Win XBMC Subtitles out of sync
For some reason the subtitles on my shows have been going out of sync heavily in xbmc, yet when I view the same shows in VLC media player, the subtitles are completely in sync.
When I am watching a video, the subtitles will show up and disappear before the person even begins to speak the part that it is showing. Is there any way to fix this issue so I can sync the subtitles back up in xbmc?
Me too. It doesn't matter which subtitles I choose, they get more and more out of sync. They show up more than the 10 second limit late, so fine adjustments don't work.
Does this happen with integrated/softcoded subtitles? Debug logs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
I don't know what "integrated/softcoded subtitles" are.

Nevertheless, I believe I discovered the problem. It occurs when PAL video is matched with NTSC subtitles or vice versa because the framerates don't match. The only solution I could find was downloading a free program called Aegisub.

Open your .srt file with Aegisub
Go to File, then Export Subtitles
In the Filters box, check "Transform Framerate"
Change "Input framerate" to 25
Output should remain Constant: 23.976
Click Export

It's a tedious process, especially when dealing with a lot of files, but it worked for me.
Isn't there some add-on or option to "transcode" subtitle streams? I guess this would require the user to input both origin framerate and "new" framerate - but I don't see why this shouldn't be possible. Keeping it in sync throughout a video would of course be on the premise of constant framerate, but the basic principle is simple math as long as you know the framerate matching the original timestamps. The timstamping for both start and end of displaytime is right there in cleartext. Just a shame .srt 's doesn't have a framerate tag - could have simplifed a lot of subs/video compatability.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Subtitles out of sync0