• 15(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Another +1 for this add on. makes it so simple for the Wife! She's not interested in the pretty metadata and finding the next epsiode, she just wants to turn the TV on and start watching it! Added LazyTV to my home menu (amber skin on the pi) and it's been the most used menu item over the weekend. Thanks very much. The only thing I wondered (being a metadata lover) was whether it could coded to grab perhaps the episode metadata picture/episode information when the list is produced. I know nothing about coding, the difficulty of this and whether it's something you would be interested in? I guess it wouldn't be LazyTV anymore!
Thanks kiffmoore. The list should be showing the tv show thumbnail at the moment, but thats about all I could achieve with my current skill set.

I do want to skin the addon to make it more attractive etc, but that is a different/steeper learning curve, and I am still working on it.
I have added another function to the addon.

There is now an option in the Settings (page 4) that will copy the "next episodes" of the 10 most recently TV shows to a folder you specify.

This will eventually move to the planned Context menu, but I figured I would add the function for those of you looking to copy some shows "for the road" right now.
(2014-04-28, 16:04)Karnagious Wrote: I have added another function to the addon.

There is now an option in the Settings (page 4) that will copy the "next episodes" of the 10 most recently TV shows to a folder you specify.

This will eventually move to the planned Context menu, but I figured I would add the function for those of you looking to copy some shows "for the road" right now.

Awesome idea!
Indeed it does. Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to seeing where this heads over time! Keep up the good work
(2014-04-28, 01:48)Karnagious Wrote: The LazyTV smart playlist has an episode from every TV show. It does not apply the filtering from the Settings.

If you have another smart playlist that only includes 'Comedy' then you can apply a LazyTV filter to that playlist by adding a rule "Playlist is LazyTV".

Then you will only get the episodes that are Comedy AND in the LazyTV playlist.

OK, That's actually way more better.
Looks like it's working fine now but I still can't get it to do what I was hoping to get in PseudoTV.
For some reason PseudoTV will only populate the channel with only 2 episodes instead all the episodes in the playlist.
But when I check the playlist itself it looks good so I'm guessing it a problem with PseudoTV and no LazyTV.

I do think there is a bug with LazyTV though, After start playing an episode the playlist will automatically change the current playing episode to the next un-watched even if you stop it after a second and did not finish it.
Only after restating XBMC LazyTV will re-create the playlist and the first episode will be back there.

Also a request:
Maybe it will be good option to let the user force LazyTV to run and create playlist instead of exiting XBMC.
The smart playlist function does need a restart to take effect, but from then on it should be updating along with everything else in the service.

If you are having problems with the playlist, then switch on debug logging in the Settings and repeat the issue. That will help diagnose the problem.
(2014-04-28, 22:41)psike Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 01:48)Karnagious Wrote: The LazyTV smart playlist has an episode from every TV show. It does not apply the filtering from the Settings.

If you have another smart playlist that only includes 'Comedy' then you can apply a LazyTV filter to that playlist by adding a rule "Playlist is LazyTV".

Then you will only get the episodes that are Comedy AND in the LazyTV playlist.

OK, That's actually way more better.
Looks like it's working fine now but I still can't get it to do what I was hoping to get in PseudoTV.
For some reason PseudoTV will only populate the channel with only 2 episodes instead all the episodes in the playlist.
But when I check the playlist itself it looks good so I'm guessing it a problem with PseudoTV and no LazyTV.

I do think there is a bug with LazyTV though, After start playing an episode the playlist will automatically change the current playing episode to the next un-watched even if you stop it after a second and did not finish it.
Only after restating XBMC LazyTV will re-create the playlist and the first episode will be back there.

Also a request:
Maybe it will be good option to let the user force LazyTV to run and create playlist instead of exiting XBMC.

When you say PseudoTV are you referring to the original or Live?

@Karnagious, I Like the improvements since early beta... Very cool!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz:
PseudoTV Live.

@Karnagious
Thanks for the replay, I'll try to debug this thing later today.
FYI, I have updated the wiki page with more details on the LazyTV Settings. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:LazyTV

(2014-04-29, 01:54)Lunatixz Wrote: @Karnagious, I Like the improvements since early beta... Very cool!

Hey thanks Lunatixz! Still marching towards that magical 1.0!
(2014-04-28, 17:10)john6555 Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 16:04)Karnagious Wrote: I have added another function to the addon.

Awesome idea!

Yeah, it wasn't mine though!

FYI all, I have created the LazyTV wiki page that should help explain the Settings a bit better. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:LazyTV
So this is the scenario:
Start playing an item from LazyTV using the random playlist item or choosing from the list.
Immediately after the episode start I stooped the playback (In this case 'covert.affairs.s02e07').
Once i get back to the playlist it already shows the next episode (covert.affairs.s02e08).

I think you can see in the log that the list was updated right after start playing the episode, even before showing the 'Now Playing' notification.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/zLTcU2aW
Ah, I see the problem now. Thanks for the logs.

I have added a fix and updated the master branch on Github if you want to try again.
I installed the zip from github again after deleting old version and it's userdata folder.
Still same problem.
Sorry, there was a typo that occurred between testing and committing.

Try it now.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4