submenu : it would be very nice that you add a title (recent movies, recommended, etc.) because we don't know what this submenu refers to if I choose not to prevent changing widget.

Some issues:
-The options "profile picture" is disabled if the "radio button" is on
-I noticed that if the clearlogo option is on, there is neither clearart nor logo in library (if disabled, the name does not appear). Only the name in theme's font. Did I miss something ?

thank you very much

w2w
(2013-11-09, 07:30)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 07:15)hoopsdavis Wrote: Jurial is there anyway to get rid of the elapsed time in the "Onscreen" info? I like the look but I prefer not to see the large timer.

Thanks in Advance

For Music Vis, delete lines 126-147 from 1080i/MusicVisualisation.xml -- you're looking to delete this part:
Code:
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1350</posx>
                    <posy>805</posy>
                    <width>1500</width>
                    <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Time(mm)]</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1645</posx>
                    <posy>805</posy>
                    <width>1500</width>
                    <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Time(ss)]</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                </control>

For Video, delete lines 1169 - 1226 in DialogSeekBar.xml -- you are looking to delete this part:
Code:
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1318</posx>
                    <posy>757</posy>
                    <width>700</width>
                    <label>•</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                    <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Time(hh),0)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1278</posx>
                    <posy>757</posy>
                    <width>700</width>
                    <label>•</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                    <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Time(hh),1)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1238</posx>
                    <posy>757</posy>
                    <width>700</width>
                    <label>•</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                    <visible>IntegerGreaterThan(VideoPlayer.Time(hh),2)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1365</posx>
                    <posy>805</posy>
                    <width>1500</width>
                    <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time(mm)]</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                </control>
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>1640</posx>
                    <posy>805</posy>
                    <width>1500</width>
                    <label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time(ss)]</label>
                    <align>left</align>
                    <angle>0</angle>
                </control>

Thanks Jurial, here's the results

Great updates, this skin is just wonderful!
(2013-11-09, 19:22)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: (1) media path (it was in X1080 arctic and it is a great info for some as me that have multiple sources on different HDD)
(2) option to unable the diffuse color on homescreen for home backdrops
(3) option to create more custom home menu (only 1 is not enough)
(4) power button (there is one in X1080 arctic) it has a very high WAF. So, in this skin, there no power button and some asked me "how can quit xbmc?"
(5) home submenu : it would be very nice that you add a title (recent movies, recommended, etc.) because we don't know what this submenu refers to if I choose not to prevent changing widget.
(6) The options "profile picture" is disabled if the "radio button" is on
(7) I noticed that if the clearlogo option is on, there is neither clearart nor logo in library (if disabled, the name does not appear). Only the name in theme's font. Did I miss something ?

1. Its already in the information screen, you just need to focus the refresh button and the 'writer' info will be replaced with 'path'

2. It can be done but it wont ever be in the settings. Add the following line to the top of 1080i/Home.xml after <window>
Code:
<onload>Skin.SetBool(home.simple.fade)</onload>

3. All five (movies, tvshows, music, pictures, programs) categories and sub menus can be customised. There isn't enough room to add more when everything is enabled. If you use the submenu on click option then the submenu opens up when clicking a category, so you have 10 custom items per category for a total of 50 custom items overall - I think that is plenty.

4. I will add a power button when I get the chance

5. I assume you are talking about widgets on simple home. I've been planning to do this, just haven't got around to it yet.

6. I'm not sure what you mean? Profile info shows for me when it is enabled.

7. This is how it is supposed to work - when enabled it shows the clearlogo if available, otherwise it falls back to the title in the theme font. If the option is disabled then nothing is shown here. To show clearlogos you must use artwork downloader to scan them to your library.
(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 3. All five (movies, tvshows, music, pictures, programs) categories and sub menus can be customised. There isn't enough room to add more when everything is enabled. If you use the submenu on click option then the submenu opens up when clicking a category, so you have 10 custom items per category for a total of 50 custom items overall - I think that is plenty.

This isn't accurate. I had all standard menus showing except LiveTV (Favourites showing as an icon), and two extra custom home menus (Radio, and TVStreams), so there's room for at least one more, and I think probably two.

If LiveTV and Weather could be customised for something else the way other menus can, it would go a long way to giving the extra customisation some of us need.
Since on one of my htpcs I dont use LiveTV or Weather, I would really like to be able to use those slots (and one more!) for other things I need, without hacking the xml.
(2013-11-10, 03:04)MeMeMe Wrote:
(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 3. All five (movies, tvshows, music, pictures, programs) categories and sub menus can be customised. There isn't enough room to add more when everything is enabled. If you use the submenu on click option then the submenu opens up when clicking a category, so you have 10 custom items per category for a total of 50 custom items overall - I think that is plenty.

This isn't accurate. I had all standard menus showing except LiveTV (Favourites showing as an icon), and two extra custom home menus (Radio, and TVStreams), so there's room for at least one more, and I think probably two.

If LiveTV and Weather could be customised for something else the way other menus can, it would go a long way to giving the extra customisation some of us need.

It is accurate because the label width is variable, so whilst it might look like another could fit this doesn't take into account other languages where the translated strings are often longer -- there needs to be buffer in order to accommodate this because otherwise I just get a bunch of people complaining that everything doesn't fit properly. Also, LiveTV and Weather have special submenus which are different from the others and so cant be customisable currently.

Eventually there will be replaceable with other items but not until I overhaul the whole system in general (plan to have a more gui based interface with the option to use preset items similar to how aeon nox does it and the ability to use any widget for any category, swap items around etc. etc.). I'd rather do it properly from the get go than waste my free time hacking in some extra customisation options and creating a whole mess of code I'm just going to have to rewrite anyway. Its going to be a significantly big job so its not going to happen for a while, especially considering Gotham is coming up soon so I'm going to have to do a bunch of stuff to get the skin ready for that.
I appreciate all the stuff you do, Jurial, and can live with hacking the skin. I didn't mean to come over as entitled and demanding. It's the one feature that I would really like to see, but I know you're the boss. If it comes, great, and if not, I'll still be using your wonderful skin.
(2013-11-10, 05:50)MeMeMe Wrote: I appreciate all the stuff you do, Jurial, and can live with hacking the skin. I didn't mean to come over as entitled and demanding. It's the one feature that I would really like to see, but I know you're the boss. If it comes, great, and if not, I'll still be using your wonderful skin.

Good on ya mate. It's easy to take for granted all the hard work that's done on these skins.

Thanks again Jurial.
Latest update is great, I had 1 bug o report from previously but it's gone Smile so thumbs up to that!

I see someone mentioning buttons, please don't add buttons to this skin, at least without n option to disable.
it's so clean, we have a power button available by pressing "down" on settings, it's hidden, easy to get to, simple and clean.

I think the less buttons the better, like a clean view, and panels home screen is very clean, love film view is super sexy and clean and I'd hate to see buttons everywhere Sad

I still use the medium osd as that is just so beautiful, so please don't ever remove that Smile however it seems the clock is slight off when using that view in music (I think it's called tabbed now) nod the clock looks like its in the incorrect place compared to when displayed watching a movie.

Thanks again,
This is gorgeous!
Quote:
(2013-11-08, 18:27)Ferno Wrote: First of all, this skin is amazing!!!

(1) How can I adjust TV NEXT aired to show on the seasons overview of each show?
(2) How can I use the TV NEXT aired in one of the home widgets like the one called spotlite etc.
(3) How can I add a whole TV show as an favorite? Not an episode but the whole show so I can jump directly to the overview of that show.
(4) Is it possible to jump to an alphabet letter while browsing trhough the media library?
Smile

1. The tv next aired info already shows in the top right of the screen for all levels of the tv library. I'm not sure what you mean by 'seasons overview'? Are you talking about when you press "i" on a season in the library?
2. You can't currently, but this is a good idea which I will look into implementing.
3. Find the tv show in your library and open the context menu ("c" on the keyboard) and select 'add to favourites'
4. If you use a remote it should be setup by default so that you can use the numeric keypad on the remote to jump to that letter in the library. If it doesn't work you will have to search the forums for info about JumpSMS. I'm not sure if it is possible without a remote.

Hi Jurialmonkey,

Thanks for the feedback, not only the skin is great but your support is stellar also, great job!!
(2013-11-09, 19:22)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: (1) media path (it was in X1080 arctic and it is a great info for some as me that have multiple sources on different HDD)
(2) option to unable the diffuse color on homescreen for home backdrops
(3) option to create more custom home menu (only 1 is not enough)
(4) power button (there is one in X1080 arctic) it has a very high WAF. So, in this skin, there no power button and some asked me "how can quit xbmc?"
(5) home submenu : it would be very nice that you add a title (recent movies, recommended, etc.) because we don't know what this submenu refers to if I choose not to prevent changing widget.
(6) The options "profile picture" is disabled if the "radio button" is on
(7) I noticed that if the clearlogo option is on, there is neither clearart nor logo in library (if disabled, the name does not appear). Only the name in theme's font. Did I miss something ?

(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. Its already in the information screen, you just need to focus the refresh button and the 'writer' info will be replaced with 'path'

This is a cool feature. I didn't see. Thanks for the clue.

(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 2. It can be done but it wont ever be in the settings. Add the following line to the top of 1080i/Home.xml after <window>
Code:
<onload>Skin.SetBool(home.simple.fade)</onload>
Nervernmind, I don't want to modify your skin because, the mod will be erased in the next update, am I right ?

I was talking about this because I already customised a category (it became steam Big Picture launcher) and I didn't wanted to mod another category like pictures. So nevermind, I will do this as I can have pictures as a submenu.

(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 4. I will add a power button when I get the chance
Thank you very much.

(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 5. I assume you are talking about widgets on simple home. I've been planning to do this, just haven't got around to it yet.
Absolutly. Hope you get some time soon to do it.

(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 6. I'm not sure what you mean? Profile info shows for me when it is enabled.

If the "show image profile" radio button is green (which means the option is on), there is no profile picture on the homescreen. If the button is white/grey, (which means it is off), the profile picture appears in the home screen.
EDIT: I've just switch to X1080Arctic then back to Arctic and there is no more issue with profile picture. Maybe Did I make a mistake before this.

(2013-11-10, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: 7. This is how it is supposed to work - when enabled it shows the clearlogo if available, otherwise it falls back to the title in the theme font. If the option is disabled then nothing is shown here. To show clearlogos you must use artwork downloader to scan them to your library.

So, it only works with artwork downloader ? All my tvshows have clearart and logo in their own folder and it does not appear while the option is enabled only the title in the theme font. Indeed, if the optioin is disabled, nothing is shown.

Thanks for your answers

w2w
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24