WIP Help Fabes get HD Audio Working!
Hello,

I am racking my brain to get HD audio to work. I have tried so many suggestions from these forums and I am getting no where. I am having these two issues;

1. When I set audio output device, and or passthrough output device to WASAPI HDMI, I get no sound at all for any videos using any audio format, and the video plays faster (seems like 2x speed)
2. If I set the audio output device and passthrough output device to Direct HDMI, sound works fine for all video formats except, DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD where there is no sound and the video playback just stutters.

- My setup -

Physical Connections

- HTPC (Windows 7 x64, ATI Radeon HD4350, Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz, running XBMC Gotham)

---- via HDMI

- AVR (Onkyo TX NR626, set up with 5.1 speakers)

----- via HDMI

- TV (Samsung 55")

- Radeon Card Info -

- Supports 8 Channels
- Under properties does list DTS-HD
- Under properties does list Dolby True HD
- Latest Drivers Updated
- All settings default

- XBMC Settings Info -

- Audio Output: HDMI
- Speaker Configuration: 7.1 also tried 5.1
- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: Enabled
- DTS capable receiver: Enabled
- AAC capable receiver: Disabled
- Multichannel LPCM capable receiver: Enabled
- TrueHD capable receiver: Enabled
- DTS-HD capable receiver: Enabled
- Audio output device: Direct HDMI (see problems below)
- Passthrough output device: Direct HDMI (see problems below)

PROBLEMS

1. When I set audio output device, and or passthrough output device to WASAPI HDMI, I get no sound at all for any videos using any audio format, and the video plays faster (seems like 2x speed)
2. If I set the audio output device and passthrough output device to Direct HDMI, sound works fine for all video formats except, DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD where there is no sound and the video playback just stutters.

------------------------------

Please help me figure this out.
Moved to Windows subforum.

Have you seen the sticky in this subforum ? HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
Follow the steps outlined in that thread and report back here with the information we ask you to report if it still doesn't work.
I have worked through every step I possibly could. I think I have it narrowed down to 2 problems.

1. Is my card not compatible with DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD? (Radeon HD 4350) ??

2. I am using only 5.1 speakers physically, do I need to have 7.1 physical speakers to use DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD?
I didn't think the AMD HD4000 series cards were capable of bitstreaming HD audio, so can you confirm what you mean by:

- Under properties does list DTS-HD
- Under properties does list Dolby True HD
Also a debug log of you playing a file with no audio would go some way in helping, see Log_file (wiki)
It did list them when (at the time I didnt realize) it had the Realtek Drivers. I followed the thread Kibje pointed out closely and found out I was using Realtek drivers instead of the ATI Drivers. Once I updated the drivers to ATI I lost DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD under properties. I believe my card just doesnt support it, so I ordered an Nvidia GT 610.
Yes, HD4xxxx serie doesn't support HD audio.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Fabes get HD Audio Working!0