• 76(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2016-07-01, 00:57)bawright86 Wrote:
(2016-06-19, 17:44)garbear Wrote: I plan to get GameStream working by then as well, so that's something to look forward to.

Does this mean Kodi on my HTPC will be able to stream from my Desktop PC just like Moonlight does?

Moonlight is open source, technically you could make it work with Kodi as a front end, instead of the really spartan Moonlight look. Big Grin
(2016-07-12, 03:38)Zpectre87 Wrote:
(2016-07-01, 00:57)bawright86 Wrote:
(2016-06-19, 17:44)garbear Wrote: I plan to get GameStream working by then as well, so that's something to look forward to.
Does this mean Kodi on my HTPC will be able to stream from my Desktop PC just like Moonlight does?
Moonlight is open source, technically you could make it work with Kodi as a front end, instead of the really spartan Moonlight look. Big Grin
There was already some initial work done last year by a GSoC student on a NVIDIA GameStream client for RetroPlayer based on the moonlight-common-c code ( https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moonlight-common-c ), and it looks it is that work which garbear will pick up and continue. See: https://github.com/garbear/game.moonlight and read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220965
@garbear
Why are controller add-on under "game add-ons" and not where they belong under "peripheral"?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
They're under "game add-ons" because they're only used by game add-ons. Though I suppose the arguments in PR 10119 make sense and it should be placed in an input-related category. What "peripheral" are you referring to? Peripheral libraries/addons?
(2016-07-17, 00:36)garbear Wrote: They're under "game add-ons" because they're only used by game add-ons. Though I suppose the arguments in PR 10119 make sense and it should be placed in an input-related category. What "peripheral" are you referring to? Peripheral libraries/addons?

Yep my reasoning is that controllers are input devices and as such "should" be located under addons/peripheral.

Also we should get rid of the "game add-ons" name in the add-on browser (same should happen for audio/video and so on). You are in the addon section so it's quite clear you are browsing addons.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
This is what it looks like on my RetroPlayer branch:

Here it makes sense to have a game add-ons category in the add-on manager because there's emulators, scripts, plugins, and stand-alone game add-ons. I placed controller add-ons along with other game add-ons because the controllers are exclusively for game systems being emulated. Can you think of another use for controller profiles? When I sent the input PR I copied this structure, but now "game add-ons" is out of place because there's no games. What if we moved it to the peripheral libraries category for krypton, and then release L* with RetroPlayer and move it back for that?
Any chance for a new Openelec test build for Rpi 3? Smile
You could use controllers for normal Kodi navigation. I know there is a setting that enables controller support, but I decided to deactivate it and map keyboard keys to controller buttons with a 3rd party programm. I just missed the ability to map keys myself using the GUI. Being able to configure a controller mapping using kodi settings would make the 3rd party solution redundant.
(2016-07-25, 14:40)Doc.Ex Wrote: You could use controllers for normal Kodi navigation. I know there is a setting that enables controller support, but I decided to deactivate it and map keyboard keys to controller buttons with a 3rd party programm. I just missed the ability to map keys myself using the GUI. Being able to configure a controller mapping using kodi settings would make the 3rd party solution redundant.

you can configure a controller via kodi settings.
Sorry for this stupid post, is there a guide somewhere how to use the RetroPlayer? I am not having much luck.
(2016-07-25, 17:24)wsnipex Wrote: you can configure a controller via kodi settings.

In Krypton you mean? I am still on Jarvis and to my knowledge it is not possible there. But anyway my post was more of an answer to Garbears question:
"I placed controller add-ons along with other game add-ons because the controllers are exclusively for game systems being emulated. Can you think of another use for controller profiles?"

So in my use-case the controller is not used exclusively for game systems but also for normal kodi navigation, thus being another use for controller profiles.
Guys, there is a simple guide to start with this?

I configured RBC with tons of emulators. But with retroplayer I dont know where to start. Not sure about folder structure or where libretro dll goes.

Thanks.
emulators are included in the builds I post. The process mirrors adding videos to Kodi, add a game source in the Games window and browse your games. When you run a game, you can choose which of the installed emulators to use.

For a Kodi user adding videos is natural, but I realize there's some friction for new users. I have some thoughts on UX, but I think a quick fix would be add-ing stuff to the home screen like game add-ons and recently played games/savestates.

RetroPlayer doesn't involve outside emulators, only the ones that run inside Kodi. If you've tried RetroArch, it's the same concept with cores (and the same underlying API called libretro). As such, RCB isn't supported. You should give internet archive a try, they link to roms online and RetroPlayer support is integrated.
Thanks.

Tried to add a folder (under game category) with nes games (.nes) and when trying to launch one, I get "The game isnt compatible with any available emulators"

The same for a snes (smc) file.

Thanks again.

Edit. Nevermind, deleted kodi. Installed again and now when I select a .nes file it lets you select an emulator.

Will investigate how to configure this. Not sure how to get some kind of scrapper working. Also will be nice to have a way to apply video format to an emulator (16.9, stretch, etc) instead of game per game.

I think there are many problems when upgrading from 16.1 to 17. Clean install is the only way to make things work. On other pc upgrading from 16 to 17 wont let me use xbox 360 controller anymore, only clean install solved.
I see Krypton Alpha 3 has now been released.

Will you be working on updating this to Alpha 3? Only just seen this and im very interested in it. Using Launcherbox / bigbox for my retro gaming but this looks ideal and im def going to look into it.
Just a shame ive rolled back to Kodi 16.1 on my PC.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16