Question about the my skineditor!
since the animation changes and from reading posts from you guys it seems a drag and drop editor like i am working on may not be the best app for editing. most people are used to reading the xml code and editing directly. with animations it will be confusing to use drag and drop as a way of building a skin. my question is this:
would you rather have a nice xml editor with syntax highlighting and xbmc specific settings with import, export control features and simple gui. also have the ability to test your file(render but with animations and functions to test visibility code(if i can)). it would also list each control like it does know and have the ability to go directly to the spot in the xml when a control is clicked on. basicly alot of the functions my editor already has but without the click and drag. you would edit the xml and then be able to test it.

or should i keep going with the click and drag interface and update it to 2.0 specs. in case you are wondering how it is setup now, you can download the latest ver here. this is not to be used to edit and save skins as it is not complete and may mess up your skin!
imo, the two most benifitial features of your skin editor is positioning of images and the skin preview.
there are plenty of programs that can do xml highlighting (i prefer the opensource notepad++ myself)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about the my skineditor!0