Failed to start common plugin cache
Hi.

XBMC 13 Gotham alpha10 with Odroid U2 Android.

I have installed the Youtube plugin and it works now. But i still get the message Failed to start commoncache.
I thought this problem was fixed or have I misunderstood something?

regards
I have the same error and a bunch of utilities also failing (metahandler, urlresolver, t0mcommon, etc). I this this is related to python versions and locale bug and might be fixed over time.

I do think if these were fixed sooner than later, a lot more people would jump on gotham and we would have better support in reporting bugs etc to get this version stable.

Nonetheless, awesome job by xbmc guys. Keep up the good work.
(2013-12-11, 20:17)hindibuff Wrote: I have the same error and a bunch of utilities also failing (metahandler, urlresolver, t0mcommon, etc). I this this is related to python versions and locale bug and might be fixed over time.
The others are just dependency failures, because they were build for an older python version. Just keep them enabled if asked, these work fine and you will be asked only once. Nothing serious, the one who made the plugin just needs to update it to include the new python version. If you disabled them then you have to reenable them, otherwise all the dependent plugins also fail.

Commoncache is very different, it just fails and caches nothing. The dependent plugins (YouTube) work, but I guess they have to fetch data all the time because the cache does not work.
Thanks pe1dnn. That sure helps and I did notice that everything works but the errors pop up all the time. I do restart xbmc from time to time and I guess they start popping up all over again. Just an annoyance, is all. Once the utilities fail, the add-ons also show up with errors. Seems like a mess for now. I have reverted back to a pre-oct 15th gotham build that does not include the python 2.2 limitation.

Hoping the devs will get to resolve these soon so we can keep up with the latest releases and bug fixes. Stuck otherwise!!
I'm running Gotham Alpha 10 and still get the common plugin cache error when youtube is installed.

I can still use the addon but doesn't having cache working make things better?

Is there a way to fix this manually...I don't mind going in and editing files.

thanks,
Strange but I installed gotham on my nexus 7 tablet and I don't have commoncache errors, but I still do on my google box running same version. I even copied the commoncahce folder over to the googlebox but that didn't fix it.

Don't think this is related to all hardware, maybe some.
(2013-12-17, 17:24)remylafontaine Wrote: I'm running Gotham Alpha 10 and still get the common plugin cache error when youtube is installed.

I can still use the addon but doesn't having cache working make things better?

Is there a way to fix this manually...I don't mind going in and editing files.

thanks,

I've got the same symptoms. If I set the commoncache plugin not to load until required, it triggers when the YouTube plugin is loaded.

I've uploaded a log from my system (Galaxy S3 i9300) with the plugin set to load when XBMC starts. I just load XBMC, see the error popup ("Failed to start commoncache. Check log.") and run the XBMC log uploader.

It's a clean install of a Gotham Alpha from the past 2 or 3 days with data/cache wiped from Application Manager and only the YouTube plugin and log uploader added, commoncache debugging enabled and system debugging enabled. The log file is at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=105479

At some point in the past (maybe a few weeks ago?), it was not giving an error message. I'm not sure if it was a plugin update that caused the issue, or an updated alpha. There's an issue with both forms of hardware accelerated video decoding on the i9300, so I've been updating alphas regularly to see if it's fixed.
Is there any extra information that I could provide on top of the above log to help track the issue down?
Same here, running the latest nightly builds on android arm and have the same issue.

I'll post a log on a clean setup with only youtube and log uploader as well.
I'm also having the common cache error on latest nightly for Android. The result is that apps such as youtube (plus most others) don't work.
I'm happy to provide whatever info is needed. I've never uploaded logs before but I'm not complete imbecile so I should be able to work out if needed.
Hoping one of the Devs will reply soon.
Confirmed. I'll check that out.
Hi Koying

Let me know if you need any info from me, although I think arghness has posted logs.

thanks.
Well, I solved the issue in common cache, but the maintainer has to include and release it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1614148
@Koying thats good news. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the maintainer has to include and release it'.... does this mean we'll see the fix in one of the coming nightlies? If yes, will someone confirm in this thread once the fix has been implemented in a nighly build?

Thanks.
Hey Guys
I don't want to step on any toe's and none of this is my work I have simply applied Koying's fix and re-ziped the files.
It seems to be all working at the moment so I thought I would put this out as a temp patch untill the maintainer fixes the official version.
All credit goes to Koying, HenrikDK and The Collective for their hard work.
If you go to settings/Add-ons/install from zip file
and select the zip file below;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bs904t

I hope this works for everyone and if I'm not allowed to post this please let me know and I'll take it down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to start common plugin cache0