Movie information works poorly
Hi. I hope i'm not asking something that has already been asked, but i've looked trough the formu db and couldn't find it. So here:
I used to click "Movie Information" and in a few seconds it gave me all details about the selected movie. This doesn't work lately.
I have, for instance, the following folder name "Lord of War (2005) [1080p]", so it should show me "Lord of War" information. But all it does, is to give me the virtual keyboard where I can type in the name of the movie. I've tried typing it without any other information (like year, quality, etc) and still no joy.
For some movies it works, for other it doesn't. Initially I thought it didn't work for obscure movies, but Lord of War is no obscure movie. It's with frikkin' Nicholas Cage...
I even tried typing in the name it had in my country but to no avail.
Please help, as the movie information feature is the why i keep using XBMC.
Based on the information that you are giving, I would say that the movie isn't being scraped correctly by XBMC. Did you try creating a nfo file with the link to imdb? That way you will point xbmc to correct website.
I had no trouble scanning a dummy movie file located within a folder with that exact name into my library. Artwork and metadata are displayed for it when I selected "Movie information".

What did you name the movie file itself that is located inside the "Lord of War (2005) [1080p]" folder?
Lord.of.War.2005.1080p.BrRip.x264.YIFY.mp4 is the file name.
What about that nfo file? Can you tell me what shoul be inside it and where to place it?
Thanks
I tried with this exact file name (within the folder name previously cited) and, again, the movie was added to my library with the expected artwork and information. No nfo file is necessary. Which scraper are you using?

Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, scan your library for this movie and then upload your debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.
this is what it says. I think everything is ok. So why isn't it working?
L.E. http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44808
please read the rules. never post log on the forum and never snippets!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok. sorry. but how can i fix my problem if i can't show it to you?
Unfortunately, most of the errors occurred before you enabled debug logging. Leave debug logging enabled and restart XBMC. Run a library update and post the new log (on xbmclogs.com).

Let me ask you again: which scraper are you using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie information works poorly0