XBMC UPNP
Hi, why is it i need to reboot/rerun XBMC whenever i add a new file to my media server? It seems silly it caches the directory listing when its clear new files could be added at any time. Is there a setting i can change to stop this from happening so every time i open the upnp share it asks for the file list again?
XBMC -> Settings/Services/UPnP (wiki) -> enable "Announce library updates via UPnP"
Surely that is for the xbmc media server? I'm using ps3 media server
In that case, see if there is such a setting in PS3 Media Server. XBMC is able to detect changes in a UPnP server without quiting XBMC.
I looked but didn't find this option. Is there a way to get xbmc to get a new listing every time regardless?
I have the same problem. I have two upnp servers, one is Synlogy NAS, another is minidlna on raspbian.
My XBMC on Raspberry can see all the files nicely, sometimes also updates to those servers are ok on XBMC, but after 1-2 days it starts to show old content, files that don't exist anymore and new files are not shown. All other upnp players (on windows, android, ios) can see all updates correctly, it is just xbmc upnp client that does not update view. When I reboot it, all is fine.
Any ideas ?
One thing which I realized - my XBMC runs 24/7 while all those other players are started and stopped, could that be a clue ?
(2013-10-24, 18:13)marosg Wrote: One thing which I realized - my XBMC runs 24/7 while all those other players are started and stopped, could that be a clue ?

Yes, that would be similar to your starting/stopping your XBMC system everyday.
Tongue 
(2013-10-25, 06:46)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-10-24, 18:13)marosg Wrote: One thing which I realized - my XBMC runs 24/7 while all those other players are started and stopped, could that be a clue ?

Yes, that would be similar to your starting/stopping your XBMC system everyday.
Yes,that is clear. But that also means XBMC upnp client has some problem which appears after 1-2 days. I saw this behaviour also today. On top of not showing right content of directories I saw that xbmc did not show in the list of my upnp renderers. After a reboot,both problems solved.
Is there any command in Linux which would restart/reinitialize upnp client ? Besides sudo reboot Wink
Why not just restart xbmc instead of a full reboot?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC UPNP0