• 54(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Could anyone assist me with getting this addon to start automatically when kodi starts? I saw a bit of mention about it in some of the first few pages of this thread, but I can't figure out how to autostart an addon in kodi.
Is anyone using LazyTV in a profile with lock preferences set?
I'm trying to set this up in my daughters profile. It appears to work perfectly until I set a master password.

Steps to recreate.
1) Create a new profile in Kodi
2) Install LazyTV in the new profile
3) Go to Profile Settings, Choose the new Profile => Lock Preferences, You'll be prompted for a master password.
It doesn't seem to matter what the lock preferences are (you can even turn them all off), so long as there is a master password set, my LTV playlist is empty

Disabling the master password refills the LTV playlist.

I'd really like to have LTV and password protection. Is this a known issue?
I found the solution to my problem here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=182440

It wasn't an issue with Lazy TV, my entire library was disappearing when the password was set. I didn't notice at first because I'd turned off the videos and TV Shows tabs. Anyway, it's working great now! Smile
I've been having a problem with Kodi reporting MAC address, Internet, CPU, GPU and many other listings under system information as 'Busy'. This would happen around 30-40% of the time when starting Kodi. This broke various functions such as internet access to search for subtitles, and being able to cleanly close Kodi. After removing addons one by one I believe I have isolated it to Lazy TV. With LazyTV disabled I haven't had a problem for several weeks but as soon as I enable it the problem returns.

It seems this is the relevant part of the error log:
Quote:18:17:09.057 T:139912066082560 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('tvshowid',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/script.lazytv/service.py", line 357, in onPlayBackStopped
pre_showid = Main.nextprompt_info['tvshowid']
KeyError: ('tvshowid',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

I am using LazyTV to create and launch randomised playlist so I guess something is going wrong at startup when it is doing a database analysis - again this doesn't happen 100% of the time but will reliably occur every 2 or 3 launches if LazyTV is enabled.
LazyTV does a fair bit of work at startup. Maybe delaying that work until the rest of the system is up and running would help.

Find the service.py file in the LazyTV addon folder, scroll to the bottom, find where it says "xbmc.sleep(000) #testing delay for clean system" and add in the number of seconds you want to delay.

So... "xbmc.sleep(120000) #testing delay for clean system" to delay by 120 seconds.
(2017-09-12, 06:05)Karnagious Wrote: LazyTV does a fair bit of work at startup. Maybe delaying that work until the rest of the system is up and running would help.

Find the service.py file in the LazyTV addon folder, scroll to the bottom, find where it says "xbmc.sleep(000) #testing delay for clean system" and add in the number of seconds you want to delay.

So... "xbmc.sleep(120000) #testing delay for clean system" to delay by 120 seconds.
I was looking for something like that in the options as I thought it might be the problem. I've set the delay to 10 seconds, so far after half a dozen or so launches it is working fine.
You have developed a terrific and very useful (indispensable actually) addon, Karnagious.

One question. I'm running Krypton 17.6 on Nvidia Shield TV with LazyTV set to Poster view along with the Rapier skin. All of the info on the left fills out with the exception of "In this episode..." Is there a setting I'm missing? I seem to recall it working at one time but I think that may have been on SPMC - and it is no longer working there either. I've tried other skins in Krypton to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think show synopsis is hidden by default in Kodi. You will need to look in the Kodi settings for the one to change.
Is it by design that 'Select random-order shows' is omitted from clones of this add-on? It's my favourite feature of this incredible add-on.
I just started using LazyTV, its just what I need for Kodi.

My question is in reference to LazyTV clones. After cloning, I do not see an instance of the clone to plug into my Kodi menu.

I did find an old post which indicates that the problem is that there is a switch in Kodi which, by default, disables clones. Can you lead me to that switch?

Thank you.
(2018-02-14, 01:56)chewyfish Wrote: I just started using LazyTV, its just what I need for Kodi.

My question is in reference to LazyTV clones. After cloning, I do not see an instance of the clone to plug into my Kodi menu.

I did find an old post which indicates that the problem is that there is a switch in Kodi which, by default, disables clones. Can you lead me to that switch?

Thank you.
Did you receive a message stating LazyTV was successfully cloned? If so, restart Kodi and it should be in your add-ons under whatever name you gave it. 
I found the answer. I went to Add-ons, My add-ons, All. The clones were there, I just needed to Enable them. Thank you
Yes. The episode selection for each TV show is done in the background service. The front-end addon simply presents them or subsets of them. A show selected to be Random in the main program settings willb be random in the addon and all clone addons too.
(2018-02-23, 05:24)Karnagious Wrote: Yes. The episode selection for each TV show is done in the background service. The front-end addon simply presents them or subsets of them. A show selected to be Random in the main program settings willb be random in the addon and all clone addons too.
That makes sense, I'll give it a try. Thank you very much for explaining Karnagious, and for creating one of the best features of Kodi.
Hi guys. I'm having an issue with resuming a stopped episode when running lazy tv. I'm on a lea nightly. Is that something to expect? Is it lazy tv issue or more of a kodi nightly problem. Thanks.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4