• 32(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
LazyTV seems to miss one of my TVShows in its list. It is the only TVShow which is on a different location of the hdd and it are *.strm files. However they are added to my library and show up under my TVShows correctly.
(2014-10-29, 17:33)Nedle Wrote: LazyTV seems to miss one of my TVShows in its list. It is the only TVShow which is on a different location of the hdd and it are *.strm files. However they are added to my library and show up under my TVShows correctly.

.strm files are difficult to accommodate, but they should work. At least, they worked for one source that I had tested. If you post the log file there might be more info to help diagnose the problem.

(2014-10-29, 17:32)tenchu98 Wrote: OK, so I created 3 clones, changed their icons, and zipped them. When I install them on my Android box, 2 of them work fine but one gives me a failed message about service.py.

Can you post the log file?It will give more details about the error.
I'm getting a script error, I've attached my log file here
(2014-10-29, 23:27)macrho Wrote: I'm getting a script error, I've attached my log file here

Sorry, if you got that from github then it is the next version which is a work-in-progress.

I keep meaning to roll it back to the original and branch it properly, but havent gotten around to it yet.

Best to use the one from the xbmc repo, but if you need to install from zip then use this one here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...0.9.93.zip
I've changed the default branch on Github to be Legacy.
Love this addon. I have multiple channels in PseudoTV which sprinkle in episodes from the LiveTV smart playlist every couple of episodes, that way those shows only ever show up with the earliest episode I haven't seen and all the other shows work like normal (being shows I don't care are viewed out of order).
I'm on the 0.9.9.93 version of LazyTV now, one thing I cannot figure out is how to show shows that I'm actively watching.
Right now, it's showing all shows, even those of which I've never watched an episode
Its an option on the Random Player page of the Settings that says "Include episodes from unwatched TV series".

It only applies to the Random Player and not the display on screen. The display onscreen can be ordered by last watched so that the unwatched series would be at the bottom.

You could restrict the display to only show in progress TV Shows by creating a Smart Playlist with the condition In Progress = True, and then use that playlist as a show filter for LazyTV (set Filter by playlist = True and select a playlist on the first page of the Settings).
I figured out my lazytv issue, seems there was some naming issue with the cloned one. I recreated it, and now everything is working fine.
I'll try the smart playlist again, was having trouble with it last night.
I do notice that each time i go into LazyTV it takes about 10 seconds or more to show all the episodes.
I have a MariaDB instance so that I can share everything across all Kodi instances -- is there some performance tweaking that could be done (perhaps indexes on some tables)?
Check your slowlog and you could answer that yourself!
Ahh, an ever helpful post from Team-Kodi!
No luck on speeding it up, it takes between 7 to 10 seconds to display the listing of shows
I do have a large library: 351 shows along with 16,073 episodes
(2014-11-01, 18:19)macrho Wrote: No luck on speeding it up, it takes between 7 to 10 seconds to display the listing of shows
I do have a large library: 351 shows along with 16,073 episodes

That is a lot of shows that it has to grab the art and info for and LazyTV display doesn't handle pagination

I can think of a few suggestions:
1) clone LazyTV and set each clone to only display shows of a particular genre or type or watched status
2) use a playlist limited to 50 items and order them randomly so different shows display at different times
3) use the option in LazyTV to "Limit the Number of Shows", which can be found in the List Options tab in the Settings. This will restrict the list to only the top 30 shows in the list (I can tell you how to extend that to 100 if you like)
4) change the display to Standard in the Settings (though this may not help much)
(2014-10-29, 22:52)Karnagious Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 17:33)Nedle Wrote: LazyTV seems to miss one of my TVShows in its list. It is the only TVShow which is on a different location of the hdd and it are *.strm files. However they are added to my library and show up under my TVShows correctly.

.strm files are difficult to accommodate, but they should work. At least, they worked for one source that I had tested. If you post the log file there might be more info to help diagnose the problem.

Didn't respond as it seemed to be fixed when I reinstalled XBMC because of some different problems. However I was having issues again now, it seems to happen when a series is stored in different locations. I'm done watching the .strm files and I have the latest season stored in a different location on my hdd, as *.mkvs. LazyTV was working fine when I was still watching the streams but now that I am done watching those it won't give me the next episode of the locally stored files.

I also have disabled the option to display unwatched show in LazyTV, however it is still showing my S01E01 of The Killing.. I may have opened it for a second to test if it works and then closed, but it doesn't show up as in progress. Tried to fix it by marking it as watched and unwatched again but also didn't help..
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4