Separate Favorites Folders
What I would very much like to see, and maybe this is possible and I just haven't dug deep enough into video tags to do it, would be able to setup different Favorites sections, name them, and put them on the Home Menu.

What I had done with Plex, not trying to say it's better it's just something that was easily done, was setup 3 movie sections: Movies, Movies - DC, and Movies - Marvel, because I have a lot of Super Hero movies. Along with TV Shows and TV Shows - Animated. These were then all placed on the Home Menu allowing me to quickly get to whichever section I wanted.

This was all on ReFocus BTW, so it was laid out really nicely. =D

I've tried adding to favorites, but all it did was allow me to add one title to a favorite and place a link to that single title on the Home Screen.

The current Movie Sections thing that Frodo has is almost there, it automatically grouped all of my DC - Animated Movies into a single section. But I do have to scroll through the entire movies section just to reach it.
check out smart playlists

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76717
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_playlists
Looked into it, tried it, but they just don't work right. I already have the movies, Marvel & DC, separated by folder and tried to use the "Location begins with" option, then selected the appropriate folder in the SMB shares, but nothing would show up.

I tried using the "Studio includes" and put in DC, Warner Bros & Marvel, but not everything has the right studios in the metadata.
Are your movies scanned into your video library? Smart playlists only work with library content.
There's a number of ways of approach to this issue. The simplest is to use 'tags' label then add the label as favourite with a link to homepage. Just like you did with 1 individual video, you can do the same with a whole Tag. Next up but a bit more complex is to use smart playlists, when you finally make a playlist that works, mark it as a favourite and link it to your home page. Your playlist using studios works well if all your studios are listed in the metadata (but yours is not, this is correctable with an editor), path rule should work and really is your best solution. Then the most complex of the lot is to create a node for a specific genre that would suit. A possible work around would be to create some sort of label for a set etc... this can get quit complex and that's why I suggested tags.

There is also filemode which allows you to see individual media source folders linked to your favourites and linked back to the home page.
I will try the Path Rule again today. This hasn't been super-high on my todo list since the Collection thing came into the picture, which cleans up the Library a LOT.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate Favorites Folders0