Corruption/Graphic Artifacts
I am running a Radeon HD 5450 using the Aeon Nox theme for Eden v11.0.

I am getting graphic artifacts/corruption on many screens of the theme including the System menu, TV Shows and sometimes even the main menu. It is random, but almost always there is one way or another.

Researching this, I found that many using the latest drivers for Intel's HD 4000 graphics were having this problem. While I do have an i3 processor that has HD 4000 graphics, I do not use that as my primary graphics device, I output via HDMI direct to my TV using the Radeon HD 5450. Just reinstalled the latest drivers for that card.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this?

While I am not using the HD 4000 graphics, I figure it would be a good idea to get a compatible driver version installed anyway. Can someone point me to a "safe" old version of the HD 4000 graphics drivers?

Here is a screenshot of the corruption:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D9...PlwE1y5Sf8
See my reply here for a working Intel 4000 HD driver.
Got the drivers installed, but the corruption still exists on the Radeon graphics card. I switched the HDMI output from the Radeon card to the Intel integrated graphics and the corruption isn't there. Switch it back to the Radeon card and it appears again.

Like I said previously, there are a number of people experiencing the issue with the Intel graphics, but I cannot find anything regarding Radeon/AMD graphics.

As long as the Intel graphics perform well for me I don't really mind, I'd just like to know if there is a solution in case I need to use the Radeon card.
Funny I have almost the same setup. The fix is to install the 12.4 ATI drivers anything later than that causes this issue.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146842
(2013-06-18, 05:06)mackysm Wrote: Funny I have almost the same setup. The fix is to install the 12.4 ATI drivers anything later than that causes this issue.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146842

Thanks for the info! I ended up taking the GPU out and using the Intel integrated graphics after I found the correct driver version.

Weird how both Intel and AMD released drivers that cause this problem...
advancedsettings.xml and set <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex>

seems to fix it. at least fixed on both of my XBMC using ATI HD5570 with latest drivers

btw, i'm using Cirrus Extended V3
I've had the graphic artifacts ever since I built my system and was relieved to see this workaround. However, it did not work for me. My setup is:

intel i3-3220ghz
4GB
Win 7 64bit
Asus ATI Radeon HD6450

The problem is definitely with the ATI drivers. I uninstalled them and installed the 12.4 drivers and, while it did work to remove the artifacts, XBMC became very unstable with random crashes and other odd behavior. Also, I could never get the most updated ATI drivers to play nice with XBMC. So, for my own peace of mind, I bought the ASUS GeForce 8400GS nVidia card. Now everything works perfectly, no more artifacts! For anyone having this issue save yourself the headache and just switch out the ATI card for an nVidia .
I have a similar problem. It is the same on both my computers running windows 7, Asus saber tooth boards, with i7. Both are using on board graphics. This only happens in Aeon Nox which is my favorite skin. One of the computers I just upgraded from an i3 where Nox worked perfectly. I get this issue from both a fresh install with nox as well as copying my old user data folder.
Below is a picture. Notice the diagonal artifacts overlaying the fan art as well as the artifacts on the bottom of the screen. This consistent throughout the Nox UI. Any suggestions? https://www.dropbox.com/s/8haqy7tt42vb0y....18.09.jpg

EDIT - I forgot to mention that I'm using XBMC 12.3

SOLVED: This issue only happens with on board video. Install graphics card and all is better

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Corruption/Graphic Artifacts0