Gotham installation ...
Wink 
Hello,

I would like to try Gotham, but I already have Frodo 12.2 installed. I also am using the Wizard Hub Edition and I have read that there is now a dispute between XBMC.org and the Hub Wizard Plug-in Add-ons people. ... So my question(s) are as follows:

1. Can I install Gotham directly over Frodo 12.2, or do I need to uninstall Frodo first?

2. What repository do I need to delete to get rid of the Wizard Hub Edition and Spam on any edition of XBMC?

Thank you for this amazing program!!!
You can install Gotham over Frodo. If you want to get rid of the evil remains of Wizard Hub thingy I suggest you delete your user's XBMC directory. It's location is %appdata%\XBMC\

You WILL lose all settings, addons etc by deleting that directory.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You can use add-ons from there without using the Wizard add-on, just so you know. Also, while there is somewhat of a dispute between the two groups, the reason you shouldn't use the Wizard add-on is more because it generically sets up advanced settings that should only be set in certain situations, and if you know what the setting does. If not, it can crash, etc. Also, to get rid of the changed background image.
Wink 
(2013-08-28, 11:37)nickr Wrote: You can install Gotham over Frodo. If you want to get rid of the evil remains of Wizard Hub thingy I suggest you delete your user's XBMC directory. It's location is %appdata%\XBMC\

You WILL lose all settings, addons etc by deleting that directory.

So I think that it would be best for me to uninstall Frodo and cleanly install Gotham, since I will lose all of my settings anyway. Thanks Nickr!

(2013-08-28, 11:50)Ned Scott Wrote: You can use add-ons from there without using the Wizard add-on, just so you know. Also, while there is somewhat of a dispute between the two groups, the reason you shouldn't use the Wizard add-on is more because it generically sets up advanced settings that should only be set in certain situations, and if you know what the setting does. If not, it can crash, etc. Also, to get rid of the changed background image.

Thank you Ned. I understand totally. I will remove the Wizard add-on and setup my plug-ins manually. Cool
Rainbow 
Success! I have brought back the original Frodo 12.2 Edition with complete success. I had one problem with the movie icon database, but after a little thought I found the database files hiding in the Roaming folder and deleted three .db files and re-scanned. Everything is working perfectly now! All of my plug-ins are back! ...

Bring on Gotham 13, Alpha 7! I am ready! Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham installation ...0