• 72(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2016-05-10, 17:32)Serg86 Wrote: As for the cores, I'll start compiling a list as soon as I have a little more time. Do you want me to open a new thread or just post here?

New thread. What platform are you testing on?

(2016-05-10, 02:36)Serg86 Wrote: - Current build (May 9th) doesn't bring the game to front when you start it.

@Serg86 Is this fixed in the May 10th build?
(2016-05-10, 19:49)garbear Wrote: New thread. What platform are you testing on?

Windows 7 64 Bit.

(2016-05-10, 19:49)garbear Wrote: @Serg86 Is this fixed in the May 10th build?

Yes, tested with NES and SNES games.
(2016-05-10, 08:17)garbear Wrote:
(2016-05-10, 05:35)Serg86 Wrote: Is it possible to only activate a Kodi action via combination? What I mean is, pressing Select on it's own will be used for the game, pressing and holding Select + another button performs a Kodi action.

Yes, this is what I aim to do.
How about this:
Map only "Pause Game" to a Button-Combo on each Controller and let the Controller only control Kodi if the game is paused (and maybe minimized). All other actions on the controller should go "ingame" if a game is running.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2016-05-10, 20:07)Solo0815 Wrote: How about this:
Map only "Pause Game" to a Button-Combo on each Controller and let the Controller only control Kodi if the game is paused (and maybe minimized). All other actions on the controller should go "ingame" if a game is running.

That's a valid idea. How about we do both?
There's another issue I found while testing various cores. Under the game menu, when adding a source, you can't remove it, actually you can't do anything with it except to add it to favourites. Not sure if it's the same for TV Shows and Movies, since I don't have any on this installation.
(2016-05-05, 14:59)Montellese Wrote: Next problem is that after having played a game for platform A input only ever works for that platform (but independent of the actual emulator). So when first playing a NES game and then switching to an SNES game input isn't handled and the following error appears:
Code:
Debug Print: Button [ 0 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
Debug Print: Feature [ b ] on game.controller.snes released
Debug Print: AddOnLog: NES (FCEUmm): Can't find <controller> tag for controller "game.controller.snes"
Debug Print: Feature [ a ] on game.controller.default released
I first played Super Mario Bros. in FCEUmm, then in Nestopia and then I wanted to play Super Mario World on SNES but it looks like FCEUmm (the first emulator used) still tries to handle input. The same problem exists if I do it the other way around see the log from trying to play something in FCEUmm after having played in Snes9x:
Code:
Debug Print: Button [ 7 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller released
Debug Print: Feature [ start ] on game.controller.nes released
Debug Print: AddOnLog: SNES (Snes9x): Can't find <controller> tag for controller "game.controller.nes"
Debug Print: Feature [ start ] on game.controller.default released
Debug Print: Button [ 7 ] on Xbox 360-compatible controller pressed

@Montellese I've found and fixed this issue.

(2016-05-10, 22:30)Serg86 Wrote: There's another issue I found while testing various cores. Under the game menu, when adding a source, you can't remove it, actually you can't do anything with it except to add it to favourites. Not sure if it's the same for TV Shows and Movies, since I don't have any on this installation.

Thanks, I just noticed this. The fix will be in the next build posted (prolly tonight)
Any libreelec build? Would help with testing then

http://lrusak.libreelec.tv/
Is still empty, and the old location only got some old builds ;P
I had the chance to also do a bit more "testing" and can only say again that garbear is doing an awesome job here. I'd like to share a few things I noticed.

- Are SRAM saves supposed to work already? When starting SMW, it always tells me that I'm starting from the beginning. (tested with SNES9x and BSNES Mercury Balanced).
- The savestates work nicely, however sometimes they don't get updated properly and I don't see the thumbnail or the savestate name. It shows just a black predefined icon. This seems to happen for example when opening the savestate manager through the OSD immediately after starting the game.
- For the savestates I could imaging that it would be a nice idea to show the savestate manager directly on gamestart, or probably better, have a resumepoint that just asks you if you want to reload the last state. Autosaving would probably also be nice. Especially on exit.
- I'm using an XBox 360 wireless controller, that works out of the box now with retroplayer. However some times after switching the controller on again later, one of the trigger buttons gets stuck and it constantly tries to increase the volume. If I unplug and replug the receiver, things work again.
- Is it possible to disable the non-linear stretching for games per default? I have it enabled for 4:3 videos, but for games it causes a strange effect. When disabling it in the video osd and setting it as default for all, it's also deactivated for videos again.
- Are there any news on mouse support for dosbox? Then we could also port the scummvm core Smile

Testsystem is Ubuntu 16.04. Unfortunately I don't have a debug log, but just let me know if you can't reproduce an issue and I'll get one for you.
(2016-05-12, 19:20)cfetzer Wrote: - Are SRAM saves supposed to work already?

This is a bug in the libretro wrapper add-on. Weirdly enough, saves for game.libretro.2048 are working. I'll track this down and fix it at some point.

(2016-05-12, 19:20)cfetzer Wrote: - The savestates work nicely, however sometimes they don't get updated properly and I don't see the thumbnail or the savestate name. It shows just a black predefined icon. This seems to happen for example when opening the savestate manager through the OSD immediately after starting the game.

I've seen this a few times. Probably a race condition in the savestate manager.

(2016-05-12, 19:20)cfetzer Wrote: - For the savestates I could imaging that it would be a nice idea to show the savestate manager directly on gamestart, or probably better, have a resumepoint that just asks you if you want to reload the last state. Autosaving would probably also be nice. Especially on exit.

Autosaving and autoloading worked well in the past. I'll reimplement these.

(2016-05-12, 19:20)cfetzer Wrote: - I'm using an XBox 360 wireless controller, that works out of the box now with retroplayer. However some times after switching the controller on again later, one of the trigger buttons gets stuck and it constantly tries to increase the volume. If I unplug and replug the receiver, things work again.

This is a problem with the false detection rate for anomalous triggers. I'll add logging to the joystick support so we can start hard-coding which triggers are anomalous.

(2016-05-12, 19:20)cfetzer Wrote: - Is it possible to disable the non-linear stretching for games per default? I have it enabled for 4:3 videos, but for games it causes a strange effect. When disabling it in the video osd and setting it as default for all, it's also deactivated for videos again.

RetroPlayer mostly reuses video player code, so it has inherited all video capabilities like nonlinear stretching. We'll have to split some of the settings between videos and games.

(2016-05-12, 19:20)cfetzer Wrote: - Are there any news on mouse support for dosbox? Then we could also port the scummvm core Smile

I'll add mouse support to my list of things to do!
FWIW, standalone scummvm has joystick support and it works pretty well, is it not working in libretro? It would be unfortunate to have to connect a mouse to a media box.
Am I right in understanding, from the Wiki, that RetroPlayer doesn't support MAME on Windows, yet?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-05-14, 13:46)ashlar Wrote: Am I right in understanding, from the Wiki, that RetroPlayer doesn't support MAME on Windows, yet?

MAME requires python to build. Kodi's unified depends don't include the python executable, so MAME can't be built on our build slave. It is possible to build it yourself or grab the .dll from the libretro build-bot. Then copy the add-on fluff from game.libretro.mame and install MAME like a normal add-on.
How would netplay be handled? Will it need netplay or a third party network program, or something easier like Dolphin's netplay(host sends the guest a code, no port forwarding or hamachi required)?
(2016-05-15, 02:14)Heat Wrote: How would netplay be handled? Will it need netplay or a third party network program, or something easier like Dolphin's netplay(host sends the guest a code, no port forwarding or hamachi required)?

I wrote a netplay layer that tunneled Game API calls across a TCP/IP network, but it was too slow to be suitable for gameplay. My next attempt will probably use source from an existing project, like RetroArch or Dolphin.
(2016-05-15, 05:28)garbear Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 02:14)Heat Wrote: How would netplay be handled? Will it need netplay or a third party network program, or something easier like Dolphin's netplay(host sends the guest a code, no port forwarding or hamachi required)?
I wrote a netplay layer that tunneled Game API calls across a TCP/IP network, but it was too slow to be suitable for gameplay. My next attempt will probably use source from an existing project, like RetroArch or Dolphin.
Recommend that you checkout RakNet as already suggestdd here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201868

(2014-08-11, 12:35)Hedda Wrote: RakNet, one of the leading networking middleware systems in the games industry designed for third-party app/game integrations is now open source now under a GPL compatible modified BSD license.

Any chance of you implementing it into Kodi/XBMC for networked and online multi-player gaming with RetroPlayer over the internet?

https://github.com/OculusVR/RakNet
http://www.jenkinssoftware.com/features.html

"For those unfamiliar with RakNet, it is a comprehensive C++ networking engine for game programmers designed for ease of use and performance. The tech is tuned for integration into cross-platform, high-performance applications that operate across a wide variety of network types.

Key features include object replication, remote procedure calls, patching, secure connections, voice chat, lobby system for friends / community chats and leaderboard ranking, and real-time SQL logging. The technology has been licensed by thousands of indie developers, as well as companies like Unity, Havok, Mojang, Maxis and Sony Online Entertainment.
"

Would be very cool to have an online gaming community just for Kodi/XBMC with all interface integrated!

• 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16