• 2(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
There haven't been any new changes to trakt.tv in current 1.4 build yet - so no changes in that area there - I'm looking into personal list feature at the moment...
(2013-08-31, 21:51)m.savazzi Wrote: If you want more poster you have to enable the other image scrapers.

I check out your skydrive and found a new version with time stamp 2013.08.31 22:51
Now I get a lot of scrapers to select from, earlier only IMDB and FANART.TV in image section Big Grin
Can you please have a revision number on the download so we easier can track what version we running

So here is a new report coming
Opening some of previous movies with missing fanart and in the edit window I select the fanart tab, scrap for fanart, select one and it shows up in the edit window but it doesn't get saved, same fore posters. If I rescrape (ctrl+i) the hole movie and selects the same artwork they get saved fine
(2013-09-01, 10:44)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2013-08-31, 21:51)m.savazzi Wrote: If you want more poster you have to enable the other image scrapers.

I check out your skydrive and found a new version with time stamp 2013.08.31 22:51
Now I get a lot of scrapers to select from, earlier only IMDB and FANART.TV in image section Big Grin
Can you please have a revision number on the download so we easier can track what version we running

So here is a new report coming
Opening some of previous movies with missing fanart and in the edit window I select the fanart tab, scrap for fanart, select one and it shows up in the edit window but it doesn't get saved, same fore posters. If I rescrape (ctrl+i) the hole movie and selects the same artwork they get saved fine

I will try to keep only one version at the time in the folder to avoid issues. As said DanCooper will create the official ones so I cannot change the version number.
in any case there is the date,in the file name.

for the scraping it looks like is a bug.... I will check it.
One more issue

Movies with part 1 in the title
Example:
Folder --The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
Files------------The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 cd1.avi
Files------------The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 cd2.avi

result of scraping is that both Part 1 and cd# is removed
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn -.nfo
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn --fanart.jpg
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn --poster.jpg

Was working in 1.3.x
I downloaded this for testing it out. I am having the same problem T-bird_se as for scrapping just the poster or fanart under the opened title versus the whole scrape.

I also have a problem where when I first installed it, it did not find the posters for any of the movies that I had. I am having to go back and add them back in one at a time. the posters are in the folder, all I have to do is to choice it using the local browser. filename is right and matches the settings.
(2013-09-01, 13:33)T-bird_se Wrote: One more issue

Movies with part 1 in the title
Example:
Files------------The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 cd1.avi
Files------------The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 cd2.avi

result of scraping is that both Part 1 and cd# is removed
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn -.nfo
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn --fanart.jpg
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn --poster.jpg

Was working in 1.3.x

Nice catch Smile

Can you tell me which is the correct name for XBMC?

should it be:
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn-fanart.jpg

or
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 cd1-fanart.jpg
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 cd2-fanart.jpg

from my understanding of the naming convention your naming is not fully correct as the folder name and file names are different. shouldn't it be like this?
Files------------The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011) cd1.avi
Files------------The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011) cd2.avi

(2013-09-01, 15:22)ZacGates Wrote: I downloaded this for testing it out. I am having the same problem T-bird_se as for scrapping just the poster or fanart under the opened title versus the whole scrape.

looking into it... it was working....

(2013-09-01, 15:22)ZacGates Wrote: I also have a problem where when I first installed it, it did not find the posters for any of the movies that I had. I am having to go back and add them back in one at a time. the posters are in the folder, all I have to do is to choice it using the local browser. filename is right and matches the settings.

Can you provide more details? It always finds my content (as I wrote very often I start from a clean setup, from the wizard, and it simply finds all the files)
(apart the bug on the part1... but was present already in 1.3)
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-09-01, 15:42)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 15:22)ZacGates Wrote: I also have a problem where when I first installed it, it did not find the posters for any of the movies that I had. I am having to go back and add them back in one at a time. the posters are in the folder, all I have to do is to choice it using the local browser. filename is right and matches the settings.

Can you provide more details? It always finds my content (as I wrote very often I start from a clean setup, from the wizard, and it simply finds all the files)
(apart the bug on the part1... but was present already in 1.3)

I installed 1.4 beta into its own folder and ran it (1.3 was not in the same folder) After running the program in picked all the locations for the movies & TV series. It then goes through and says its adding all the movies, but once it came up everything was there except the posters. Not a single move had its poster there. When I went into the folder the movie poster was there, but the list did not show it.

The settings have it as <movie>-poster.jpg. The setting under 1.3 was the same.

When I looked in the folder for Walking Tall (2004) I see Walking.Tall.2004.720p.BrRip.x264-poster.jpg. If I edit the movie and browse and pick that file then the poster displays. If I go back to the same folder there is not any addition file and the poster is still called the same thing.

Also another problem I found. I can scrape a trailer using ctrl-I but if I edit the movie the PLUS symbol that I use to click on to add a trailer is shaded out and I can not click on it to add one in.
(2013-09-01, 16:18)ZacGates Wrote: The settings have it as <movie>-poster.jpg. The setting under 1.3 was the same.

When I looked in the folder for Walking Tall (2004) I see Walking.Tall.2004.720p.BrRip.x264-poster.jpg. If I edit the movie and browse and pick that file then the poster displays. If I go back to the same folder there is not any addition file and the poster is still called the same thing.

Can you give me the exact names, folder and files? before and after?

(2013-09-01, 16:18)ZacGates Wrote: Also another problem I found. I can scrape a trailer using ctrl-I but if I edit the movie the PLUS symbol that I use to click on to add a trailer is shaded out and I can not click on it to add one in.

Can you give me your settings?
It's so simple is weird is a bug.

Maybe the bug is where you scrape the trailers even if you should not Smile

I need your settings / advanced settings files or a screenshot on where trailers is globally enabled or not as well as the trailer scrapers

(2013-09-01, 15:42)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 15:22)ZacGates Wrote: I downloaded this for testing it out. I am having the same problem T-bird_se as for scrapping just the poster or fanart under the opened title versus the whole scrape.

looking into it... it was working....

Fixed
Since I have already update the title above, I will use one that I have not changed yet.

here are the files in the folder "Godsend (2004)"
Godsend-(2004).avi
Godsend-(2004).fanart.jpg
Godsend-(2004)-poster.jpg
Godsend-(2004).nfo
Godsend-(2004)-fanart.jpg
Godsend-(2004)-trailer.mp4
movie.nfo
movie.tbn

Folders instide the "Godsend (2004)"
.actors
extrathumbs

The dates on the files are all 7/2/2013

Now I will add the poster back in by choosing the folder has the same files in it.

Godsend-(2004).avi
Godsend-(2004).nfo
movie.nfo
movie.tbn

However the dates for the following changed to 9/1/2013

Godsend-(2004).nfo
(2013-09-01, 16:28)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 16:18)ZacGates Wrote: Also another problem I found. I can scrape a trailer using ctrl-I but if I edit the movie the PLUS symbol that I use to click on to add a trailer is shaded out and I can not click on it to add one in.

Can you give me your settings?
It's so simple is weird is a bug.

Maybe the bug is where you scrape the trailers even if you should not Smile

I need your settings / advanced settings files or a screenshot on where trailers is globally enabled or not as well as the trailer scrapers

Fixed
Here are my settings files

[m.savazzi]removed URLS as they have your own API Keys Smile
updated file in the share Smile

(2013-09-01, 16:43)ZacGates Wrote: Since I have already update the title above, I will use one that I have not changed yet.

here are the files in the folder "Godsend (2004)"
Godsend-(2004).avi
Godsend-(2004).nfo
movie.nfo
movie.tbn

Folders instide the "Godsend (2004)"
.actors
extrathumbs

The dates on the files are all 7/2/2013

Now I will add the poster back in by choosing the folder has the same files in it.

Godsend-(2004).avi
Godsend-(2004).nfo
movie.nfo
movie.tbn

However the dates for the following changed to 9/1/2013

Godsend-(2004).nfo

Can you please do a test where you remove the file .fanart?

It's very strange. Can you show me your settings? which format have you chosen?
Right now the setting for fanart is the -fanart.jpg the .fanart was what I had set it to when I first downloaded 1.3 and later changed it to -fanart to go along with XMBC. I can delete all the .fanarts if need be. The one I did that to had no effect at all on the poster not showing up.

I uploaded the 2 settings files that I would think would have m settings for it in one of them.
(2013-09-01, 17:25)ZacGates Wrote: Right now the setting for fanart is the -fanart.jpg the .fanart was what I had set it to when I first downloaded 1.3 and later changed it to -fanart to go along with XMBC. I can delete all the .fanarts if need be. The one I did that to had no effect at all on the poster not showing up.

I uploaded the 2 settings files that I would think would have m settings for it in one of them.

great, thank you for the willingness to test.

Is weird as on my computer all poster are detected correctly.

my structure is
folder: <movie name>
movie: <movie name>.ext
nfo: <movie name>.nfo
poster: <movie name>-poster.jpg
fanart: <movie name>-fanart.jpg

can you try to make a folder like mine and see if it works?

I tired to create a folder with all the files like yours and it simply works, everything is detected correctly for me, even one with exactly the same name Godsend-(2004) of yours
I even put in your own settings... it simply works and detects everything...

here the sequence:
I just downloaded the 9-1 version that you uploaded today with the fixes for the other stuff and when I did the same steps I did last time and now magically all the posters are there.

So what ever was changed in this new version corrected the posters not showing up,
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8