• 58(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
(2020-01-16, 11:18)Karnagious Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 11:25)MartinMysterion Wrote:
(2018-06-02, 14:53)BrianFantana Wrote: How do I get Lazy TV to generate and maintain a playlist that looks the same as the addon uses? 
When I run the add-on, I see one poster per show (10 shows max), and when clicked, it plays the next episode, perfect!
When I choose the Lazy TV playlist, it shows the next episode from every TV show, but it doesn't sort or limit in the same way as the addon.

If I create a new smart playlist, type TV Shows, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output looks like the addon BUT when I click the show, it doesn't play the next episode, it goes to the full episode view.
If I create a new smart playlist, type Episodes, with criteria (where playlist is LazyTV) , the output doesn't look like the addon.

Help
Has anyone found a solution to that issue? Or has Kodi 18 completely broken LazyTV?  

See solution here: https://github.com/KODeKarnage/script.la...-575056256

The playlist type needs to be set to 'Episodes'. 
Turns out this required a new feature in order to work properly. Has been included in 3.0.1.
As I can't migrate to Matrix yet, I ended up using Skin Helper Widgets to get the "next in line" list displayed on my home screen (Quartz).
(2020-01-06, 11:31)Karnagious Wrote:
(2020-01-05, 18:53)Rouzax Wrote: @Karnagious, what does the setting "begin with the latest in progress episode" actually do?

Edit:
The other thing I just thought about. Would it be possible to add an option to start the next episode of shows that I already have started watching.

We for instance will wait quite some time before starting a second season of a show and with the current settings those will still be counted as in progress.
I would very much like the option to only start episodes where the next episode is episode 2 or higher.
That way S02E01 would not be included.
I believe that setting is used with the random playlist functionality of LazyTV, and it will mean that if one of your episodes is partially watched (and it is the next unwatched episode in the TV Show) then the playlist will play it first. That way if you exit an episode (while using the random playlist) it will return to it the next time you run a random playlist.

I am not sure I understand the feature you are requesting. Is it to exclude all TV Shows where the next episode to be played is E01?  

Would it be possible to add the request I put in?
@Karnagious sorry for the repeated kicks but would that be something that you could add as an option?

"Exclude all TV Shows where the next episode to be played is E01"

I've been trying to solve it with a Smart Playlist but that is not possible.
@Karnagious, I'm trying to figure out how I could add the feature I asked about.

You do your magic in the service.py from line 931
python:

# runs through the list and finds the watched episode with the highest season and episode numbers, and creates a list of unwatched episodes
            for ep in self.eps:
                if ep['playcount'] != 0:
                    watched_showcount += 1
                    if (ep['season'] == Season and ep['episode'] > Episode) or ep['season'] > Season:
                        Season = ep['season']
                        Episode = ep['episode']
                else:
                    _append(ep)

Trying to decode how you do this but I think it should possible by adding an additional if statement and dropping all eps if they are 1
I was doing some testing and I finally was able to get LazyTV working the way I want it to. The thing is that now I would like to reset the playlist so the shows play back starting in episode #1. Sorry if this is an obvious question but I tried doing a search here and in the wiki but I can't find a way to do it.
(2020-08-01, 09:51)gonzo90017 Wrote: I was doing some testing and I finally was able to get LazyTV working the way I want it to. The thing is that now I would like to reset the playlist so the shows play back starting in episode #1. Sorry if this is an obvious question but I tried doing a search here and in the wiki but I can't find a way to do it.

You need to change the watch state in Kodi back to unwatched
I went ahead and did that. But now when I try to launch LazyTV nothing happens. What am I missing?
Thumbs Down 
(2020-08-01, 10:10)gonzo90017 Wrote: I went ahead and did that. But now when I try to launch LazyTV nothing happens. What am I missing?

You probably need to do a library update or reboot of the device to initiate a new lazytv database update
Thanks. Got it working now. Does the database get updated at a set interval or does this only happen when you reboot or open and close kodi?

Also. Seems like watch from Resume point isn't working?
Is there a reason the lazytv keeps screwing up my added shows.

I add some shows and it works perfectly for a few days and then all of a sudden I open it and my list is full of completely different tv shows I did not select.
Is this still being worked on? Just upgraded to Kodi matrix and it just throws me error messages after selecting shows for the random mode
This is such an incredibly awesome add-on! 

I'm just an end user - I'm rolling with the latest Kodi on the latest Firestick (not 4K). 

I don't understand why there's a "Database analysis" on every startup? But, if I try to run LazyTV prior to the notification "Database analysis complete" , I get an error? 

Just wondering if possibly Kodi now has a built-in method for automagically doing whatever LazyTV does - and so that's why the add-on has possibly been abandoned? 

Because I'm guessing that anyone running Kodi on a fire stick would receive all of the errors I'm receiving? And it's a fairly popular device for running Kodi I'm guessing? Fairly certain I'm not running anything odd. I only have a few add-ons and they're all from the official repository. 

And, although it reported an error when I made a clone with "Clone LazyTV Now" - once I quit and restarted Kodi, the clone was thankfully there? And possibly there's good reason that the clone doesn't allow for random play TV shows as does the original non-clone? Heck if I know if that's just normal with clones or whether that was the error? 

I also get errors if I try to set it to "Let me choose on launch"?

And "Begin partially watched episodes from their resume point" doesn't work. The partially watched episodes always start from the beginning, even though if I start them up again sans LazyTV, I do receive the prompt to continue watching from the resume point. But LazyTV skips that prompt and just restarts the episodes. 

But, hey - it still works!

And just having the ability to "set it and forget it" - just choose a list of TV shows and randomly watch them in order? BEYONE awesome! I can finally even toss in old Dr Who and Batman multi-episode shows, which absolutely do NOT work with Kodi's built-in playlist manager for obvious reasons. 

For what it's worth, I did see on the GitHub that someone had reported that resume wasn't working, and then someone patched it - but that patch didn't work, so I just "updated" back to the 3.0.1 from the official Kodi respository. 

Obviously, I'd love to have the functionality LazyTV offers incorporated into Kodi's built-in playlists. But, if it is, I definitely can't figure out how to do it? 

So, if this add-on has been abandoned? That REALLY sucks. 

But maybe, since I only use Kodi to organize and play local files? I just have a Netgear router with a USB drive plugged in, loaded up with tons of movies and TV shows - 

Just asking you gurus - possibly I might be better off just falling back to Kodi 17 or whichever version actually might work perfectly with LazyTV on a Firestick? 

Oh - and is there ANY way to possibly skip that database analysis with every startup? I guess waiting 30 seconds for that notification is no big deal? But if I'm being an idiot and stressing my Firestick for no reason - possibly I should click on whichever option to avoid that? I have no idea? 

Any tips would be greatly appreciated? And, again, it just really sucks if LazyTV has been abandoned - because it's SO BEYOND AWESOME! 

I really wish the functionality would just be built into Kodi's built-in playlists. Thanks!
Quote:I don't understand why there's a "Database analysis" on every startup? But, if I try to run LazyTV prior to the notification "Database analysis complete" , I get an error? 
During boot and after library update LazyTV will update the LazyTV smart playlist and populate it with the next available episodes of each show.
It needs to works through each episode of each TV show to find the earliest non watched episode to be added to the list.
So you can't launch LazyTV before this is done.
Quote:And, although it reported an error when I made a clone with "Clone LazyTV Now" - once I quit and restarted Kodi, the clone was thankfully there? And possibly there's good reason that the clone doesn't allow for random play TV shows as does the original non-clone? Heck if I know if that's just normal with clones or whether that was the error? 
Not sure about this, I don't have this issue.
Quote:And "Begin partially watched episodes from their resume point" doesn't work. The partially watched episodes always start from the beginning, even though if I start them up again sans LazyTV, I do receive the prompt to continue watching from the resume point. But LazyTV skips that prompt and just restarts the episodes. 
Also doesn't work for me any more Sad
Quote:Obviously, I'd love to have the functionality LazyTV offers incorporated into Kodi's built-in playlists. But, if it is, I definitely can't figure out how to do it? 
No, not possible with KODI without this plugin.
Quote:So, if this add-on has been abandoned? That REALLY sucks. 
It looks like it Sad
(2022-03-01, 14:09)Rouzax Wrote: No, not possible with KODI without this plugin.
Quote:So, if this add-on has been abandoned? That REALLY sucks. 
It looks like it Sad
Thanks for the feedback. But it seems odd that none of the gurus picked up where he left off? Like with the guy who created the patch? In my fantasy world, there's just these elite gurus who go about creating and maintaining all of these awesome scripts, even taking time to answer my idiotic questions. 

I obviously don't understand how any of this works - but, with ALL of the options they provide in the playlists - just seems odd why they don't offer the functionality LazyTV offers? I thought maybe it was in deference to the creator of this add-on? Not stepping on each others' toes or whatnot? 

It also seems odd that - even on the other Fire TV Stick 4K Max I have - it still takes 30 seconds - same amount of time as my base Firestick - to announce the bit about the database analysis completing. I'd think the Max would just do it instantly, given its horsepower? 

And, obviously - if I try to launch the add-on prior to seeing that notice? I just get errors. 

But possibly using Kodi to play from an existing library isn't the primary usage? So not many folks need LazyTV? Heck if I know. 

Thanks again for the feedback. Major bummer to lose awesomeness.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4