File Management WHILE Watching Video
So let's say you have a large database of random videos. You want to 'play all' but want to delete the 'bad' videos as you watch them.

I'd like to be able to do this outside of file management, rather I'd like to do it through the OSD while views films.

How can this be done?
Cheers
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
Stop the movie you are watching that you no longer wish to keep, open the context menu for it, select
  • "Remove from library" if your movies are scanned into your video library. Respond "Yes" to the prompts for library removal and file deletion.
  • "Delete" if you are not using the video library to catalog your movies (i.e., you only use the "Files" view to list and play your movie files)
The above assumes you have enabled the setting to allow file renaming and deletion within XBMC: System/Settings > Appearance > File lists > Allow file renaming and deletion.
Would it be possible to skip to the next video, hit 'c' from the osd and delete it? I'd like to do it without stopping the playlist.

Cheers
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
Problem being with files all over the network that are played, when I hit stop, I am left at the last screen, rather than at the file location. And I have no way of seeing the file location from the OSD. But even so, with videos buried deep, it's not a good option. Is there no other way to delete files without exiting the player?

Perhaps an addon? WDTV devices for example allow you to delete files while watching them. If I recall correctly, as did the original xbox 1 xbmc. I understand why a move function wouldn't work during playback, but delete should. No?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Management WHILE Watching Video0