Force HDMI on Z77N-WIFI
I am using a Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI mITX LGA1155. I need to force the HDMI output and I can't figure out how. The reason is I am running through an amp and it won't pick up my HDMI signal and push through to my TV. Of course hooking directly to
the TV it works fine, but I need it to go through the amp. I figured out how to do it on my raspbmc, but I want something a bit faster hence the i3-3225 in this system. I just am not familiar with Linux.

I am using XBMCbuntu installed directly to a HD.
It is not that easy. Especially when your intel gpu and your AVR don't handshake, you can forget to do bitstream audio :-(

I would first suggest you try to upgrade your kernel and rule out possible issues, that are long fixed in linux.
Parts of a howto, you can find here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707

Cherry pick yourself the parts with the kernel upgrade.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok thanks, that might be biting off more than I am looking to chew right now. I will probably install Win7 and run out of there.
Try OpenELEC 3.1.7 on a spare USB stick.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for this lead. I will definiately try this on this rig and also on the RPi. Some quick reading and it looks like if i move the data storage to a usb stick the RPi might run better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force HDMI on Z77N-WIFI0