• 6(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
earlier versions reformated youtube links to the xbmc plugin format (plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=...). the 1.4 versions seem to not do that anymore. is it an option i'm missing, or a bug?
(2013-10-04, 23:32)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-10-04, 20:52)Buggle Wrote: Otherwise I'm wondering whether it is intentional for this new version to drop any support for TMDB without using an API? I do not feel like providing all my personal data (yeah, I could lie about that, but that's not the point), so have been happy to use tmbd_olympia in 1.3 up till recently. Might this have anything to do with the fact that scraping movies no longer works for me in 1.3?

Do not understand this... can you explain better?

M

found a bug on language settings on tvdb... looking to fix it
Sure.

in 1.3.0.x, in the settings one can use the XML scraper to get information on movies from tmdb. That one is called tmdb_olympia. In the new 1.4 versions, that option is no longer present. The only way to scrape from tmdb is if you have an API key.
But as this particular scraper stopped working anyway in 1.3.0.x (at least for me. The native scraper using imdb runs flawlessly), this does not matter.
(2013-10-05, 23:42)Buggle Wrote:
(2013-10-04, 23:32)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-10-04, 20:52)Buggle Wrote: Otherwise I'm wondering whether it is intentional for this new version to drop any support for TMDB without using an API? I do not feel like providing all my personal data (yeah, I could lie about that, but that's not the point), so have been happy to use tmbd_olympia in 1.3 up till recently. Might this have anything to do with the fact that scraping movies no longer works for me in 1.3?

Do not understand this... can you explain better?

M

found a bug on language settings on tvdb... looking to fix it
Sure.

in 1.3.0.x, in the settings one can use the XML scraper to get information on movies from tmdb. That one is called tmdb_olympia. In the new 1.4 versions, that option is no longer present. The only way to scrape from tmdb is if you have an API key.
But as this particular scraper stopped working anyway in 1.3.0.x (at least for me. The native scraper using imdb runs flawlessly), this does not matter.

Buggle,
as explained in the past the policy and rules of all the sites with API require that the API is requested from one guy and used in it's own program.
Due to the open source nature of Ember (everyone can read the code) we cannot request one API for everyone and just put it in the app so everyone has to request their own API from the sites.
This will avoid abuse / misuse of those APIs.

The are no privacy concerns as the requested information are really minimal

Also I think those sites are doing really a GREAT job so they deserve to get in contact (through account creation and API request) with the people that uses them.

Finally once I created my TVDB account I discovered is quite easy to push episode names translations and started helping the community in my (little) spare time.

If there is XBMC XML scraper that is using the APIs, is open source or readable, and does not require your own API key it is violating the T&C of the site.

Hoping this helps to clarify the approach we are following on the API sites.

Regarding XML scrapers... not sure we want to enable them back in the future due to the new structure of scrapers in 1.4... it could be VERY complex to manage
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
New version. All bug fixes from Dan + several other on TMDB and images.
(2013-10-06, 19:22)m.savazzi Wrote: New version. All bug fixes from Dan + several other on TMDB and images.

The file settings are not finished atm. I will upload the final code tomorrow on github. Atm you must manually set the file settings in settings to Frodo. The Frodo button in wizard and settings menu no longer working.
(2013-10-06, 20:39)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 19:22)m.savazzi Wrote: New version. All bug fixes from Dan + several other on TMDB and images.

The file settings are not finished atm. I will upload the final code tomorrow on github. Atm you must manually set the file settings in settings to Frodo. The Frodo button in wizard and settings menu no longer working.

Ops!

please fix it Smile

Also with last version I got couple of crashes on my "production" pc, non the dev one.

The stack dump reports a:
C.r.o.s.s.-.t.h.r.e.a.d.

No idea where.

Also the last version does NOT SAVE image or NFO (DanCoope?!?) <- found it is the Frodo advanced button issue.

Is not nice that if it is not set nothing is saved...
DanCooper,
the option for the small fanart is in?
(2013-10-07, 23:16)m.savazzi Wrote: DanCooper,
the option for the small fanart is in?

Yes, first settings screen (Options -> General -> Do not display small fanart).

(2013-10-07, 22:55)m.savazzi Wrote: Ops!

please fix it Smile

Also with last version I got couple of crashes on my "production" pc, non the dev one.

The stack dump reports a:
C.r.o.s.s.-.t.h.r.e.a.d.

No idea where.

Also the last version does NOT SAVE image or NFO (DanCoope?!?) <- found it is the Frodo advanced button issue.

Is not nice that if it is not set nothing is saved...

I'm done until Tuesday evening.
Sorry for that Big Grin
Update on GitHub:

XBMC Frodo/Eden:
NFO - works
Poster - works
Fanart - works
Actor Thumbs - works -> now the images are downloaded only when confirming the editor window (we will need a progress bar)
Trailer - not 100% -> The trailer should be loaded only when the edit window is confirmed (I'm working on)

YAMJ:
NFO - works
Poster - works
Fanart - works
Trailer - not 100% -> The trailer should be loaded only when the edit window is confirmed (I'm working on)

I'm not sure how the files must be named for YAMJ with "VIDEO_TS without VIDEO_TS-folder". Is anyone familiar?
Do I have to get an api key for fanart.tv to work?
(2013-10-10, 21:56)TeKo Wrote: Do I have to get an api key for fanart.tv to work?

yes
Is this how its supposed to work? Normally the dev would get a key for the program so its the same key for everyone and not one for every user.
you can request one yourself - just explain you want to use it for your personal EMM installation.
(2013-10-10, 23:49)TeKo Wrote: Is this how its supposed to work? Normally the dev would get a key for the program so its the same key for everyone and not one for every user.

At the moment I think everybody must use their own API Key - BUT Dan and myself contacted different people from scraper sites like fanart.tv and TMDB and trakt.tv and they provided us with new "global" API Keys we can integrate in our Ember scrapers, look here:

(2013-09-27, 12:15)DanCooper Wrote: get a new tvdb API key: done!
get a new fanart.tv API key: done!

So I think in future there's no need to set up your own key, at least for that 3 sites I mentioned...
Hello, I have a few questions regarding Ember Media Manager and don´t want to make a new topic Big Grin
1. How can I use version 1.4 with Settings from 1.3.x? Ist this possible?
2. After exporting my media via export_movies.xml I can´t figure out how to get this information into XBMC Media Center so that XBMC uses the data scraped by ember and not scraping again? Is this even the right way via this xml?

Thx in advance Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8