Release Minime, a simple skin
Looking good.

A Few bugs I have noticed:
No background for Music, Picture, Other...
In music the side bar menu does not disappear when not in library mode
If I hit Esc it wont back out of the folder but instead goes home
When the backgrounds fade in sometimes they do sometimes they don't and it happens randomly
Your blue option does not seem to work, it just goes back to default.

Those are the only ones I have notice so far. I hope you can get them all fixed, I would really like to use this skin, its very nice.
Thanks again poplap for your feedback

The skin only works in library mode, i didn't test it in files mode but i will.
For the backgrounds i will put some fallback pictures .You can actually customize the backgrounds for pictures (if you don't have the mypicsdb addon) and videos menu.
For the blue option, it's strange it works for me on my test pc and my rpi. I will have a look.
thanks
That is odd...

mypicsdb fails for me so I will have to investigate that one.

Oh a few more bugs :S :

The weather background doesn't load until i visit weather.
Also it might be good to have a program home menu (at least i do not see one)
date and time still overflow a little on the weather homepage (home menu)

Also I would think it would be cool if it could have the option to pin some addons to the home, thats one of the reasons for me not really moving form confluence skin, makes it a little easy to reach my top addons (mostly video). Would be nice but if you don't want to do that, thats ok.

Cant wait for it to be finished and use it on my Rpi Smile
Got the same problem for refresh weather, i will investigate
you can find the programs under the 'other' home menu (press up on 'other' menu)
date and time overflow : is it the date and time of the last weather update or current date and time ?
For the addons shortcuts on the home i'm currently working on a home menu who will present differents stats from the library. i think i could add some custom shortcut for playlists, addons or programs

for your mypicsdb problem, don't hesitate to post errors, if i can help...

Thanks
Ok the other menu thing is awesome... One thing though, when the menu vanishes there is text in the background that fades out, says "Season episode"
The time and date is on the weather update...
I like the home menu idea, sounds great.

here is the error from mypicsdb
13:37:53 T:12320 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:37:54 T:12320 NOTICE: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 86 in default.py object Main.get_args >> MyPicturesDB plugin called :
13:37:54 T:12320 NOTICE: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 87 in default.py object Main.get_args >> sys.argv[0] = plugin.image.mypicsdb
13:37:54 T:12320 NOTICE: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 88 in default.py object Main.get_args >> sys.argv[2] = ?action='setproperties'&method='Latest'&sort='Shooted'&limit=10
13:37:54 T:12320 ERROR: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 264 in dbabstractionlayer.py object Database abstraction layer >> The request failed :
13:37:54 T:12320 ERROR: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 265 in dbabstractionlayer.py object Database abstraction layer >> <type 'exceptions.Exception'> - no such table: Files
13:37:54 T:12320 ERROR: [plugin.image.mypicsdb] line 269 in dbabstractionlayer.py object Database abstraction layer >> SQL > SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Files WHERE ImageDateTime IS NOT NULL
13:37:54 T:12320 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb\default.py", line 1686, in <module>
m.set_properties()
File "C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.image.mypicsdb\default.py", line 1187, in set_properties
Count = MPDB.cur.request( """SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Files WHERE ImageDateTime IS NOT NULL""" )[0]
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
13:37:54 T:11780 ERROR: Control 402 in window 10107 has been asked to focus, but it can't
Beta 5 available

- Weather problem fixed
- some others bugs fixed
- Add new Home menu screen : it is based on add-on skin.widget : be sure to activate the recommended option. the home screen show recommended and last added movie, tv show and music album.

@ poplap : your mypicsdb problem seem to be that you don't have any pictures in your database (or any of your pictures have date/time properties). Is the addon is properly configured ? (check if you have some folder configured and have run a scan)

Remember : this skin is still WIP.

Thanks
Looks good, Still not getting background images for Music or Other...

I like the Home Screen. looks nice.

Derp ya now mypicsdb is working XP
settings for backgrounds images will be on the next release.
The Home screen was a first shot, i have some ideas to complete it

cool for mypicsdb, i hope you're enjoy your last pictures on the home screen ! Smile

thanks again for your feedback poplap !
Beta 6 avalaible
Download
Home screen completed with now playing
Custom backgrounds images for home screen, others and music completed
Thanks
is it full hd skin?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Sorry, only 720p for now
Looks good.

Bugs:
Im still not getting any background for music nor other
I dont know if this is meant to be like this but when in the menu with large icons like other the one that is selected disappears

Also it might be a good idea to give the option to turn off menus, for example I never use Pictures menu when its on my Rpi, just a thought

Cant wait for it to be 100%
(2013-09-18, 03:55)poplap Wrote: Looks good.

Bugs:
Im still not getting any background for music nor other
there is no backgrounds by default for music and other menu.
music backgrounds works like movies backgrounds : it show fanarts of the last added items in library.
but you can provide a folder with your fanarts for the home and other menus in the skin parameters.

(2013-09-18, 03:55)poplap Wrote: I dont know if this is meant to be like this but when in the menu with large icons like other the one that is selected disappears
I think you're talking about the extrafanart view : yes it works like this : when you're stop browsing items, a slideshow appears with extrafanart of the selected item (you must have an extrafanart subfolder in each folder) This view is reserved for movies or artists browsing (in library mode).

(2013-09-18, 03:55)poplap Wrote: Also it might be a good idea to give the option to turn off menus, for example I never use Pictures menu when its on my Rpi, just a thought
Sure, i will rework the parameters skin screen to made it simple and to add some new options like this.

(2013-09-18, 03:55)poplap Wrote: Cant wait for it to be 100%
me too Big Grin

Thanks
(2013-09-18, 09:45)LauDela Wrote: there is no backgrounds by default for music and other menu.
music backgrounds works like movies backgrounds : it show fanarts of the last added items in library.
but you can provide a folder with your fanarts for the home and other menus in the skin parameters.
That sounds good but the problem is that I'm not getting any background for music even with my collection added. But I do have to say that it probably would be a good idea to have default background so it looks a little more complete, just my .2 cents

(2013-09-18, 09:45)LauDela Wrote: I think you're talking about the extrafanart view : yes it works like this : when you're stop browsing items, a slideshow appears with extrafanart of the selected item (you must have an extrafanart subfolder in each folder) This view is reserved for movies or artists browsing (in library mode).
Not exactly, sorry guess I wasn't clear enough, when I'm in the other menu for example as I'm scrolling through the options the one that is selected (or highlighted, dont know the term) vanishes, the text changes but the icon goes away. Like I said I don't know if this is intentional or not.

(2013-09-18, 09:45)LauDela Wrote: Sure, i will rework the parameters skin screen to made it simple and to add some new options like this.
Thank you very much Smile
(2013-09-20, 00:57)poplap Wrote: That sounds good but the problem is that I'm not getting any background for music even with my collection added. But I do have to say that it probably would be a good idea to have default background so it looks a little more complete, just my .2 cents

Did you have the service.skin.widgets installed ? the home screens are based on this addon.
(2013-09-20, 00:57)poplap Wrote: Not exactly, sorry guess I wasn't clear enough, when I'm in the other menu for example as I'm scrolling through the options the one that is selected (or highlighted, dont know the term) vanishes, the text changes but the icon goes away. Like I said I don't know if this is intentional or not.

Sure it's not intentional. The selected item must have a blue or orange color. It depend on the theme color you choose in the theme config. Try to change this to see if it resolve the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minime, a simple skin3