• 28(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Are you running XBMC Gotham? The manual updates should be picked automatically in Gotham.

Otherwise, LazyTV updates the full list when the library is updated.
Yes I am running gotham. If I set an episode as watched outside lazytv then go in in lazytv, the next episode stays as it was before. Right clicking and selecting refresh list or update library does not change anything.

I will test more and replicate it to give you the scenario but basically what I just described unless I made some stupid mistake.
I just tested that on my version and it does work for me. Manually setting a show as watched changed what was shown in the window when it reopened.

On my raspberry pi is did take a while to properly process though. About 20 seconds.

(I have also picked up another bug which prevented the window from reopening on a refresh. So that is fixed now too.)
(2014-07-27, 16:35)Karnagious Wrote: I just tested that on my version and it does work for me. Manually setting a show as watched changed what was shown in the window when it reopened.

On my raspberry pi is did take a while to properly process though. About 20 seconds.

(I have also picked up another bug which prevented the window from reopening on a refresh. So that is fixed now too.)
Yep I noticed that bug too. So now do I have to manually refresh, or does it work automatically?
The refresh is just of the window itself. Exiting and reloading does the same thing.
Ok I tested it again. If I set an episode watched and go in it works as expected.

If I am at some episode, I go to library and set the previous episode unwatched, if I go in I have to "update library" in order for the add on to go back one episode.
Ah yes, making a show unwatched is not supported, but does get picked up on the full library update.
(2014-07-28, 01:02)Karnagious Wrote: Ah yes, making a show unwatched is not supported, but does get picked up on the full library update.
Good to know. Cheers.
(2014-07-15, 09:44)Karnagious Wrote: The addon only looks for shows you havent watched. So it wouldnt work for your example.

If you were fine watching unwatched shows then I think you could get that functionality by going into the Settings, and set the random player length to 1 episode. Then go to the extra settings tab and elect to be notified if the next unwatched show is available in your library. You could then hop from episode to episode as you watch them.

I want to elaborate on this answer. first question I noticed that notification for next available episode only works in list mode and not in randomized playlist mode. Is this correct? Therefore I have to select the show in the list first and then it will jump from one episode to the other (which I am doing right now)

Does it prompt for next episode in the first primary function mode when playlist is finished? I am asking since you said set the number of episodes to 1 so I'm assuming you are using the randomized playlist mode.
Ok I realized that when I play one file or the player has a 1 episode playlist it works fine. If I put more than one episode in the settings the notification does not show.
That's as it was designed.

I didnt want the notification to ever be annoying. I figured, if you were playing things in a playlist, that would mean you have already decided what to watch next. Even if it was a random list, you still chose to play something random.

If the randomised list is only 1 episode, then it knows you dont have anything else to watch after it, so it will show the notification. (This doesnt work for the last episode in a larger play list, because there is no way to know where you started in the playlist.)
(2014-08-03, 01:52)Karnagious Wrote: That's as it was designed.

I didnt want the notification to ever be annoying. I figured, if you were playing things in a playlist, that would mean you have already decided what to watch next. Even if it was a random list, you still chose to play something random.

If the randomised list is only 1 episode, then it knows you dont have anything else to watch after it, so it will show the notification. (This doesnt work for the last episode in a larger play list, because there is no way to know where you started in the playlist.)
Understood, it makes sense now.
Just getting started with OpenELEC and XBMC, and this addon looks like the perfect way to replicate my old workflow - I used to have a bunch of shows saved off as "spare time" series and a number of shows I'm watching as they come on each week. Backlogged shows were stored as <show>/<season>/<episode.mp4> and I just dropped active shows in the root download dir and built a Totem playlist from there.

LazyTV seems like the perfect way to create a playlist of my active shows while allowing Sickbeard and XBMC to manage the library.

I'm probably screwing up something obvious, but I haven't been able to get a couple of the options to work as I understand them.

Allow multiple episodes of same TV Show - I've turned this on, but I'm only seeing one unwatched episode of any of my shows in the LazyTV list. I'm a couple weeks behind and have anywhere from 2-4 unwatched episodes of pretty much everything at this point.

Include episodes from unwatched TV series - The LazyTV smart playlist is including 1x01 from all my archived shows as well, even with this turned off. I've worked around this by setting up a smart playlist of 1x01 episodes and combining it with the LazyTV list using "not in" in a third playlist for now.

Lastly - I stopped screwing around with XBMC and actually watched a TV episode last night. When I restarted XBMC today and LazyTV recreated the smart playlist, the show I watched was still in the playlist and checked off as watched.

With this much stuff being out of whack, I'm suspecting an environment or setup issue on my part - absolutely don't want to come off as the guy complaining about free code. Happy to capture a debug log if it will be useful - I'd assume logging XBMC startup through the LazyTV complete notification will capture what's being done to build that initial playlist?

Any advice would be appreciated.
There are two functions: list and random play.

The options you listed are for the random play mode, not the list mode. Or the playlist mode (which finds the next to watch episode for every tv show.)

The smart playlist issue may be something though. But needs more info. Can you switch on logging in the Settings, and repeat the problem, then post the xbmc.log to paste bin?
I'll see what I can capture. Thanks for the clarification on when those options come into play. I may dust off my Python and see if I can add those to the playlist mode as well - last time I looked at Python was 15+ years ago, so I've got some catch-up to do...
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4