"Cancel" & "Done" keys on virtual keyboard
There is no "Cancel" key on the virtual keyboard, is this by design? I have found that depending on how the remote is mapped the return and exit keys are often mapped to backspace and no matter what happens the virtual keyboard remains on the screen and cannot be remove unless xbmc is restarted.

also, depending on where one is in the application the "DONE" key is in different locations.
Using default keymapings, it should always be possible to close the virtual keyboard. "Done" and "Cancel" would basically mean the same thing in context to the virtual keyboard, as both would simply mean you were done using the virtual keyboard. I've never seen "Done" move somewhere else on the virtual keyboard in Confluence (the default skin).
it is always possible to to select "Done" to close the virtual keyboard, correct. But if you modified any of the information (incorrectly) those changes take affect and you end up re-typing the info. would be nice to just select cancel and re-enter with the previous settings.

I have to search to if i can find where the "done" is in a different spot. No using the default skin, using Xeon Nox
You can map a remote button to the Close function. It can be used to not only close the virtual keyboard, but also various dialog pop-ups and OSDs.
(2013-08-28, 02:12)artrafael Wrote: You can map a remote button to the Close function. It can be used to not only close the virtual keyboard, but also various dialog pop-ups and OSDs.

I guess, that should get around the problem when it happens. But, that negates that the remote exit and return buttons which i would assume perform the same function. Not a deal breaker, just should be a little more intuitive in my opinion.
(2013-08-29, 18:02)ylafont Wrote: But, that negates that the remote exit and return buttons which i would assume perform the same function.

No different than the Backspace and Escape keys on a standard keyboard: they don't negate each other nor do they perform the same function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Cancel" & "Done" keys on virtual keyboard0