No video after motherboard/cpu upgrade
I installed a new motherboard and cpu (i7 2600k on Asus P8Z77-M Pro) in my htpc yesterday. At first I left the os on Win7 Ultimate x86 with my original xbmc frodo install and everything played brilliantly via the onboard hdmi. It was amazing to finally hear dts master hd and dolby digital true hd from my amp.

So today I went back to basics, formatted my system ssd and installed Win 7 Ultimate x64 and a nice clean install of xbmc. Now I'm getting no playback of video. I just get the "working... Please wait" message for a couple of seconds and then it crashes back to the folder. I have audio setup for hdmi, 7.1 sound and all the amp specific sounds, everything basically as it was before I reformatted and installed Win7 64.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the intel hdmi drivers and xbmc but to no avail.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong?
Ok, I've installed k-lite mega codec pack and configured ffwdshow filters to passthrough all ac3 and dts to hdmi/spdif and that has sorted it. I thought xbmc had all its own decoders etc installed and that I shouldn't need external codecs.
You are correct in that assumption, xbmc has all its own decoders internally installed and doesn't use external codecs. Sorry I can't explain your situation... an episode of the twilight zone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video after motherboard/cpu upgrade0