• 5(current)
[Archive] Arctic
I just want to say thanks for the incredible support Jurialmunkey!
It's great to be able to give bug reports or feature requests and get a responce (and often a solution) within a day Smile !

I don't have any remarks at the moment!
Just using the skin, my girlfriend likes it aswell Smile
Quote:Done - check latest git. Actors = submenu tile 7; Years = 8; Studios = 9. Just reset those to default. Also added Saste's 3d icon to extras/icons - that's what you meant right?

Yes Nod, THANKS.
Hi jurialmunkey
First of all Thank You for a quick reply.
So if I understund correctly there's no way to ad a sort of flag in that dialog.
what a pity! It will make a general change of xbmc to have such a thing. By the way I hope that in a future version you can also have the thumb for both the director and the composer of music.
jurialmunkey, is there anyway that the main menu text can be made a little bigger?

It kinda looks too tight on my TV and the contrast its making my eyes sore. Tongue

Keep up the good work
(2013-08-15, 06:41)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-15, 05:50)pentaflake Wrote: On the Sub Menu customs, if you click the path option it will open the chooser (assuming favorites was used) for the path and then open the icon picker dialogue. However your controlled window is the path one leaving you unable to see what you are picking as the icon window was on top. This also occurs with say custom as type it, you can just see the keyboard to type. However as soon as you close the keyboard the icon picker dialogue will show.

I'm running the latest git.
Can you double check that you are running 0.3.2 and not 0.3.1 ('Settings > Appearance' then click on Skin so you can see the version number). Because I'm pretty sure I fixed that problem with icon selection hiding the other dialog (it certainly doesn't happen any more for me). The icon select should only pop-up after you have selected the favourite etc. (it might flash up briefly, but then should be hidden). Does it only happen on specific tiles? (perhaps I just missed something for one or two of them)

I just tested again after updating again it appears to be fixed (only pops up for a second).
(2013-08-16, 20:01)lysin Wrote: jurialmunkey, is there anyway that the main menu text can be made a little bigger?

It kinda looks too tight on my TV and the contrast its making my eyes sore. Tongue

Keep up the good work

I'm sorry but I have to disagree strongly here. One of the things I love about this skin is the font sizing in the main menu. It makes it look sleek. If its hurting your eyes then you're looking at the main screen too long and not watching media!!!!!
(2013-08-16, 10:11)Smobbo Wrote: I just want to say thanks for the incredible support Jurialmunkey!
It's great to be able to give bug reports or feature requests and get a responce (and often a solution) within a day Smile !

I don't have any remarks at the moment!
Just using the skin, my girlfriend likes it aswell Smile
Thanks Blush

(2013-08-16, 20:01)lysin Wrote: jurialmunkey, is there anyway that the main menu text can be made a little bigger?

In skin.arctic/1080i/Fonts.xml towards the bottom (line 440) is an entry
Code:
<font>
    <name>Font-ModHome</name>
    <filename>alaska_black.ttf</filename>
    <size>36</size>
</font>

You can probably get away with having it up to about 48 or 50 as long as the names of your categories aren't too long.

(2013-08-17, 01:32)emptyhead Wrote: I'm sorry but I have to disagree strongly here. One of the things I love about this skin is the font sizing in the main menu. It makes it look sleek. If its hurting your eyes then you're looking at the main screen too long and not watching media!!!!!

Yeah I don't want to change it too much. I'm might change it to 38 which from 36 is a very subtle size up, but I'm not even sure about that really. Its pretty easy for people to change it themselves (one line in Fonts.xml). I might just leave it until I get the Fonts file cleaned up a bit then simply add another font set for bigger fonts all round so people can choose between the two.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
That's the go. While you're there jurial, would it be possible to add an option for current weather on the simple homepage in the opposite corner to the time?

Also Ace automatically brings up lyrics on the OSD. It would be awesome to see this on your skin but somehow incorporating the awesome transparent font that you use for the scrolling text.
Hi Jurial, just noticed that the Music Now Playing OSD no longer shows any info (just fanart). If you switch to the smaller info option it displays as expected. Seems to have happened with the 0.3.2 update.
(2013-08-17, 01:49)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hi Jurial, just noticed that the Music Now Playing OSD no longer shows any info (just fanart). If you switch to the smaller info option it displays as expected. Seems to have happened with the 0.3.2 update.

Confirmed
(2013-08-17, 01:43)emptyhead Wrote: That's the go. While you're there jurial, would it be possible to add an option for current weather on the simple homepage in the opposite corner to the time?

Also Ace automatically brings up lyrics on the OSD. It would be awesome to see this on your skin but somehow incorporating the awesome transparent font that you use for the scrolling text.
That's where the profile info goes. However, in the latest upload to git I changed it so that the profile sub-label shows weather specific info when weather is highlighted. Just make sure "Show profile image" is turned on in "Skin Settings > Home". When I have time I'll add an option to show the weather instead of the profile image.

I'll have a look into having an option for the lyrics to come on automatically.

I'm not sure if its possible but I do like the idea of having an option to have the lyrics as the scrolling text if they are available.

(2013-08-17, 02:39)ferent Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 01:49)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hi Jurial, just noticed that the Music Now Playing OSD no longer shows any info (just fanart). If you switch to the smaller info option it displays as expected. Seems to have happened with the 0.3.2 update.
Confirmed
Sorry about that guys, should be fixed now. I was messing around with a few things and somehow accidentally deleted the whole chunk of code.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks, fixed. Appreciate the quick turnaround!
On the Dark Theme, the Profile Name and Count text next to the Profile Icon is white text on white background. Updated from git just before this post.
(2013-08-17, 06:26)pentaflake Wrote: On the Dark Theme, the Profile Name and Count text next to the Profile Icon is white text on white background. Updated from git just before this post.

i use the dark theme, and the background is grey, so the white text is readable. did you change the background picture or settings?
Hi jurialmunkey

regarding the flickering mentioned, I have made a little video to show you the issue -> http://youtu.be/2bGIO4c7lpU

it appears on the left or at the bottom after some minutes during the browsing in the skin, it seems that
there is another image in background.

I use HDMI and the version is 0.3.0.
Antec Fusion - A6 5400k / Ati HD7540 - Kodi Isengard
ASRock Beebox n3150 - Kodi Jarvis
Oled 55E6V - Onkyo nr809 - B&W 5.1 - Harmony One
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24