• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
This works good, however when I close the window on Windows 7 it doesn't switch back to XBMC. XBMC is still open but it's remains minimized. Also would it be possible to make kiosk mode optional? I would like to toggle fullscreen for access to the awesome bar/address bar.

Thank you so much for an awesome addon

Angel
(2013-11-19, 15:56)MrsAngelD Wrote: This works good, however when I close the window on Windows 7 it doesn't switch back to XBMC. XBMC is still open but it's remains minimized.
Go to "System->System->Video output" and activate "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". It should then work.

(2013-11-19, 15:56)MrsAngelD Wrote: Also would it be possible to make kiosk mode optional? I would like to toggle fullscreen for access to the awesome bar/address bar.
Will add a setting for that...
(2013-11-22, 02:41)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 15:56)MrsAngelD Wrote: This works good, however when I close the window on Windows 7 it doesn't switch back to XBMC. XBMC is still open but it's remains minimized.
Go to "System->System->Video output" and activate "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". It should then work.

(2013-11-19, 15:56)MrsAngelD Wrote: Also would it be possible to make kiosk mode optional? I would like to toggle fullscreen for access to the awesome bar/address bar.
Will add a setting for that...

Thank you Big Grin
Loving it! just what i was looking for, just one thing is it possible to have the address bar displayed too just for general web browsing?
(2013-11-25, 05:23)pigeon_strike Wrote: Loving it! just what i was looking for, just one thing is it possible to have the address bar displayed too just for general web browsing?
Will add a setting for that in the next version...
Any chance of making this compatible with the newest Gotham Alpha 10 Nightly? I installed the XBMC nightly from today and Chrome Launcher shows as incompatible in your repo.
(2013-11-27, 21:15)jmedemar Wrote: Any chance of making this compatible with the newest Gotham Alpha 10 Nightly? I installed the XBMC nightly from today and Chrome Launcher shows as incompatible in your repo.
Sure. I'll change it.
That's a really great add-on ! Thanks for your time. I'm using it on a touch screen, but I have to get back my wireless keyboard to exit from. Would it be possible to add something like an optionnal exit button on a corner that appears for some seconds when the screen is touched (i.e. mouse is moved) ?
v1.0.6:
- Added setting to launch chrome without kiosk mode

(2013-12-02, 03:53)grimy55 Wrote: That's a really great add-on ! Thanks for your time. I'm using it on a touch screen, but I have to get back my wireless keyboard to exit from. Would it be possible to add something like an optionnal exit button on a corner that appears for some seconds when the screen is touched (i.e. mouse is moved) ?
The addon just starts chrome, so i cannot implement anything like that. Sorry.
I now added a setting to not use kiosk mode, so you will see the default close button...
Hi tried to install this add on, nothing is showing. Did a force refresh, nothing is there
(2013-12-09, 00:45)airflite40 Wrote: Hi tried to install this add on, nothing is showing. Did a force refresh, nothing is there
Force refresh again until the addons show up.
I hope this gets fixed with 12.3 - people asking me this nearly every day... Wink
Thanks got it to work! Any way to remove the two websites that come with the add on?

Also, this may be a more general question but does anyone know if it is possible to control video that is played back through this add on with my remote keys?

Great work by the way, works very very well!
(2013-12-10, 06:35)airflite40 Wrote: Any way to remove the two websites that come with the add on?
Remove line 68+69 from default.py...

(2013-12-10, 06:35)airflite40 Wrote: Also, this may be a more general question but does anyone know if it is possible to control video that is played back through this add on with my remote keys?
This depends on the website. Some flash/silverlight/html5/whatever players are controllable via hotkeys - some not.
I'm trying to get this to work (for NetfliXMBC) on OSX 10.7.5. When a full screen Chrome is launched, it opens a new desktop which OSX automatically shifts to. However the video plays in the original desktop, so all I see a grey patterned background screen (like you see when first logging into OSX). So then I have to switch the desktop back over to see the video and then Force Close the Chrome app to get back to XBMC.

Does anyone have any experience getting it to work more efficiently on Lion? Any help is appreciated!
(2013-12-20, 02:44)SuperFuzz Wrote: I'm trying to get this to work (for NetfliXMBC) on OSX 10.7.5. When a full screen Chrome is launched, it opens a new desktop which OSX automatically shifts to. However the video plays in the original desktop, so all I see a grey patterned background screen (like you see when first logging into OSX). So then I have to switch the desktop back over to see the video and then Force Close the Chrome app to get back to XBMC.

Does anyone have any experience getting it to work more efficiently on Lion? Any help is appreciated!
Sorry, i don't really use OSX. Only did a quick test. Maybe you can turn off this fullscreen behavior system wide in OSX.
I also added support for Safari in NetfliXBMC. You can try that, but i guess it would be the same (but Safari has no real fullscreen).

I only tested NetfliXBMC on OSX 10.8 - and i did not noticed this grey screen problem.
Or maybe it's also related to the Chrome version...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8