Linux Install XBMCBuntu next to Windows?
I have XBMC 12.2 running on Windows 7 on the harddisk and XBMCBuntu running from a USB stick and there is unused diskspace on the harddisk.
Can I run the installer of XBMCBuntu from the USB stick to install it on the free disk space and will a bootmanager install itself to let me choose between XBMCBuntu and Windows at boot time?
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
yes and yes
(2013-09-01, 22:01)wsnipex Wrote: yes and yes

Cool, thanks.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
It works.
Booting Windows 7 was faster, but it works :-)
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
(2013-09-01, 23:24)XBMCLuver Wrote: It works.
Booting Windows 7 was faster, but it works :-)

heh? then something must be wrong Smile Or win7 boots from ssd and linux does not.
Nope, no SSD installed in my mini PC.
Win 7 boots in 38 seconds and XBMCBunto boots in 42 seconds.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
I have not done an XBMCbuntu dual boot on my W7 box but did a full Ubuntu install yesterday. I was trying to sort out an add on issue which turned out to be effectively insurmountable in XBMCbuntu and non existant in a full Ubuntu build with XBMC installed.

I can boot Ubuntu and manually start XBMC in less time than it takes W7 to boot and start XBMC, from the memory stick it would still boot XBMCbuntu faster than W7 when I was trying that.

So far I am really happy with it with a full ubuntu build on the SSD dual booted with Windows, the dual boot is using the Windows boot manager in the first instance (Less problems apparently, if you use GRUB as the primary boot manager and reinstall or upgrade Windows it can overwrite things and break it) When I am happy that everything is working properly I will change the boot manager to point to Ubuntu by default instead of to W7 as it does now.
a new howto won't change anything if ppl don't read or just think they know better.
HELLO EVERY ONE: I am New to This Forum and I dont even Know I am In the Right Forum. I just want to Know Can I Install Zorin-OS 7, Linux Mint 15 and Windows 7, All three Alongside each other..? A how to tutorial Will be appreciated though.

Thanks in Advance Guys.
Dont see why not.

Install Windows, then install Zorin then install Mint.

or install windows then mint then Zorin.

just install windows first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install XBMCBuntu next to Windows?0