Dual Hdmi/audio issue
I have a video card with a hdmi out and Displayport out but bought a displayport to hdmi adapter for that port. I have my computer moniter in the one slot and want to hook up my tv in other port. I mirrored my desktop to show on my monitor and tv. The issue I'm having is I can't get audio from my tv with this set up unless I just unplug my computer monitor and plug in the tv but I don't want to do that, I want to run both at same time for less hassle. I can get audio through my pc speakers with this set up but my pc is in another room.

How do I get audio to go to my tv in xbmc with a dual hdmi set up?
This is a hardware/driver issue and you don't mention the type of hardware. If it's an ATI card under sound you should have the ability to specify different playback devices although in my experience, it will be either the TV or PC that carries the sound not both. I'm not sure the display port converter you have passes through the audio, HDMI cables do by default, so you might want to swtich cables and see if you can get some success... also note the audio configuration in XBMC and set it up appropriately http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Hdmi/audio issue0