• 10(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Okay. tried it last night. (Am I the only one testing this now?)

Ran into a couple of problems:

I tried picking shows from within the program (I accidentally deleted the playlist I made for LazyTV). First I picked what shows to include, then I picked what shows to randomize. Ran the addon and it crashed. Thinking I may have had the same show on both lists, I went back and removed one or two from the random list, tried it again, and it crashed again.

So, I tried the smartplaylist thing instead (PS, why does it pick playlists using the method it does. I read on the forums all the time how users {mostly new} don't know how to find whatever XBMC related file they need {especially Android [I had trouble on my wife's tablet], Apple TV , and Ouya users, RPi too}. Why not choose from the normal list in XBMC?). Smartplaylist worked like a charm. Did exactly what I hoped it would. Both the random episode and the movie parts worked well. Very cool.

Then installed it on our main PC for that night's viewing, using the smartplaylist. Didn't work. Played around with the settings. Tried it again, Didn't work. Eventually deleted all the LazyTV folders I could find and reinstalled it (had to restart the service). After all that it worked. I was very impressed (my wife liked it too, we got to see something we haven't watched for a while.)

This morning I thought I'd try picking shows form within the addon again, only without adding random shows. Picked a list of shows and ran the addon.. It crashed. Deleted all folders again and reinstalled the addon. Picked a list of shows and ran the addon. It worked, but not one show played, only blank screens as it loaded (I think) but did not play one episode.

I have 2 logs. I don't think they included everything. One is from the first crash, and the other is from this morning. I don't know how to post them since I removed them from XBMC's folder because I planned on doing more playing around and didn't want to clutter the logs. I will post them or send them too you if you want.

Just remembered, I tried it with live streaming .strm files and it worked. My files are properly identified and contain both .NFOs and .TBNs and display in my library, so I don't know how it would work with other .strm files that are not set up like that, but it works well with the ones I have.

I like this addon very much, It may become the one I use to watch most of my TV shows. That's why I have so much to say. And that's why I have another suggestion: Since it can clone episodes, allowing for different names, why not allow for seperate icons for the cloned versions. That way the home screen will not be full of the same icon if you make many clones. I can do it by changing the GUIsettings, but others may not know how.
I am running Frodo with Ace skin. With the XBMC repo version I was able to see the episode title, but since upgrading to the beta branch the episode titles don't appear. Is this skin-specific, and can it be adjusted to work with Ace?
Cheers!

Thanks blasty, the logs would be very useful if you want to put them on pastebin and pm me the link?

- No idea why crashes would happen except that it gets stuck in a loop, and I am not sure how that would happen either.
- The playlist selection window is supposed to open in the playlist folder, but I cant get the standard way to work, so have now put in a workaround
- You can change the icon for the clone by replacing the icon.png file in the clones folder. XBMC icons have to be 256x256. I'm not a designer and the simple logo LazyTV currently has is about the best I can do Smile. If I had a bunch of different logo's I would be able to create a selection window so the user could pick one when the clone is created. If anyone comes up with some I will be happy to add them in.

john6555, could you describe the issue a bit more? Were you looking for the Episode name in addition to the TV Show name as a secondary title? Or as a replacement?
(2014-02-28, 00:07)Karnagious Wrote: john6555, could you describe the issue a bit more? Were you looking for the Episode name in addition to the TV Show name as a secondary title? Or as a replacement?

Current behavior
Clicking the show title plays the next unplayed episode (without knowing what episode it is)

Expected behavior
What would make more sense (to me anyway!) is to show a list of episodes (e.g. "King of the Hill - 6x18. My Own Private Rodeo") so I know what episode is going to play, similar to XBMC episode playlists.

Cheers!
The current Beta version does add the Sx0E to the TV Show name. But I didnt put the name on because of limited on screen real estate for many skins. Maybe you have a slightly earlier one?
Oops - I did install the latest beta zip from Github earlier today but forgot to manually extract and replace the files - now I see the S00E00 you are talking about.

For me, it makes sense to have the episode name too (again, I prefer default XBMC episode playlist style like "King of the Hill - 6x18. My Own Private Rodeo") even if it runs off the screen for longer titles. Maybe there is a way to make that a configurable option?

Otherwise if you think it's too niche a request, maybe you could point me in the direction of the code I could change?
(2014-02-28, 03:57)john6555 Wrote: For me, it makes sense to have the episode name too (again, I prefer default XBMC episode playlist style like "King of the Hill - 6x18. My Own Private Rodeo") even if it runs off the screen for longer titles. Maybe there is a way to make that a configurable option?

Yeah, I will put it in as an option.

I might as well have multiple options for display:
TV Show Sx0E
TV Show Sx0E Episode
Sx0E Episode
Will this app allow me to download the watched tv show to its respected tv show folder or custom folder if I have a slow internet connection and cant watch on the go?
No. The addon merely plays what is already in your library.
Karnagious: check your in box.

Since that, everything seems fine now.

Will try more...

Tried some more. Managed to make my own clone and got it running. Tried deleting all folders and reinstalling the testing version. Started it without changing anything. It asked to start the service, started it and XBMC froze again. I don't think it's starting the service correctly. I bet the log is similar to my last (check your PM) but will post if necessary. Cann't do more now, gotta' go. Try tomorrow.
How do I create a clone with this new build and what is "Backfill Watched Status Script"?
Hi T800, it is under Other Settings. You simply click on 'Clone LazyTV Now', choose a name for the clone, and thats it. The clone will be created, but XBMC may need a restart to recognise it.

You have an old version installed, not the Beta branch. You probably got the Master branch, which is the same as the current official repo version.
I created two clones fine. Both appear in the add-ons folder. XBMC doesn't recognize them even after two restarts. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Is there anything in the folders?
Nevermind, they were there, I was looking for LazyTV-New etc not just the name of the clone.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4