Audio sync issue when "Adjust display refresh rate to video" is enabled.
Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago i ran into trouble with jerky video playback. It turned out to be pull down judder due to refresh rate mismatch.

Topic here

The issue was solved by enabling the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video". It really helped smoothing video playback. However, with this option turned on, most videos I play have audio sync issues. Actually the sound usually is ahead of video.

I know I can manually adjust audio sync in playback menu and even have a default "delay". But not all videos show the problem and not all videos have the same delay. There's a whole lot of adjusting going on. Personally I dislike it, but can cope with it. But my girl is not too keen of the menus and just doesn't watch any videos any more. That's a shame...

I have downloaded the newest AMD display drivers v13.101 and tried some adjusting in the menus, but obviously did not succeed.

I hope there is some kind of solution for this.

Thanks!
Hi,

We are all suffering from this issue! But since we have the same gpu, try this:
Set software as render and disable dxva acceleration. For me that helped alot especialy with my movies using AAC as audio codec, but Still not perfect yet!
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
Thank you for your reply,

I will give it a try tonight.

Personally I think its a real shame that we have to choose between smooth video or synced audio Smile I don't know much about the root cause of this issue, but it sure would be great if it was fixed in upcomming XBMC versions.

I was aiming for flawless playback, designing my HTPC. But this constant tweaking with settings on every movie i watch, is really is a big setback.

Niels.
You chose the wrong operating system for flawless playback if you ask me.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-09-09, 15:37)Memphiz Wrote: You chose the wrong operating system for flawless playback if you ask me.

Thank you for your very constructive remark.
If you wanna have flawless playback and this is a dedicated XBMC htpc give openelec a try.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I tested openelec a little while ago... Not much difference. XBMC always looses sync on 24p material.

But since it's been a little while since I tested... do you recommend testing the latest version? Any late versions improvements?
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
(2013-09-10, 10:25)Memphiz Wrote: If you wanna have flawless playback and this is a dedicated XBMC htpc give openelec a try.

Yes, I was already thinking about giving Openelec a spin. However, as videos are also streamed from websites, abandoning windows would certainly kill the WAF.

This issue certainly negatively influences the XBMC experience as a whole.... And as I now understand, many users suffer from it and its looks to be persistent throughout multiple XBMC versions. There seems to be little hope for improvement in the near future...
If you decide to try the Openelec route, then maybe something like http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170965 could be used for websites
(2013-09-10, 13:16)jjd-uk Wrote: If you decide to try the Openelec route, then maybe something like http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170965 could be used for websites

Thank you,

I will definitely keep that in mind!

However, as torcar pointed out, the problem seems to be there even in Openelec. I might take a shot at it anyway....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio sync issue when "Adjust display refresh rate to video" is enabled.0