• 4(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Installation of snes9x-next fails.

log file

doucettom Wrote:I am unable to use ROM collection browsers because I can't find binaries of the Emulators to link them with RCB.
You can just point it to anything you like (notepad.exe or just some text files).

But I guess we should concentrate on core RetroPlayer features right now and should not mix up with issues that might be RCB related.
(2013-09-16, 08:06)malte Wrote: Installation of snes9x-next fails.

log file

doucettom Wrote:I am unable to use ROM collection browsers because I can't find binaries of the Emulators to link them with RCB.
You can just point it to anything you like (notepad.exe or just some text files).

But I guess we should concentrate on core RetroPlayer features right now and should not mix up with issues that might be RCB related.

I think you are right about RCB. That being said, controller support and ability to open roms and run them properly is a must. I bypassed my controller problem but would really like to use my ps3 one. I am using openelec based version
Hi Garbear - any chance of an ION x86_64 build of openelec?
+1 on an ION x86_64 build.
First of all, thank you everyone for testing! Remember, keep those debug logs coming!

(2013-09-14, 22:40)Duduke Wrote: Also, I do believe the 32bit OpenELEC ION builds are going aways as all IONs are 64bit capable.

Not as long as I run an ION 32 system Smile ION x64 based on OpenELEC 3.2.0 images are forthcoming.

(2013-09-15, 13:32)crajohns6965 Wrote: I'm able to play games now (yay!) but savestates don't seem to be created (I can rewind though). Nothing appears in .userdata/Savegames (directories do get created, though). I keep seeing this message in the debug log; not sure if related:

ERROR: LibretroEnvironment query ID=17: invalid query

Savestates, the savestate manager, game info tags (which never worked) and RCB compatibility were dropped for the pull request. The folder .userdata/Savegames should not be created (maybe it already existed?). "ERROR: LibretroEnvironment query ID=17: invalid query" was a harmless error, as query 17 hasn't been implemented. Thanks for catching this though, as eventually i'm sure it'd bite me in the ass Smile

(2013-09-15, 13:51)crajohns6965 Wrote: Ahh, that makes sense. In-game saving doesn't work either, right?

Technically, savestates still work (this is how rewind is possible). I tested Snes9x for a 60 seconds, and just over 100MB of sequential savestates were created. The part I removed was the savestate database, so no savestates are saved to disk.

(2013-09-15, 20:45)doucettom Wrote: Downloading, version 3.2.0 of OpenElec is out BTW.

I will try this with my PS3 Bluetooth controller. Is it supposed to work out of the box ?

I'll compile new images based on OpenELEC 3.2.0. There are no RetroPlayer keymaps for PS3 bluetooth controller, but I picked one up so when I got time I'll get the controller fully functional.

(2013-09-16, 00:39)ghostelement Wrote: When you get to the point where you're ready to compile for OSX, I've got a machine I can do extensive testing with.

I don't have an OSX machine, so OSX support won't come from me. You can try compiling for OSX and see how far it gets.

(2013-09-16, 02:06)teeedubb Wrote: There is no option to use mednafen for gameboy* systems, which mednafen does support. I get stuttering audio with meteor gba + gba roms, that I dont get with external mednafen:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/6112856/

VirtualBoy roms *.vb are unable to find a emulator to install, mednafen supports *.vb : http://paste.ubuntu.com/6112888/

Game launching fails if no system directory is defined, launched fine after system directory is defined - sorry I didnt get a log, but I can if needed.

Also with a xbox360 controller rw/ff is finicky in that letting go of the triggers doesnt stop ff/rw, sometimes it will just go down from 32x to 8x etc. Is there anyway that the non-trigger buttons be used to stop ff/rw when ff/rw'ing?

Mednafen GBA core should be available for win32 and linux (linux32 failed to compile). I would like to see a debug log. I picked up a 360 controller, so I'll fix controller support when I have time.

(2013-09-16, 05:24)Adam7288 Wrote: 1. With the 360 USB controller, I still had that "auto repeat button" issue. Seems to only crop up when you are in the menu system for xbmc. For instance, after I set up the path to look for roms, it kept firing the A button repeatedly.

2. Screen ratios - seemed to default to 16:9 aspect ratio with black bars on top, even though my monitor is 4:3. The image was distorted, making everything seem wider. Not sure if there is a setting to change this, and of course an auto-detect would be the best solution.

3. No obvious way to use any shaders (guessing that is not high on the priority list)

4. No obvious way to change keymap for any particular system

I'll look into the auto repeat issue when i've got time. Screen ratios are defined by the emulator. Which emulator was distorted? Have you tried others? Shaders are pretty low on the priority list (which you'll understand if you read the reports of crashing emulators). Custom gamepad configuration has been discussed here, contributions (ideas, etc) to the discussion are welcome.

(2013-09-16, 05:55)doucettom Wrote: OK I was finally able to do some improvements ... by using NFS mounts with a good ol' autostart.sh instead of using the NFS interface in XBMC

I plugged in my F710 Logitech Wireless remote gamepad. Seems to work out of the box for bSNES and Yabause which is too slow for me to use (lag too much)

I am still unable to use PSX, it is asking for a directory or use game directory, but if I chose game directory XBMC is crashing on me.

NFS work-arounds are being discussed here. NFS should work out of the box or fail gracefully, however, so this is something I'll be looking into. Try disabling real-time rewind in the settings, and see if Yabause goes any faster. Post a debug log of PSX failing and I'll look into it later.

(2013-09-16, 05:58)edru Wrote: Where can someone download the RetroPlayer 2013-09-14-f51e46f build for windows? Doesn't seem to be in the folder in the opening post.

Compile from source. I'll push out a new build when something non-trivial changes.

(2013-09-16, 08:06)malte Wrote: Installation of snes9x-next fails.

The install failed at this line. It looks like an internal XBMC problem, nothing useful is showing up in the debug log. Do other emulators install correctly?
(2013-09-16, 23:30)garbear Wrote: Mednafen GBA core should be available for win32 and linux (linux32 failed to compile). I would like to see a debug log. I picked up a 360 controller, so I'll fix controller support when I have time.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6116885/

ff/rw/pause works very nicely via remote, have you thought about just using the remote for ff/rw? From n64/psx onwards the trigger buttons are needed for gameplay and with openelec/xpad the triggers on a xbox360 pad are troublesome.

I found the choose system directory dialog a bit confusing at first, could it not automatically use the userdata/appdata/emuX.plugin/ folder and if a user wants to change it they can via the settings.
Here are my logs:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59562

Were do I configure Yabause ?
Atari lynx + 32x roms not visible/playable. Not sure if the 32x is compatible with retroarch but lynx is with mednafen

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6117103/

EDIT: same with nds roms
32x is not compatible with XBMC retroarch... yet.

There is a core called Picodrive that can play 32x games, but it hasn't been ported yet. I don't know why. I tried to compile it myself but couldn't figure it out.
The general consensus I'm seeing is that some emulators work well, and others make you want to put your fist through your screen. Nothing a little TLC++ couldn't solve! (haha)

But the sad truth is that most of the emulators are written in C instead of C++, and C makes my head hurt. I entirely plan to put as much effort as possible into getting Bust-A-Move working flawlessly, but it will take me a while to get around to the other emulators. I don't have much time anymore, so it could be a long while. If anyone wants to help out maister and twinaphex and the rest of the awesome libretro crew, you'll have my full support.
linux x64 genesis + master system when loading a rom it acts as though there is no emulator installed, even though gens was manually installed. When selecting a emulator to install it fails saying it couldnt find a compatible one.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6118492/
(2013-09-17, 00:55)doucettom Wrote: Here are my logs:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59562

Were do I configure Yabause ?

I mean disabling ff/rw ?

It might be the hardware as well... Athlon 64 3200+ / 2GB RAM / GeForce GT210. Debug mode showed that CPU kicks 99.9% usage when I start Yabause ...
Can I kindly request a generic 3.2 x64 build please :-)
It may have been asked before but how about mupen64plus? I was able to use it successfully through retroarch on linux. I did have to add some extra .ini files though so that may be an issue.

https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
you could compile it yourself and see if it loads. don't expect it to, however, as i believe it requires special OpenGL handling for the 3d graphics. minds much brighter than mine will have to look into this Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16