Linux LogindUPowerSyscall.cpp:282: error
lol - it was late yesterday. I changed the patch.

use the proper concatenation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
sorry to say but the compile still failes :-(
http://pastebin.com/kuPrkvH9
Quote: DBUS: Yes

Sure the patch is applied? Btw. the problem here is that fedora / some others don't inlude those DBUS_TYPE_UNIX_FD defines.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If nothing helps uninstall the libdbus devel package, if then configure complains you have another problem.
@Fritsch: you were right, of course. I did NOT apply you first patch correctly:

Code:
--- a/xbmc/system.h
+++ b/xbmc/system.h
@@ -165,7 +165,7 @@
#define HAS_ZEROCONF
#define HAS_AVAHI
#endif
-#ifdef HAVE_DBUS
+#if defined(HAVE_DBUS) && defined(DBUS_TYPE_UNIX_FD)
#define HAS_DBUS
#endif
#define HAS_GL

Now the compile is working again!!! Thank you very much. I will apply this patch before each compile or do you think this will be "fixed" in git?
Thank you again!
Thank you!! It's working with first patch.
Not sure where this bug is. Your distribution bumped their version / dependency, but not adding that field - that sucks
Btw @fritsch. I do not use Fedora but Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop 64 bit. Just to make sure ;-)
Then we need a libdbus-dev version dependency.
Is this the same as libdbus-1-dev because thats all I could find in Ubuntu.
And another question: could it be that your patch breaks the shutdown of XBMC. Now when I press shutdown in XBMC it just returns to Ubuntu Desktop and the system does not shutdown anymore. Or is this unrelated?

Thank you again... Martin
Yes - it makes it compile, it patches out Upower functionality :-) - it is a workaround for getting it build. Nothing more, cause of this - I did not send it somewhere upstream.
The second patch I made was better - but can't remember it.

Go directly into LogindUPowerSyscall.cpp

and check directlry before the appearance of the file

Something like this: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6018070/

I think you get the idea (sorry, really in a hurry).
trying out your new patch as I write this..... :-)
So: the new patch worked great. Compile went trough without the old patch being applied.
That was planned, yes :-) I replaced the patch on the other side. Only this second is needed to get it compiled.
Shutdown is now also working again. GREAT!!!
Thank you again fritsch...

PS: are you aware of any complications that will arise because of this patch (like the shutdown problem before) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LogindUPowerSyscall.cpp:282: error1