Release JSON-RPC Browser
Thanx axa88,

Your suggestion works great so far! I will need to spend some time and learn it... It's bit tricky for a newbie.
You have certainly helped enough, but if you would care to assist in one example it would be fantastic...
How do I build a working url from this example if you have a sec_ won\t bug more, promise...

Built from this data:
{
"title": "to watch",
"type": "window",
"window": "videos",
"windowparameter": "special://profile/playlists/video/to watch.xsp"
},

My best guess which is not working is this:
http://192.168.1.17:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ActivateWindow","params":{"properties":["videos","special://profile/playlists/video/to watch.xsp"]},"id":3}

If you have that sec, something like this, but not sure which method to use. GUI.ActivateWindow?
I don't think we can use files.getdirectory for stuff like: "special://profile/playlists/video/..etc"

Thank again regardless!
truth is im not that far in implementing the interface myself, only learned the individual methods.
That xsp file seems more like a playlist of some sort, i might look towards the Player.Open Method to perhaps add it to a video playllist... not sure.

Though why not start a thread regarding your specific json questions and keep this one on topic...
Then you dont have to feel as bad about bugging anyone if you title it appropriately, people can choose whether or not to view...
good luck
Thanx,

I already have done what you suggest, here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224388
This json thing has a bit of a learning threshold...
But will get there eventuallyWink
Thanx again...
by the way, i started to implement the Player.Open method, (its quite a bear with many options), and sure enough xsp files were referenced as a smart playlist

{
"description": "Path to a smartplaylist (*.xsp) file",
"minLength": 5,
"type": "string"
}

I then went into kodi and created a smart playlist so i could test it with the Player.Open path parameter but im a bit embarrassed to say i couldn't locate it on my pc but i bet that will work for you to open that file you mention.
anyway test it in this JSON-RPC Browser On topic!! Smile
Thanx.

I typically don't want player.open for playlists. This is what I have found that works for me so far, to open the playlist in a window and then select play on the choices there in the playlist:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method": "GUI.ActivateWindow","params":{"window":"videolibrary", "parameters" : ["special://profile/playlists/video/To watch.xsp"]},"id":2}

As for where the playlists are, if that's what you are asking? On my openelec setup they are in: Profile directory/playlists
those need to be called with: special://
hope that helps
@angrycamel thank you very much for this tool. Works well Smile
(2015-06-13, 16:23)enen92 Wrote: @angrycamel thank you very much for this tool. Works well Smile

You're welcome. Glad it's helping.
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

@angrycame Thanks. Helped me to create bash script to call the TVguide script to load the new XMLTV file nigthly, after I run the tv_grab_na_sd utility to update my XMLTV file. Then I run the bash script again to go back to the home screen after a second call to the bash script. Now the XMLTV data is always up to date when I go to use the EPG guide, much nicer than having to wait 30+ seconds for it to update. Now it all happens while I'm asleep Smile
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad it helped you
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Wow, super cool and useful tool!

Couple things:

1) For VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes, in the filter section it says 'Circular reference could not be rendered' What does this mean? Can I get around it somehow, I would like to filter for when rating == 0 or rating == ''.

2) Something that would be nice, is if the schema that we have selected based on the input could be obtained easily and copied and pasted. The schema tab there shows the entire schema, not the one that I just created.
Awesome tool, thanks!

BTW: For OSX, the path to the web interface is:

<path to Kodi.app>/Kodi.app/Contents/Resources/Kodi/addons/webinterface.default

(You can go there in Finder by right-click on Kodi.app and select "Show Package" contents)
Kodi Music Remote for iOS, the remote control for music lovers - http://kodimusicremote.com
Cant get this to work on OSMC unfortunately, but i think its more to do with the websocket listening on ipv6 only Sad, after entering in the settings nothing happens.

Will see if I can get a little message app working by looking at your code, trying to get a little form so we can send the kids a message downstairs through Kodi.
does this tool still work on v 16 jarvis or v 17 krypton?
(2017-08-04, 22:08)lumiknight Wrote: does this tool still work on v 16 jarvis or v 17 krypton?

yes
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC Browser0