• 16(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Still not fixed.
Here is the new log: http://pastebin.com/c4EgQr1g
Did you restart the service? Any changes to the service need a restart to take effect as XBMC only read the code when it is launched.
Of course.
Like last time I tried even deleting the entire addon and it's folder, including addondata.
Also tried to download it again just know.
Version is still 0.9.5 and nothing was fixed.
Ah, I think I have found how the episodes are sneaking through. Fixing it now.
http://pastebin.com/vaDsnFfC
48KB
That is still the old file.

0.9.6 is on Github now, with an additional barrier to early updates.
OK, I think I just found a bug in XBMC.
Whenever i tried to install the addon from zip file it installing the old version.
Only after changing the the zip file name it installed the correct version.

Now it's fixed Smile
Thank you.
I think XBMC might cache a version of the zip file. Probably a feature rather than a bug.
I've noticed something interesting when a series has some episodes marked as watched that are in the middle of the series. Here's an example, I have all five seasons of Daria, I've seen SOME episodes in Seasons 1, 2, and 3, so I marked those episodes as watched but there are still other episodes in Season 1, 2, and 3 marked unwatched. LazyTV seems to look up the LAST (Last in terms of series ordering) episode marked as watched, and add what ever comes after that. So there are episodes in Season 1, 2, and 3 it won't add to a playlist, while it added late season 3 episodes and now season 4 episodes.
Hi DJ, thats how it is supposed to work.

If you want to have a specific show be shown out of order, then set it to Random on the first page of the Settings (Select random-order shows).
(2014-05-04, 02:51)Karnagious Wrote: Hi DJ, thats how it is supposed to work.

If you want to have a specific show be shown out of order, then set it to Random on the first page of the Settings (Select random-order shows).

But what if I want to watch the show, in order, minus the episodes that are watched? Smile
Can you describe a use-case? Just trying to think of a type of TV show you want to watch in chronological order that you have already watched out of order AND you dont want to rewatch those episodes.

I can add that as an option, it should be easy enough. But if you do want that across all your TV shows then you can just set up a smart playlist that does it.

One of the features I want to have in the context menu is to switch the TV show from Lazy Play to Random Play (and now I suppose I need to add Izumi Play as well).
Well, I mean, if a series has some random episodes marked watched, but the series currently isn't selected for 'Random Play' in LazyTV, wouldn't it make sense for LazyTV to thusly use the OLDEST unwatched episodes, rather than whatever episodes follow the last watched episode?

In another example, I have a two season anime, I've watched the second season a few years ago but never watched the first season. Since season 2 is marked as watched, LazyTV will ignore Season 1 unless I set it to 'random' but if I do that, LazyTV will play Season 1 entirely in random order which is no good.
(2014-05-04, 06:46)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Well, I mean, if a series has some random episodes marked watched, but the series currently isn't selected for 'Random Play' in LazyTV, wouldn't it make sense for LazyTV to thusly use the OLDEST unwatched episodes, rather than whatever episodes follow the last watched episode?

In another example, I have a two season anime, I've watched the second season a few years ago but never watched the first season. Since season 2 is marked as watched, LazyTV will ignore Season 1 unless I set it to 'random' but if I do that, LazyTV will play Season 1 entirely in random order which is no good.

I reckon if you have watched S03E05 of a tv show then it is much more likely you are interested in S03E06 than in S01E01.

Either it doesnt matter if the shows are watched in order, or it does matter. If it does matter, then it is unlikely you want to watch an episode before one you have already watched. I can see some 'edge case' where you would, but it is not the most likely scenario.

Actually there was something I was working on before that might be relevant: if the last episode of a TV show is watched then LazyTV would start playing unwatched episodes from the start of the series.

That would cover the anime scenario you are talking about, but it would probably have to be an opt-in option that affects all TV Shows rather than the default behaviour.
Another example would be specials/TV movies. If someone watched a special, chronologically ahead of other episodes, LazyTV would only play anything after the special. And it's often those specials that get people into a show and wanting to binge the rest of the series from start to finish.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4