• 5(current)
Amber for Frodo - Support thread
(2013-09-06, 13:06)BlueJ Wrote: Hi

Love this skin!
Works really well on my Pi

So much so I joined the forum so I could ask about it

Can anyone tell me if there is a reason why any favourites I add do not have cover art. The folder is linked to my library and the films have covers but when I create a favourite for the folder it has no cover art?

Can anyone help? It's the only problem I have with an otherwise great skin!

Thanks!

Try to refresh one of you favourite films. See the art turns up then.
This is a great skin, I've been testing it on my main Win XBMC machine prior to setting up my Pi, and so far I love it. Thanks for the great work.

Now onto my question. Is there any way to increase the length of the rss feed section. I would prefer it run the total length of the bottom of the screen, but I realize that may interfer with the library counts that show up in the bottom right corner.

Can I set the rss to be at say 75% width, or more perferable 100% of the screen and move the libaray counts either right above it, or above the horizontal menu?

Thanks again.

EDIT:

Looks like I found the rss section in the home.xml file. Will try to make the changes myself. Just need to find the the section that positions the library info in the bottom right corner.
BUG FOUND: In file manager, text scrolls when its not high-lighted
A great skin and EXACTLY what I was looking for - I've never been able to find a skin with a decent music library view since Mediastream Redux.I had tinkered with modding confluence myself with OK results. Amber has combined all the elements I want and fast on my Atom powered HTPC. Cheers!
Great skin. Have been using it for many months now.

A few tiny remarks:

1. The playback menu (pressing 'M' while playback) leaves 1 or 2 pixels transparent at the bottom. It's a bit irritaing to see the movie in the background flicker around down there.

2. Also that menu is quite opaque at the bottom as the gradient is very "steep". Have you tried to have the gradient end-colour more transparent instead of 100% black? Could the level of transparency be optional? The audio or video settings menu is much more subtle in that regard.

3. The bookmark menu and subtitles menu could do with a bit of transparency as well.

4. The volume symbol+level isn't very readable when over a bright background. Instead of having only a small drop shadow, you may want to try a maybe 2 pixel outline.

Thanks a bunch for your efforts!
~squeegy
Great job, pecinko! Amber is my new favorite skin! My plan is to continue using Quartz as a music-only skin on my AppleTV1 and use Amber on the new alpha version of XBMC for Boxee Box. What a pair!

I was coming on here to make a small request, but I see someone beat me to it:

(2013-09-03, 14:10)skaxx Wrote: I do have one question though. Is it currently possible to use the outline rather than the plot for the movies when in the movie selection screen? Personally, I'd prefer it if I could view the whole plot - which can be quite long sometimes - in the info screen of the movie and during selection I'd only see the outline. The outline is enough for me to see what the movie is about.

Personally, I use the Big Panel view (with fanart enabled) for Movies and TV Shows. I, too, would love to see an option to show just Plot Outline on the main screen (with the full Plot still available on the Info screen).

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
Just to say congrats on the official release of the skin. <3

Btw, the bug on skin widgets items not showing the first time XBMC stars still continues. Can you fix this problem?
This happens both on raspberry and computer, vertical or horizontal, with one or two shelfs of items in home, so i guess this is skin related, the order the things are loaded.
I have a keymap to refresh the skin, and if i press it, the shelfs with the items show up right away. Same happens if i enter a menu and go back to home.
This looks like a small bug, and when the first version of skin widgets was introduced (with only recommend items showing has an option) everything was loaded fine, this only happened after the updates when we were allowed to configure the shelf items, maybe this could happen to find the bug Wink

EDIT: I forgot to mention another bug i've found:

When you search in movies/tv shows, in the search results panel, the scrollbar icon position is outside of the panel.
I don't know if its on your radar... But Can we get the option to have "In Progress" and "Newly Added" on the shelves at the same time? Especially for TV... I use this for Plexbmc and like the look a lot but only have one or the other for TV is limiting...
I have just switched over to your skin, congrats it's awesome!

Further to crimsonfury above, could we also have the option to choose a different widget for each menu? eg. I want only Recommended for TV Shows and Recently added for Movies

Also, is there any way to remove Settings from the home menu? I prefer to push 'S' to access the settings and leave the home menu clean
(2013-09-10, 01:33)crimsonfury Wrote: I don't know if its on your radar... But Can we get the option to have "In Progress" and "Newly Added" on the shelves at the same time? Especially for TV... I use this for Plexbmc and like the look a lot but only have one or the other for TV is limiting...

We need update of plexbmc add-on for that. Amber is more or less already prepared in this regard.

@calhaus

I can only add loading screen when XBMC starts in order to give widgets script more time to fetch shelf items.

Skin is already refreshing home page - take a look at first lines in home.xml and try increasing time a bit as your htpc might be a bit slower than mine.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@all

Thanks for feedback, I'm following posts but I'm busy with some other things ATM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

I've started to use this skin, and it's really good! Great Work.

However, there is something that I really dislike, the Party Mode, and I cannot find ways of changing the configuration.

My comments are the folowing:

- Party mode "list of songs" is too big and covers almost all the screen, so big that hides the fan art visualizations in the background, I can only see 10% of the artwork around the party mode window Sad
- Party mode window could be smaller and also be transparent.
- Full screen mode playback doesn't show fanart in the background, only the "sound bars" and that isn't so pretty Smile

If you see Confluence Party Mode you see what I mean, I think is nicely done in Confluence.

Can you give feedback regarding these points?

I'm using Rasp Pi
(2013-09-10, 09:18)pecinko Wrote: @calhaus

I can only add loading screen when XBMC starts in order to give widgets script more time to fetch shelf items.

Skin is already refreshing home page - take a look at first lines in home.xml and try increasing time a bit as your htpc might be a bit slower than mine.

I've noticed that, and if i change it to a big time it works. Also i have a better solution i've found for you. Big Grin

I've noticed Skin Widgets has one flag named SkinWidgets_Running. You can use it to load/refresh home.xml after its property is set to true. This way you don't need a timer and it will work for faster or slower PCs.

I've found an example where SkinWidgets_Running is used here: https://github.com/paweu/Xperience1080pl...tartup.xml

I've tested the following code and it worked for computer and raspberry. (Computer is really fast, and raspberry slower)

Anyway, I think this is probably not the best code. I just posted it to tell you the info about the flag. Maybe you can do something better and similar to what you are doing with it (loading home.xml and when SkinWidgets_Running is set to true, refresh the skin again...).

Quote:<window>
<defaultcontrol always="true">10</defaultcontrol>
<allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
<controls>
<control type="button" id="10">
<onfocus>SetProperty(Startup,1)</onfocus>
<onfocus>SetFocus(11)</onfocus>
</control>
<!-- Show home if skin widgets loading is finished -->
<control type="button" id="11">
<onfocus condition="!System.HasAddon(service.skin.widgets)">SetFocus(12)</onfocus>
<onfocus condition="System.HasAddon(service.skin.widgets)">SetFocus(11)</onfocus>
<visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinWidgets_Running))</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="11">
<onfocus>ReplaceWindow(Home)</onfocus>
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinWidgets_Running))</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="12">
<onfocus>ReplaceWindow(Home)</onfocus>
</control>
</controls>
</window>
I haven't installed it on the RPi yet as my old HTPC suddenly gained a second life.

Amber looks fantastic on the HDTV (video card HDMI out to A/V receiver then HDMI to DVI cable to TV)! I am keeping this skin over Metropolis (sorry, Stoli).

One thing (and it may be a problem on my end, I haven't fully researched it yet): I noticed in Metropolis and here in Amber that I cannot move to a specific time period in the video progress bar. I cannot for example point the cursor on the video time progression bar and have the video skip ahead to that point. I can fast forward or fast reverse to the point I want but that is too slow. I can do it in Confluence but not in Amber or Metropolis (I haven't tried other skins.)

Thank you for all your hard work!
That's up to the skinner and Pecinko has already said he has designed Amber for remote use only.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Frodo - Support thread10