• 111(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
OK then I just wait! Thanks
(2017-07-26, 21:27)garbear Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 15:37)wallacebw Wrote: 1. How do I disable the joystick from controlling kodi, only having them control the games. I keep having the rom name and time pop up at the top of the screen. I've tried setting a joystick.xml with 'noop' for the keys, but it doesn't see to take. Any thoughts?

Kodi actions are controlled by joystick.xml. Setting "noop" for keys should work, I'll look into this. But the real problem is that the ROM name and time staying at the top of the screen. I've also seen this issue with the volume indicator open.

I think I know the root cause. I'll look into this. Thanks for reporting!

(2017-07-26, 15:37)wallacebw Wrote: 2. I also am having issues with the name rewinding unexpectedly when playing games. I believe it is related to the above, so maybe we can ignore it for now.

Yes, this is related to the above.

First Great work i love what your doing here.

But i have the same problem with the controller however what i see is that the nes30 pro have two connections in the bluetooth config menu.
This lead me to think it was a bluetooth problem i delete the controllers and used the nes30 pro wired and the problem stay the same.
I did use a another usb controller and the problem is the same

Maybe this helps
http://sprunge.us/JUdP
Thanks for posting a debug log. It shows that the nes30 controller(s) aren't being detected by the joystick add-on. You can tell this by searching for the word "joystick" in the log. Is the joystick support add-on enabled? Maybe it's an operating system issue. Hard for me to tell without being able to test on desktop linux using a physical nes30 controller.

Before every major release I go on a buying spree and pick up 10 or so controllers to test with Kodi. As we get closer to the Leia release (prolly around january or february), I'll get a nes30 controller and get it working in Kodi and LibreELEC.
(2017-07-31, 22:40)garbear Wrote: Thanks for posting a debug log. It shows that the nes30 controller(s) aren't being detected by the joystick add-on. You can tell this by searching for the word "joystick" in the log. Is the joystick support add-on enabled? Maybe it's an operating system issue. Hard for me to tell without being able to test on desktop linux using a physical nes30 controller.

Before every major release I go on a buying spree and pick up 10 or so controllers to test with Kodi. As we get closer to the Leia release (prolly around january or february), I'll get a nes30 controller and get it working in Kodi and LibreELEC.
The problem is not only with the nes30 but also with the chinees arcade usb pad and cheap chinees snes controller.
So far i now the joystick add-on in enabled i can map the controls but not ignore de kodi one
And i have a clean install on my pi3 (Milhouse built) with only emulators on it to test it

Snes controller
http://sprunge.us/KgRP
Arcade controller:
http://sprunge.us/FPcJ
Hm, peripheral.joystick is detecting each of those two controllers, but only once. What's the problem? Do these controllers show up twice in the LibeELEC settings? What about in Kodi's peripherals window at Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals?
The problem is not so that is every time the rom name above but if i hit left two times fast after each other or hold the key the game rewinds and so gaming is impossibel
The gamepad is shown one time Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals
And if you disabeld rewind you can play the game i just found out.
OK, I'll look into this problem in a week or two when I finish the player manager.
Garbear, first of all greetings for your good work Wink
I'm currently an odroid C2 user and so far, only one community build based on LE9 (Leia) is available. I guess that retroplayer support in that build is really at early stage, as so far no MAME, SNES, NES ROMs can be successfully played. Tried with different emulators, but nothing... audio stuttering, and blank screen or eventually, frame skipping, 1 frame shown every 10+seconds...
My question is (I'm a newbie)... are these updates you're working on portable also on other builds? Do you plan to support also the odroid SBCs? (my C2 is an amlogic S905 based sbc)
THanks in advance.
Tried RetroPlayer today for the first time running Milhouse x86_64 #804 and using an xbox 360 wired controller.

At least on SNES i noticed some annoying behaviour. Every time I press left/right it opens the OSD for briefly, which causes an input delay on all buttons pressed.

Am I missing a setting somewhere to prevent this?
I want to try retroplayer with milhouse build #804 on my rpi3.

I have a n64 rom and installed mupenplus64 addon and libretro compatibilaty and i made a folder /storage/emulators/n64/roms and put my rom in it.

Also i did the konami code and configured my controller and when in games i add my location where my rom is after that when i start the rom kodi is crashing.

I really don't know how to set this up?

Is my location wrong where i putted my rom in or are n64 games not yet supported for rpi3?
If needed i can provide a crash.log

Thanks!
N64 requires OpenGL support, which is still experimental and not included in LibreELEC (or even my builds, for that matter). So no N64 support yet.

If other emulators don't work, then a crash log would be helpful.
(2017-08-05, 15:38)garbear Wrote: N64 requires OpenGL support, which is still experimental and not included in LibreELEC (or even my builds, for that matter). So no N64 support yet.

If other emulators don't work, then a crash log would be helpful.

Thanks for response.

How to set up for other emulators?
Where to put the roms?
If i want to i.e play snes roms where to put them?
Are you familiar with how to add video sources? You can put the roms wherever you like then add the source in the Games window
(2017-08-05, 16:23)garbear Wrote: Are you familiar with how to add video sources? You can put the roms wherever you like then add the source in the Games window

Yes i am familiar with that i already did that with my n64 rom.
Because kodi was crashing i tought i was doung something wrong.
I will try some emulators.

Thank you!Big Grin
New test builds uploaded. Featuring Nearest Neighbor filtering on Windows thanks to vel0city, and an improved scaling mode and view mode selector in the Game OSD. Also I've added around 40 controller profiles in preparation for the upcoming player manager.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16