Win XBMC for Windows - v7 or v8?
What's the consensus on the better version of Windows to run on a HTPC w/ XBMC? The PC I have will run either easily. Right now running Win7 Home Premium. XBMC works fine, but working on the desktop on a 51" plasma from 15' away is WAAAY too hard on the eyes. I need to get up to read dialog boxes and such.

Granted, this is HTPC, so I hope to just be running XBMC most of the time, but for getting to the internet, updating, Vudu, etc, I need to use the desktop. Thought that the Win8 start page might be easier to use.

Anyone else want to offer suggestions?
The start page might me easier to use, but when you are managing your files you'll be suffering anyway Wink
I have a 65" tv from 4,5 meters away and still had problems reading, so the best I could do was to enlarge the fonts!

Running Windows 8 btw, aside from some issues with deleting files from XBMC no real problems.
Install a vnc server and administer the htpc via a laptop etc. Also as latino156 said increase the font sizes. Also, instead of using the wjn8 start page you could use advanced launched to launch your programs from within xvmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows - v7 or v8?0