• 7(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
The Master branch should work for you now, but if you want the Testing version (which I make changes too very often Smile ) then find the button about a quarter down the page on the left that says "Branch: Master", click it and change to "Testing". Then on the right hand side there is a button labelled "Download Zip".

You will need to uninstall the existing LazyTV version before installing the new one.
(2014-01-15, 01:10)Karnagious Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 00:07)john6555 Wrote: P.S. So far I haven't been able to get the beta version working on Ace or any other skin including Confluence.

Are you still getting that exact same error?

I believe it would occur if the property LazyTV.nepl was empty, and the way that would occur is if the service didnt add/process any TV shows.

Do you also get the error with the Testing version?

Actually I get a slightly different error with the Testing branch (see below). If there is anything I can do to help test/debug do let me know!

Code:
17:55:47 T:7880  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:55:47 T:7880  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:55:47 T:7880  NOTICE: script.lazytvaddon : 0.001 :: 0.001 :::      entered
17:55:48 T:7880   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.lazytv\default.py", line 558, in <module>
                                                create_next_episode_list(selected_pl)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.lazytv\default.py", line 440, in create_next_episode_list
                                                process_stored(selected_pl)
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.lazytv\default.py", line 331, in process_stored
                                                nepl = get_TVshows()
                                              File "C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.lazytv\default.py", line 318, in get_TVshows
                                                nepl_stored = [int(x) for x in WINDOW.getProperty("LazyTV.nepl").replace("[","").replace("]","").replace(" ","").split(",")]
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
I just did the master branch and removed the old one.. re-added, which went ok and got an error (which I think is the same) -- granted the issue may be the interface between the chair and the keyboard.. but I appreciate this immensely

Code:
19:05:02 T:3068  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:05:02 T:3068  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:05:02 T:3068  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:05:02 T:3068   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 10
19:05:02 T:3068   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Non-Existent Control 10
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mac\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.lazytv-master\default.py", line 48, in <module>
                                                cancel_button = prog_window.getControl(10)
                                            RuntimeError: Non-Existent Control 10
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Does XBMC store a cached version?

Anyway, maybe the best thing would be to replace the default.py file itself.

Take this one and overwrite the existing one in the LazyTV folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rps1la4557n4hp/default.py
I did that and it's working perfectly -- thank you!
happy to contribute - how can i?
I just appreciate people using the addon and helping with debugging. Smile

If you are so inclined, drop a little the way of XBMC, http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/
I'll continue helping and will donate to XBMC then
donated but not on the wall Sad but that's ok
(2014-01-15, 03:31)macrho Wrote: donated but not on the wall Sad but that's ok

Not sure why that is.

I will raise the issue, as it can be a bit awkward for the donor to do it Big Grin
(2014-01-15, 03:31)macrho Wrote: donated but not on the wall Sad but that's ok

I think it only updates once or twice a day so as not to flood PayPal - your donation is showing on it now and will be for a few days Smile
Thanks for donating!
Today I restarted my PC and now the Testing version works! I noticed a message at the top of the screen that said the LazyTV service has successfully started. Not sure why it didn't start right away on installation, but it looks to be working now. Smile
Cool.

The Testing version has a lot of data dumped to the XBMC log, which may cause issues after a while. I have added a Logging setting to Testing version which is off by default.

You may want to update to this version to avoid bloating the log after prolonged use.
Thanks. I have switched back to the version in the XBMC repo for now so I will continue to get updates when they're pushed out to XBMC.

I did notice all the versions on Github have the service integrated, yet the XBMC repo one does not. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you wanted the Master branch to be mirrored in the XBMC repo.
Any updates? I'd love to see the streaming option to work..
Just found this addon today and tried it. It works, I think (didn't watch anything, just flipped through to see what it would come up with).
I have smartplaylists that do something of the same function, but your add on seems to offer more. I especially like the only add one episode function, useful when one show has a few episodes and another has hundreds.

I have a few questions and possibly a few suggestions for changes/additions:

Questions:
1. I found this by searching out adding .strm files to a smartplaylist. I see this addon does this, but I don't see how to do this, even if it's buggy. How do you do this?
2. Someone mentioned different profiles, how do you do this? Can you add those profiles to XBMC's home screen favs?

Suggestions:
1. Add more then 20 episodes to the list, if desired. I know it may increase load time, but when using this to "surf" the library (instead of watching each show generated) 20 episodes is kinda' low. I set my playlists at 50 episodes or higher, ensuring we have more than enough to choose from without reloading.
2. An option to add unwatched movies. I know that movies can not be added to a smartplaylist, so it would be awesome to have something that would do just that, even if it was only through a combination of smartplaylists. This would bring the TV like experience even closer.

Other then that, Nice Work. Have to install this on my main system and give it a good try.

PS running Windows all around. Sorry, no help on trying different platforms.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4