• 13(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
hi, i wonder if you could add a feature back in that has changed in the latest update.
i used to us the 'shows to exclude' feature but this has now changed to 'shows to include'.
i preferred the shows to exclude because if i add new series to my HTPC they will automatically be included in the lazyTV playlist, now each show will have to be added.

thanks for all your work. this is a great plug-in
(2014-03-31, 01:43)Karnagious Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 14:03)rterblanche Wrote: Would be nice if I can export/copy the unwatched episode to an device (media player, folder, usb device) to take the unwatched stuff on the road.

I am looking to incorporate a Context Menu with various options, so this might find its way in there.

Thanks. That would help me a lot.
Thank you.

One reason I changed it to 'Shows to include' is that we were using the 'Shows to exclude' option on the previous version at my home. It was supposed to play random shows for my son. More than once we would add a new show and have it show up in his list because we forgot to exclude it, which is not good.

It wasnt much of a problem because we set the rating to only be G, but if other users didnt have that foresight then it could be a real problem. Especially as the new version doesnt have the Rating exclusion list. Think SpongeBob and Blues Clues followed by Game of Thrones Smile. Switching to an inclusion list made it safer for families.

Note: I forgot to mention above that the first time you use the new version, the exclusion list should be converted to an inclusion list.

I would suggest the best way to get an Exclusion list right now would be creating a TV Show Smart Playlist and have the rule be Title - Does Not Contain - <your list of excluded TV shows>. You can then set LazyTV to filter by Smart Playlist and set your new playlist that as the default.
Thanks! It is nice to get feedback Big Grin
Potentially a useful add-on, watched a TV episode the other day, but the next episode notice was a bit too quick to click ok, (I needed to read it before I clicked Smile I'm using the Transparency! skin and noticed the search function has a full page window, any chance LazyTV might display like this?

Thanks, I have only just started learning about skinning, but I do want to make the addon look better and to give options.

Is that ronie's global search addon?

On the quick pop-up thing, you can change the timing of it in the Settings.
Yes it's Ronies search, your add-on would look so much better with a full screen of chocolate bars to pick from, but then to choose isn't so lazy Smile Nice add-on, don't stop here.
Thanks for this very usefull addon, I use it every day!
Thanks! It is really nice to hear people are using it!
Going to test this out tonight. It'll be tremendous if it works (I bet it does ;-) ). Will save me and the missus loads of time!! Well done.
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
The program starts with XBMC, anyway of either belaying the start-up or allowing start on icon enable? (I don't mind the delay loading up, I hate carrying bulk around if I'm not going to use it) I've also noticed after tv watching the 'next' choice is given even if the original TV show was not initiated in LazyTV, although this is not really an issue for me, it might be the source of some conflict.
(2014-04-17, 14:23)liquidtoon Wrote: Going to test this out tonight. It'll be tremendous if it works (I bet it does ;-) ). Will save me and the missus loads of time!! Well done.

If it doesnt, let me know. I need to update the repository version with foreign languages anyway, so a fix could be pushed out relatively quickly.

(2014-04-17, 18:20)PatK Wrote: The program starts with XBMC, anyway of either belaying the start-up or allowing start on icon enable? (I don't mind the delay loading up, I hate carrying bulk around if I'm not going to use it) I've also noticed after tv watching the 'next' choice is given even if the original TV show was not initiated in LazyTV, although this is not really an issue for me, it might be the source of some conflict.

Hi PatK,

You can turn off the auto-start if you edit the addon.xml and remove this line <extension point="xbmc.service" library="service.py" start="startup"></extension> .

That means it wont start on startup, but if you click the icon it will tell you that the service isnt running and asks if you want to start it. Then you just have to wait for the notification to say that it is finished indexing.

The other "next choice" solution worked across everything, so at least this implementation is consistent with that. I did think about adding an option in the Settings to restrict it to only videos launched with LazyTV, but decided to add a "Play series from here onwards" option to a context menu in a future release instead.
Actually, dont delete that line. After looking at the code again, that wont work as I thought it would.
Many thanks for your response, this is a great addition to XBMC, I would have liked it better as an optional feature, you know how some 3rd party add-ons get in the way of primary code sometimes. Restricting the "next choice" to LazyTV would ensure a bit more confidence that the code is isolated and allow the option of everywhere would be icing on the cake so-to-speak.

Keep up the good work, this add-on could turn into something pretty big if it get's Lazy enough.
Hey

I was hoping for a update on this post from the old thread about the ordering of the list.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1653606

Thanks
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4