• 1(current)
XBMC app for/by Ouya released
Downloading Smile
(2013-08-21, 01:34)tennisbgc Wrote: Downloading Smile

Let me clarify that. This is NOT an official XBMC app.
It is custom made for them by Koying but should not be considered as an official release.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Nice!
It still doesn't look like they addressed the key-mapping issues for using the controller. So, what does this offer that the libstagefright alpha 1 doesn't?
https://github.com/ouya/xbmc/commits/master
D/Led an hour ago. I quess I need to uninstall Frodo 12.2 before I start setting this one up or will it matter other than taking up space?
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
XBMC can read my files from SMB but it wont play them.

Is anyone having the same issue?
(2013-08-21, 04:49)jplages Wrote: XBMC can read my files from SMB but it wont play them.

Is anyone having the same issue?

my smb shares are playing fine
Works rather stable (mostly the same as the usual test builds) with the exception of subtitles. Only tested ass subs (animes) but they tend to start with a semicolon (,) for no reason and ignore the timing (the don't disappear expect when overwritten by the next line... should be a little error in the parser somewhere).
Only thing after this would be button mappings, it is somewhat strange that so much is unused, but as long as I can control everything I should not complain I guess...

All in all good job! THANKS!
As Martijn said, this is an unofficial build, so rather be out of the XBMC forums.
As OUYA do not have user forums, the closest you can get is http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?5966...-OUYA-Inc/
(2013-08-21, 13:24)Koying Wrote: As Martijn said, this is an unofficial build, so rather be out of the XBMC forums.
As OUYA do not have user forums, the closest you can get is http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?5966...-OUYA-Inc/

It's no different than Raspbmc, OpenELEC, Xbian, GeeXBox, and all the other unofficial XBMC builds with cherry-picked code. Even the wiki has OUYA pages, and they will be updated to recommend using this build. The forums have long supported discussion for unofficial builds.

Also, OUYA's forum sucks..
This is what I've waited for so long, and why I bought an Ouya in the first place.
Gonna try it as soon as possible.
(2013-08-21, 18:04)Ned Scott Wrote: Also, OUYA's forum sucks..
Well, they don't have forums. What they have is supposed to be for devs Wink
Koying, will you be following and supporting the ouyaforum.com/XBMC forum?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that you are. I just happened to read this email notification before I got the one from ouyaforum.com.
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-08-21, 13:17)schuschu Wrote: Works rather stable (mostly the same as the usual test builds) with the exception of subtitles. Only tested ass subs (animes) but they tend to start with a semicolon (,) for no reason and ignore the timing (the don't disappear expect when overwritten by the next line... should be a little error in the parser somewhere).

Thanks for this. Was considering to switch and test it out, but I'll hold off for now! No point for me with ass subs not working.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC app for/by Ouya released4