Android Wifi won't turn on
Hello,

I've come home to my parents place to find that my dad has bought a "G-Box Midnight MX2" but is having issues with it.

I've never seen the product before, but at least thought that with the small computing knowledge that I have that I could work out how to turn the bloody Wifi on. However I'm stuck in the same position as him, and am increasingly beginning to think my IQ is getting lower every time I try to get it to work.

Judging by the loading screen and the format, I believe this runs on an android software, but forgive me if I am mistaken.

When on the settings screen, and hovering over the Wifi, we have selected the "off" button and pressed the ok button. We see the message "Wifi is turning on". After a few minutes, still nothing has happened so I have tried other methods. I've tried using the cursor and manually clicking the off button, to which this time it switches to on, but the message remains the same "Wifi is turning on".

Finally, I have tried using the widget on the home screen and manually using the cursor to click this one too, but it only lights up for a brief second before going off again. All the others (GPS, Brightness etc) turn on and stay on, but this one won't.

I know from past experience that some things take time, especially Wifi, but the time this takes is almost absurd. I've watched a couple Youtube videos and theirs seem to turn on in a matter of seconds.

Is this simply a case that for the first time we're not waiting long enough? It is apparent that when my dad bought this product, he bought 4 others with 4 friends and they're all having issues too. But I've not heard feedback from them yet.

Do we have a dodgy batch and should request an exchange/refund, or are we all simply being too impatient.

I assume once Wifi is on, we never need turn it off, or at least on each time we load up?

Cheers in advance!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Since this is an issue with the device itself rather than with the XBMC media center application (which, I take it, is not installed on it), you'd be better off seeking help from the vendor, manufacturer or support forum for this piece of hardware.
(2013-08-17, 14:22)IQ sub 100 Wrote: Hello,

I've come home to my parents place to find that my dad has bought a "G-Box Midnight MX2" but is having issues with it.

I've never seen the product before, but at least thought that with the small computing knowledge that I have that I could work out how to turn the bloody Wifi on. However I'm stuck in the same position as him, and am increasingly beginning to think my IQ is getting lower every time I try to get it to work.

Judging by the loading screen and the format, I believe this runs on an android software, but forgive me if I am mistaken.

When on the settings screen, and hovering over the Wifi, we have selected the "off" button and pressed the ok button. We see the message "Wifi is turning on". After a few minutes, still nothing has happened so I have tried other methods. I've tried using the cursor and manually clicking the off button, to which this time it switches to on, but the message remains the same "Wifi is turning on".

Finally, I have tried using the widget on the home screen and manually using the cursor to click this one too, but it only lights up for a brief second before going off again. All the others (GPS, Brightness etc) turn on and stay on, but this one won't.

I know from past experience that some things take time, especially Wifi, but the time this takes is almost absurd. I've watched a couple Youtube videos and theirs seem to turn on in a matter of seconds.

Is this simply a case that for the first time we're not waiting long enough? It is apparent that when my dad bought this product, he bought 4 others with 4 friends and they're all having issues too. But I've not heard feedback from them yet.

Do we have a dodgy batch and should request an exchange/refund, or are we all simply being too impatient.

I assume once Wifi is on, we never need turn it off, or at least on each time we load up?

Cheers in advance!

Have you tried this:
1. Turn off your TV
2. Plug in your Gbox
3. Plug in the HDMI cable with the tv turned off
4. Turn your TV on and check if wifi works! Smile
I only had to do this once and after it started connecting to wifi by itself Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wifi won't turn on0