Youtube login failed
Hello everybody, as you can read the title, i cant login to youtube with the youtube addon.
On my ATV2 and Windows PC it worked fine last month. Now im not able to login with the same details. everytime i get the message "login failed".
When i login with my details via firefox on pc its working fine. Only the xbmc addon makes problem.
please help.
There is a fix I think for it
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
no i searched for that. all old topics.
i think we have to wait for the autoupdate of the addon devoloper.
Same problem here. I was loged in until this morning. Then suddenly I was logged out and now I'm no longer able to login.

EDIT:
This fix worked for me. Plugin works fine again.
An FYI for some members... following the link that Temar posted fixed my YouTube issue as well... however after deleting the folder and reinstalling the plugin, it asked for the 2 Factor Authentication Pin but did NOT bother to email, txt, etc. a pin number...

To get around this, if prompted for a pin, enter 0000, hit done and you'll be told Log in failed... but if you reopen the plugin a second time (without changing anything) it will log in properly.

Funny thing is I've had 2 Factor set up since they introduced it and never had a problem until and it didn't actually use the real 2 Factor with this plugin... which is odd.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
This issue has been bothering me for some time now and I haven't found a solution yet ... been through hundreds of old forum pages and nothing worked.

It's strange since youtube is only the most viewed video site and xmbc the most used media center ... and no one can put this two working together ... really!

Anyone with IT/Developer capacity please solve this issue!!!
Yes please....
Got the same issue here and would really like to see it fixed too
+1 from me
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

I also cannot login (addon YouTube version 4.4.6)
+1 anyone a fix for this?

I use two factor authentication and there is a nice pop-up asking for the key, after filling in, login failed.

Some logging:
Code:
21:14:15 T:2719251264  NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
21:14:15 T:2719251264  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
21:14:50 T:2719251264   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 120, in <module>
                                                navigation.executeAction(params)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeNavigation.py", line 122, in executeAction
                                                self.login.login(params)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
                                                result, status = self.authorize()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
                                                (result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 239, in _httpLogin
                                                fetch_options = {"link": new_part[0].replace("&amp;", "&"), "url_data": url_data, "referer": ret["location"]}
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:14:50 T:3018090240   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=settings&path=%2froot%2flogin
21:14:50 T:3018090240   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=settings&path=%2froot%2flogin) failed
if you are having problems with this, use the instructions at this site, this worked for me. http://uglyduckblog.wordpress.com/2014/0...n-on-xbmc/
(2014-03-07, 06:55)amcfarla Wrote: if you are having problems with this, use the instructions at this site, this worked for me. http://uglyduckblog.wordpress.com/2014/0...n-on-xbmc/

Thanks for this amcfarla - I tried it and I can log in fine now.

Smile
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Any fixes for the same problem with 15.2 - userdata/addon_data/pluginvideo/settingsxml. but the script is different?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735 <-- youtube addon info. I'm sure updates will post here as they get added.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube login failed0