• 36(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Would it be at all possible to give LazyTV the option to scan the database right before it's launched by the user? I use a MySQL DB on two machines and sometimes I can watch a show on one machine, then go to the other and fire up LazyTV, where it'll then show me something I only watched a couple of hours ago because it didn't notice that the episode was marked watched since LazyTV last scanned the database for what's watched and what's not.
I have a question. Can this addon manage returning (already watched previous episodes) and new (as totally new) TV show.
I would love a list composed with both (it can be orderer with the last watched date and new with imported date)
many thanks
great addon
(2015-02-11, 22:52)dibsmjf Wrote: Hi,

I came across LazyTV as I was looking for a way to setup a system to copy the "next episode to watch" from my in-progress TV shows to a folder, which would be synced to a mobile and/or tablet - so that the mobile device has the next episode of some or all the shows on it at all times.

However, I am experiencing crashes when trying to run LazyTV, it seems to analyse the database ok but every time I run it I get a "Script failed!" notification. I have uploaded my log file to Dropbox, link below. I am running a MySQL setup, not sure if that should make a difference, I get the crash when I run LazyTV on the Windows 7 machine that is hosting the MySQL database and also another Windows 7 machine that connects to the database. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing LazyTV and also a full un-install (including userdata) of both copies of Kodi but still getting the same crash.

Kodi Log

Hope that you can make the time to have a look at this and thanks for writing LazyTV - it's a great idea, I want to use it for its intended purpose as well as trying to make my syncing idea work!

Charlie

Sorry for the delay.

That error is confusing: OverflowError: mktime argument out of range. Maybe you are using a different version of Python? Python3 maybe?

Dont know why that would happen. The issues is with the ordering of the shows, so if you dont want the shows ordered by last watched then this hack might fix the issue.

If you edit this file: C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.lazytv\default.py

And change line 186 from:

Code:
return date_num

to

Code:
return 0

Alternatively you can simply open the smart playlist the LazyTV can create.
(2015-02-12, 03:04)adrianhurt Wrote: First of all, thanks, thanks, thanks for this addon. It's exactly what I was finding.

I only have a bug and a request if it would possible. There is an option to "Include episodes from unwatched TV series" but in my case the addon always show every TV show (from its first episode) even if this option is unmarked (as it was as default). The request would be another option like "Include episodes from unwatched seasons" or "Hide episodes from watched seasons". In other words, a way to only show in the playlist the next episodes of those "seasons in progress" (instead of "TV shows in progress"). I don't know if it would be too difficult, but it would be great!

And finally… THANKS!

PD: I have a CuboxTV with OpenElec 5.0.2 and Kodi 14.1

I cant replicate the bug, maybe logs could help? I am stuck on another project at the moment, but will make sure this function works in the new version when I can get back to it.

The Seasons in Progress idea is possible, but may slow things down even more. I will look into it.
(2015-02-15, 15:55)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Would it be at all possible to give LazyTV the option to scan the database right before it's launched by the user? I use a MySQL DB on two machines and sometimes I can watch a show on one machine, then go to the other and fire up LazyTV, where it'll then show me something I only watched a couple of hours ago because it didn't notice that the episode was marked watched since LazyTV last scanned the database for what's watched and what's not.

Rescanning before opening may not be practical given the amount of time it takes to complete. But I will look at a way of forcing a full rescan (which could then be hacked into what your looking for).

At the moment it will scan only when the service is started (so you could stop then restart the services, I can provide a small addon that does that) or when the system tells it that the library has been updated.
(2015-02-16, 16:04)onlyyou Wrote: I have a question. Can this addon manage returning (already watched previous episodes) and new (as totally new) TV show.
I would love a list composed with both (it can be orderer with the last watched date and new with imported date)
many thanks
great addon

Cant at the moment, but the plan was always to eventually allow this.There is a way to get what you want, but not through LazyTV gui or random player.

LazyTV can create a smart playlist of the next-to-watch unwatched shows (check the settings to turn on this option). You could then combine that playlist with a different one that plays repeats from other seasons and then randomise the order.
(2015-02-08, 17:48)ramecex Wrote: Karnagious,

I just found and tested this great addon......its just what I have been looking for in a long time.....Thanks for your work it is really helpful!!! I have a request...I normally use Genesis adon to watch all my series in english but frequently I use the plugin Pelisalacarta to watch my spanish series. I haven´t found a way to add my series from pelisalacarta library to my LazyTv....would you please help me to do it?

Note: What I need is an option to populate the menu from an additional library path because Pelisalacarta library path is a bit different to any other addon.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, LazyTV only works off the Kodi library so it cant roll in other databases.Building that individual database interaction would be very difficult.

Can the other database be imported into Kodi's library? (I dont know what those other addons are.)
(2015-02-12, 12:15)onlyyou Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 18:21)rjcogin Wrote: Hi, Been using this plug-in for a long time and was wondering if a feature could be considered, to add in the future.
It would be great if you could set priority TV shows. for example, if i set the walking dead as a priority show and a new episode has been added to my library, this would automatically be the first show to play.
Thanks again for the great plug-in

That would be amazing...
Also, i have a question. Can this addon manage returning (already watched previous episodes) and new (as totally new) TV show.
I would love a list composed with both (new can be orderer with the last watched date and new with imported date)

Thanks,

I answered in the other thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1929450
(2015-02-17, 01:47)Karnagious Wrote: Rescanning before opening may not be practical given the amount of time it takes to complete. But I will look at a way of forcing a full rescan (which could then be hacked into what your looking for).

At the moment it will scan only when the service is started (so you could stop then restart the services, I can provide a small addon that does that) or when the system tells it that the library has been updated.

I'll concede that it'll take time, but it'll waste less time than going 'Wait, I already watched this and LazyTV shouldn't still be trying to show it to me' and then having to skip through it.
(2015-02-17, 01:40)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 22:52)dibsmjf Wrote: Hi,

I came across LazyTV as I was looking for a way to setup a system to copy the "next episode to watch" from my in-progress TV shows to a folder, which would be synced to a mobile and/or tablet - so that the mobile device has the next episode of some or all the shows on it at all times.

However, I am experiencing crashes when trying to run LazyTV, it seems to analyse the database ok but every time I run it I get a "Script failed!" notification. I have uploaded my log file to Dropbox, link below. I am running a MySQL setup, not sure if that should make a difference, I get the crash when I run LazyTV on the Windows 7 machine that is hosting the MySQL database and also another Windows 7 machine that connects to the database. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing LazyTV and also a full un-install (including userdata) of both copies of Kodi but still getting the same crash.

Kodi Log

Hope that you can make the time to have a look at this and thanks for writing LazyTV - it's a great idea, I want to use it for its intended purpose as well as trying to make my syncing idea work!

Charlie

Sorry for the delay.

That error is confusing: OverflowError: mktime argument out of range. Maybe you are using a different version of Python? Python3 maybe?

Dont know why that would happen. The issues is with the ordering of the shows, so if you dont want the shows ordered by last watched then this hack might fix the issue.

If you edit this file: C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.lazytv\default.py

And change line 186 from:

Code:
return date_num

to

Code:
return 0

Alternatively you can simply open the smart playlist the LazyTV can create.

Brilliant that's fixed the crash on startup, really appreciate you getting back to me on that one! I'd prefer to have the list of episodes ordered by title so that is perfect for me. I am still getting an error when I run the script to export the media files to another folder, however I am aware that this is probably because I am using a MySQL setup accessing SMB shares - I tried setting up a test local library using local paths and that worked fine. I've posted my log file below, if it is an easy fix that you are willing to look at then that would be great, but no problem if it is a big job, now that I can update LazyTV (and create the playlist) I should be able to use the filenames in the playlist to find and copy the files outside of XBMC.

Thanks, Charlie
(2015-02-17, 01:53)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 17:48)ramecex Wrote: Karnagious,

I just found and tested this great addon......its just what I have been looking for in a long time.....Thanks for your work it is really helpful!!! I have a request...I normally use Genesis adon to watch all my series in english but frequently I use the plugin Pelisalacarta to watch my spanish series. I haven´t found a way to add my series from pelisalacarta library to my LazyTv....would you please help me to do it?

Note: What I need is an option to populate the menu from an additional library path because Pelisalacarta library path is a bit different to any other addon.

Thanks,

Unfortunately, LazyTV only works off the Kodi library so it cant roll in other databases.Building that individual database interaction would be very difficult.

Can the other database be imported into Kodi's library? (I dont know what those other addons are.)

Thanks for your response, I already find a way to make this other addon work if the Kodi library and that way Lazy TV is able to detect it but as the only two scrapers available on Lazy dont have much info on spanish movies and series what I do is to rename my movies with an english title in order to make it work. Is there a way to add another scraper?
(2015-02-18, 00:24)ramecex Wrote: Thanks for your response, I already find a way to make this other addon work if the Kodi library and that way Lazy TV is able to detect it but as the only two scrapers available on Lazy dont have much info on spanish movies and series what I do is to rename my movies with an english title in order to make it work. Is there a way to add another scraper?

The scrapers are used by Kodi, not LazyTV. I think you can add other ones, but to be honest I wouldnt have any idea how to do it. Maybe someone can provide some help in the Kodi General Help and Support sub-forum?
(2015-02-17, 20:51)dibsmjf Wrote: Brilliant that's fixed the crash on startup, really appreciate you getting back to me on that one! I'd prefer to have the list of episodes ordered by title so that is perfect for me. I am still getting an error when I run the script to export the media files to another folder, however I am aware that this is probably because I am using a MySQL setup accessing SMB shares - I tried setting up a test local library using local paths and that worked fine. I've posted my log file below, if it is an easy fix that you are willing to look at then that would be great, but no problem if it is a big job, now that I can update LazyTV (and create the playlist) I should be able to use the filenames in the playlist to find and copy the files outside of XBMC.

Thanks, Charlie

Yeah, I suspect the paths are getting screwed up in some way. I cant see the link for the log, but that should indicate how big a fix would be.
Hi guys,

I want just confirm something - I downloaded videos from youtube (funny videos...), got it in external hdd, and I want to play them randomly.

Is this possible with LazyTV ?
LazyTV uses the Kodi library which contains scraped data for recognised TV shows. If it is in the library as a TV show, then LazyTV will pick it up.

But I dont think that loose files can be added to the Kodi Library. Maybe you could add an .nfo file to the folder, so that the videos get added as custom shows?

Best to ask an expert on that though. I have never dealt with custom .nfo files myself.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4