• 29(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
This is really cool. One thing I think would be good is to have the option to watch the very latest unwatched episode for certain series (like current affairs type shows). Sorry if this is already an option. Also an option to ignore watched status for random order shows. There are certain show I'm always happy to just watch a random episode I've already seen.
(2014-07-22, 11:22)Karnagious Wrote: Thanks,

Most XBMC skins allow you to put a short-cut on the main menu screen.

This video shows you how to do it on the default skin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gECr0v6imXQ

Thank you!!

I just used LazyTV for the first time today, I love it!! I'm watching a show I thought I would never get around to watching. It's perfect! Smile
Karnagious I'm not sure if this by design or something I'm not getting around but I will explain to you a scenario and a problem I'm having. Bear in mind I'm using lazytv to watch series over and over again so I do realize I'm using it in a way that wasnt intended in the first place.

So i like to watch Seinfeld over and over again. When I installed lazytv I set the whole series to unwatched and restarted xbmc. On analysis of DB and using the list mode it started correctly. After a while I opted to use the randomized player mode in which I threw in 50 episodes at a time. Now after the whole series finished I went and reset the series to unwatched then restarted xbmc to re-analyze db. To my surprise the randomized mode refused to play still but the list mode showed the first episode. It is only after I watched the first episode, or set it as watched, or scrolled through it that the randomized player started working again. Do you know what may have caused this?
(2014-08-06, 11:17)aalwani Wrote: Karnagious I'm not sure if this by design or something I'm not getting around but I will explain to you a scenario and a problem I'm having. Bear in mind I'm using lazytv to watch series over and over again so I do realize I'm using it in a way that wasnt intended in the first place.

So i like to watch Seinfeld over and over again. When I installed lazytv I set the whole series to unwatched and restarted xbmc. On analysis of DB and using the list mode it started correctly. After a while I opted to use the randomized player mode in which I threw in 50 episodes at a time. Now after the whole series finished I went and reset the series to unwatched then restarted xbmc to re-analyze db. To my surprise the randomized mode refused to play still but the list mode showed the first episode. It is only after I watched the first episode, or set it as watched, or scrolled through it that the randomized player started working again. Do you know what may have caused this?

There is a setting "Include episodes from unwatched TV series". If that isnt set as ON then only the TV shows that have at least one watched episode will be played.

(2014-08-06, 08:20)anarchybomb88 Wrote: This is really cool. One thing I think would be good is to have the option to watch the very latest unwatched episode for certain series (like current affairs type shows). Sorry if this is already an option. Also an option to ignore watched status for random order shows. There are certain show I'm always happy to just watch a random episode I've already seen.

Thanks!

Maybe there can be more options in a future version. My ideal would be to handle all the show types in one setting, but thats beyond my capabilities right now.

(2014-08-06, 08:42)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Thank you!!

I just used LazyTV for the first time today, I love it!! I'm watching a show I thought I would never get around to watching. It's perfect! Smile

Thats really great to hear. Thanks alot!
Thank you for a cool addon Karnagious Smile

Two requests:
  • please either remove or make optional the "database analysis complete" notification on startup...it would be nice if it was transparent to the user
  • please rename your skin files to something addon specific ... ie lazytv_main.xml instead of main.xml - this is useful for customizing the addon skin (skinners can have their own lazytv_main.xml in their skin folders without relying on the addon skin folder ....as right now main.xml could conflict with other addons)
Thanks echo, good point on the file names. They will change in the next update.

If you want to remove the notification in the meantime, just edit the service.py file at line 551.

"xbmc.executebuiltin('Notification(%s,%s,%i)' % ('LazyTV',lang(32173),5000))"

Put a # at the start of that line (next to the xbmc, so #xbmc) to remove the notification at startup.
(2014-08-02, 16:23)aalwani Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 09:44)Karnagious Wrote: The addon only looks for shows you havent watched. So it wouldnt work for your example.

If you were fine watching unwatched shows then I think you could get that functionality by going into the Settings, and set the random player length to 1 episode. Then go to the extra settings tab and elect to be notified if the next unwatched show is available in your library. You could then hop from episode to episode as you watch them.

I want to elaborate on this answer. first question I noticed that notification for next available episode only works in list mode and not in randomized playlist mode. Is this correct? Therefore I have to select the show in the list first and then it will jump from one episode to the other (which I am doing right now)

Does it prompt for next episode in the first primary function mode when playlist is finished? I am asking since you said set the number of episodes to 1 so I'm assuming you are using the randomized playlist mode.

OH! I was just about to ask/point out the exact same thing!

(2014-08-03, 01:52)Karnagious Wrote: That's as it was designed.

I didnt want the notification to ever be annoying. I figured, if you were playing things in a playlist, that would mean you have already decided what to watch next. Even if it was a random list, you still chose to play something random.

If the randomised list is only 1 episode, then it knows you dont have anything else to watch after it, so it will show the notification. (This doesnt work for the last episode in a larger play list, because there is no way to know where you started in the playlist.)

Yes, but in my case, and possibly aalwani's too, I like the idea of LTV picking a random show for me to watch, that's great. However, once that random show ends, I usually get hooked and want to watch the next episode! Now I have to exit LTV and find the next episode myself.

In fact, this happens more often than not. Once a random show is chosen, I really want to see 2 or 3 episode in a row. Tomorrow may be a different random show. But today, the same one over and over. Wink

(2014-08-03, 09:30)aalwani Wrote:
(2014-08-03, 01:52)Karnagious Wrote: That's as it was designed.

I didnt want the notification to ever be annoying. I figured, if you were playing things in a playlist, that would mean you have already decided what to watch next. Even if it was a random list, you still chose to play something random.

If the randomised list is only 1 episode, then it knows you dont have anything else to watch after it, so it will show the notification. (This doesnt work for the last episode in a larger play list, because there is no way to know where you started in the playlist.)
Understood, it makes sense now.

Yeah, makes sense. But I'd still really really like the option of watching the next episode. *hint* Big Grin
(2014-08-08, 07:50)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Yeah, makes sense. But I'd still really really like the option of watching the next episode. *hint* Big Grin

I have been thinking about it, and reckon I will add that to the next version.
(2014-08-06, 11:55)Karnagious Wrote: There is a setting "Include episodes from unwatched TV series". If that isnt set as ON then only the TV shows that have at least one watched episode will be played.

Thanks forgot about that one!

One more thing. In randomized playlist mode, if I have more than one show and I stop in the middle of a show, then the next day I play again, the list might start another show first and then later on it might resume the episode I was watching from the first show. Is this correct?
There are two other settings that might be relevant.

"Begin partially watched episodes at their resume point" means that if you have watched part of the show, when it comes up again in the random player it will jump to where you last watched it.

"Begin with latest in progress tv show" means that the random player will start off with the last partially watched episode. Basically it tries to pick up where you left off.
I have them both checked. Can you reproduce it by pressing lazytv like 10 times and check if it happens? I have 2 shows in the player and one episode half way.
AWESOME !!!

Now I noticed something else. Where does LazyTV get it's lists of episodes from?

Because it seems that LTV only takes into consideration actual episodes, and not anything from the 'specials' folder, or custom .nfo files I placed in between regular episode.

Is there a way to get LTV to use the same list, and ordering structure as you would get when you click on the "* All Seasons" folder in the TV series?

Thanks.
LazyTV gets the episode information from XBMC via the JSON interface, so anything unavailable through that wont get picked up.

The treatment of specials is tricky as some are supposed to be played at the end (or during) specific seasons, but that info isnt available through the interface.
Could the addon fire an 'refresh' automatically after the dialog timer has ran out and when default selection is set to not play anything?

I usually watch a few episodes in row, and sometimes after the episode either me or my gf will want to go to the toilet or grab a drink etc.
So I won't press anything and the dialog will time out.
The screen however hasn't updated and pressing the same show again plays the episode we just watched.
The workaround is to manually contextmenu -> refresh or to select Play Next in the dialog and immediately pause.

To me it makes sense to initiate a refresh after coming from the dialog timeout.

Oh and by the way:
(2014-08-13, 12:06)Karnagious Wrote: LazyTV gets the episode information from XBMC via the JSON interface, so anything unavailable through that wont get picked up.

The treatment of specials is tricky as some are supposed to be played at the end (or during) specific seasons, but that info isnt available through the interface.

Yeah, my specials are both before, during, and at the end of seasons.

Is there anything I can manually add to the nfo files that would let LTV pick up that info through the interface?

All my video have a corresponding nfo files. When I scan my collection to the Library, I scan locally, I do not scrape my info.

Thanks.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4