Linux Another Remote question
OK, so I have googled this but have been unable to find a satisfactory answer so far, so thought I'd ask here. I have set up XBMC to work with my AV receiver remote using ir-keytable and some re-mappings in keyboard.xml. This works perfectly well. However, my PC is set up with XBMC running full screen on my plasma in a separate X window, while my other DVI output drives a 19" monitor, enabling my wife to use facebook etc while I play with XBMC. Using the android remote, this works perfectly well but if I want to use the AV remote, because its mapped to the keyboard, I have to move the mouse to the XBMC screen, otherwise the remote starts typing things into the currently focused window.

As you can imagine, SWMBO is not a happy bunny at this change!!! So, my question is, is it possible to use a proper IR remote with XMBC without its window having focus? IE without having to map it to a keyboard, so that I can have the same functionality of the adroid app, but using the AV remote instead ?

Cheers in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another Remote question0