Songs clipped on DTS music playlist
This is the log file: Pastebin XBMC DTS Playlist clipping

When playing DTS muisic files (WAV wrapped) they play fine if played each one individually.
When enqueued to a playlist the songs get clipped on their last seconds before moving on to the next song in the playlist.

In the submitted log I do the following:

1. Play one song stand alone (Marillion- Lords of the Backstage.wav lenght 1:52)
The song is played fine
2. Play the same song again and enqueue another song (Marillion - Lavender.wav)
The song plays up to time 1:37, then 5 seconds of silence and then moves on to the next song

This I did for the sake of the log file, the clipping occurs on any DTS playlist in between songs,
I wish this was corrected in the future, since I preffer not to resource to external players to lisen to my DTS music and listen to it from within XBMC

Settings:
DTS passthrough enabled.
Audio output HDMI
Audio output device DIrectsound
Passthrough output device Directsound
(Tried WASAPI device and it has the same behavior)

Note: When DTS passthrough is disabled this does not occur, the songs are crossfaded. I tried the passthrough setting with crossfading OFF and still the described clipping occurs.
Have you tried disabling cross fade? DTS is a passthrough format so it's not possible to do mixing on the audio stream without 1st decoding to LPCM.
jjd-uk, yes I tried that, see the Note in my post. What you say about crossfading and passthrough is right,
Thie problem I described, has no conection (apparently) wiht the crossfade setting, it occurs regardless of crossfading being OFF or any other value. The relevant setting seems to be DTS passthrough (a.k.a "DTS capable receiver") and playing more than one DTS WAV file in a playlist. It might be happening with others music formats as well, but unfortunately I don't have music any other passthrough formats to test it.

My guess is that DTS was tested mainly regading Movie files with DTS 5.1 sound, where most probably there was no playlist, and even if there was a playlist nobody could have noticed a few seconds clipped form the end (I doubt someone kept watching all the movie credits till the end). So I am not surprised this problem did not surface, now that it is reported, I hope a fix xan be pushed in a future XBMC release, for the sake of music lovers
Unfortunately audio has suffered a lot of growing pains in the last 12 months.

DTS WAV has certainly worked in the past releases (Eden & prior), however Frodo contained a new audio core built from scratch and it's proved to be difficult to squash all the bugs and regressions.
Mistakes were made so the audio core has had to be rewritten and is currently under test for inclusion in Gotham and already we are seeing big improvements, so there's a good chance this will be fixed in Gotham.
Thx, I will wait for Gotham then to try it again.
Just thought, the problem might only be with the music playback engine known as PAPlayer, however you can switch to video playback engine DVDPlayer by opening the Context Menu and selecting "Play using", you might have better luck with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Songs clipped on DTS music playlist0