• 134(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Thanks for confirming the colors are fixed. I uploaded another round of builds. Something special for Windows 10 users - vel0city's shader patch has been added!

Shifted color lines is because the GBA core requests a multiple-of-8 width, but DirectX allocates a multiple-of-16 texture. I'll keep looking into this.

EDIT: Can you upload a debug log with the audio crackle?
(2018-06-05, 20:12)ghizzu Wrote: the shifted lines on GBA cores are still there.

Fixed in PR:13983. Can you try the updated test builds?
(2018-06-05, 22:47)garbear Wrote: Thanks for confirming the colors are fixed. I uploaded another round of builds. Something special for Windows 10 users - vel0city's shader patch has been added!

Shifted color lines is because the GBA core requests a multiple-of-8 width, but DirectX allocates a multiple-of-16 texture. I'll keep looking into this.

EDIT: Can you upload a debug log with the audio crackle?
Great for shaders Smile

Another time, will be work on libreelec ?
(2018-06-06, 08:18)yallah Wrote: Another time, will be work on libreelec ? 

The plan is to add shaders on OpenGL/OpenGLES platforms like LibreELEC eventually.
(2018-06-06, 08:49)garbear Wrote:
(2018-06-06, 08:18)yallah Wrote: Another time, will be work on libreelec ? 

The plan is to add shaders on OpenGL/OpenGLES platforms like LibreELEC eventually.
That would allow n64 emulation, right?
(2018-06-06, 07:26)garbear Wrote:
(2018-06-05, 20:12)ghizzu Wrote: the shifted lines on GBA cores are still there.

Fixed in PR:13983. Can you try the updated test builds? 
The shifted lines in GBA cores (and 2048) are gone. But some cores start the games with audio and no video. (It's not a new behavior, this problem started together with the shifted lines). These cores are GenesisPlus, Picodrive, both PCE cores and some games in FBAlpha (like Contra, while others work fine).

As for the audio crackles, they are mostly audible in SNES cores, I'll investigate further and then I'll post a log, but keep in mind that I'm making these tests on a cheap TV Box, so maybe most of these audio artifacts are caused by my weak Z8350 CPU.

Also, the only shader that seems to work is Bilinear, all the others as far as I can see give me Nearest Neighbor.
(2018-06-06, 17:34)linkinsoldier Wrote:
(2018-06-06, 08:49)garbear Wrote: The plan is to add shaders on OpenGL/OpenGLES platforms like LibreELEC eventually. 
That would allow n64 emulation, right? 

No, shaders just modify the output of what you see on the screen. N64 emulation requires giving the core access to rendering primitives so that it can draw 3d polygons to the screen.
Ah OK, so that sounds that will take some time ;-)
Hey garbear, I think there is a serious problem of memory leak in Retroplayer. Everytime I start a game, no matter what the core, the RAM occupied by Kodi starts to grow by 4-5 MB/sec. Until the system warns me that there's no more memory available. Also, this memory is NOT released when I exit the game, I have to exit Kodi to free it. (And, before you ask, in my settings "Enable rewind if supported" is set to off.) This not happens in my reference build of Retroplayer (last Kripton).
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, that's some intense leakage! I bet it's a problem with the new Stream API. I'll get a fix for this one up too.

Are the other issues you've brought up so far addressed?
(2018-06-07, 19:38)garbear Wrote: Thanks for bringing this to my attention, that's some intense leakage! I bet it's a problem with the new Stream API. I'll get a fix for this one up too.

Are the other issues you've brought up so far addressed?
 Maybe you haven't read my yesterday's post?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2741242
Cheers.
(2018-06-06, 19:22)ghizzu Wrote: But some cores start the games with audio and no video. (It's not a new behavior, this problem started together with the shifted lines). These cores are GenesisPlus, Picodrive, both PCE cores and some games in FBAlpha (like Contra, while others work fine).

Thanks for the list of cores, being specific makes things easier for me to test. This is a known issue. I'll document the problem in the release notes.

The problem is due to a change in video dimensions. These cores are possibly showing a low-res BIOS or diagnostic video at startup, and then changing to the game resolution. ATM, RetroPlayer just drops the latter frames. I'm working on it.
(2018-06-06, 19:22)ghizzu Wrote: As for the audio crackles, they are mostly audible in SNES cores, I'll investigate further and then I'll post a log, but keep in mind that I'm making these tests on a cheap TV Box, so maybe most of these audio artifacts are caused by my weak Z8350 CPU.

This could definitely be a cause. Also post debug logs. I can usually find answers there.
(2018-06-06, 19:22)ghizzu Wrote: Also, the only shader that seems to work is Bilinear, all the others as far as I can see give me Nearest Neighbor.

Post debug logs. What version of Windows? Graphics vendor? Driver version? Folder structure? DirectX errors? Other causes? These are all visible in the debug log.
(2018-06-07, 18:33)ghizzu Wrote: Hey garbear, I think there is a serious problem of memory leak in Retroplayer. Everytime I start a game, no matter what the core, the RAM occupied by Kodi starts to grow by 4-5 MB/sec. Until the system warns me that there's no more memory available. Also, this memory is NOT released when I exit the game, I have to exit Kodi to free it. (And, before you ask, in my settings "Enable rewind if supported" is set to off.) This not happens in my reference build of Retroplayer (last Kripton).

Fixed in PR:13999. I'll have some test builds up in a few hours.

EDIT: Uploaded
Great, I'll test it. In the meantime, here are some logs from the previous build.

This is me running some audio-only cores:
https://pastebin.com/Q2dWXMtm

And this is me making crackles:
https://pastebin.com/W2sZhPeY
You want logs? Here are logs Big Grin

Ok, first log from the latest build (leak seems gone, as far as I can tell)
Me trying to run Stella core (another audio/no video core) when Kodi unexpectedly crashes:
https://pastebin.com/6JqW1pAZ
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16